For the love of Jeb, physics easing must be fixed.

I've got quite a few mods installed -- MechJeb, Kerbal Alarm Clock, Kramax Autopilot, Kerbal Engineer, Transfer Window Planner, Kerbal Planetary Base Systems, Feline Utility Rovers, Kerbal Interstellar Extended, Kopernicus, Outer Planets, Umbra Construction -- all the most recent versions, all purportedly compatible with 1.3.1 at this point. But I don't think the problem is with any of these mods. I think the problem is with KSP 1.3.1.

To put it bluntly: Physics easing is scrod.

Right now I'm trying to perform a simple ore-mining mission on Minmus. Ore mining takes a long while, especially with just two drills on my lander. But I can't speed it up by going to warp. Why? Because as soon as I come out of warp, my lander sproings way up in the air, breaking both my drills. So I have to just let it run in the background for several hours in order to complete a one-star mission. I can't save my game partway through and reload later. As soon as I reload, sproing, break.

This is happening with roughly one-third of my landing craft. It happens when I drive a rover within 200 m of the lander that's supposed to pick my rover-driving Kerbals up and take them home. It happens, pretty much, on every world I've landed on that has lower gravity than Kerbin. It even happens on Kerbin: I brought in an asteroid, sent my retrieval vehicle to bring it back to the KSC to add it to my collection; as soon as the retrieval vehicle came within 200 m, the 9-ton asteroid hopped and rolled.

This is untenable. Squad should be doing nothing else right now but fixing this game-breaking problem. Version 1.3.1 is the Windows ME of KSP. We need 1.3.2, with properly functioning physics easing, yesterday.

I came here to post this.. its new from 1.3 or 1.3.1. anything with wheels, as soon as i load it or come out of warp boom it gets launched.. enough to put me in orbit on minmus lol.. 

i dont think its the physics.. i think its the terrain.. if you notice vehicles slightly clip into the ground now.. before not so much.. they changed something recently.

As far as I understand this isn't actually being caused by physics easing, but rather by KSPs vessel-reload-and-position code.  It is restoring the vessel as being slightly clipped into the terrain, and the standard collision response is what is causing the leaping.  Gravity/physics easing has nothing to do with it (physics easing only effects gravity, not collisions; it is the collisions that are at fault here).  It is a known issue and has several tickets on the official bug tracker already.

The proper solution will have to come with some analytics to ensure that when a vessel is reloaded it is not colliding with the terrain.  I'm not sure why it is happening currently (no KSP source access), but I would have to infer that they are trying to re-position the vessel on load mathematically (restoring the previous latitude/longitude, or x/y/z relative to parent body, with no further checks), rather than physically (which would involve lots of raycasts/collider sweep tests to find the proper position).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.