Large landing gear accel time bug?

I have a larger-sized SSTO with the LY-60 and LY-35 landing gear.  I noticed that after the 1.3.1 update, if the craft is landed, and on any planet, if you accelerate time...   When you try to come back to 1x time, the craft leaps off the ground a bit.  On Kerbin it's not too horrible; although, if linked up to a station or fuel line it can trigger explosions.  On low gravity worlds, like Minmus, it's obscene!  The craft vaults off the surface a good 10-20 meters, and can really mess things up!   The same thing will happen if you try to load a save game, the craft will leap off the surface.

So my questions are...

1. Anyone else have this problem?  ...in the event it might just be me and a few mods I have?  (which are very few)
  2. Has it been a known issue for awhile and I just haven't noticed?
  3. Or was this a possible bug introduced with the 1.3.1 update?
Edited by XLjedi

Awww, that's a shame...   well, hope they fix it fast!

It is one of those things that can make folks not want to visit their favorite bases.

Appreciate the confirm that is was in fact a bug introduced in 1.3.1

This could definitely put a big damper on my craft development activities, as I was just getting into modular base designs that can be deployed by a MK3 SSTA.  ...but all my missions are vaulting into the air and exploding.  

Guess it gives me some time to start playing the next game in the library.

Edited by XLjedi

Well 1.3.1 seems to have untamed it...  and then walked over and kicked it several times to really get it ticked-off...

It's documented (link above) as noticeably worse in the 1.3.1 update and apparently even game breaking for some.

Edited by XLjedi

Been seeing some strange things in 1.3.1 as well. I wanted the "jumping sun" fixed, as well as the action groups for drills, and they've done so. But, now it seems we need another update to fix the last update. I imagine this is a perpetual cycle in programming. It can't be easy, so I'm not really complaining. They've already said there'll be a 1.4, so hopefully that'll take care of these things. Then we can discuss the new bugs in 1.4. :)

Well, the phanton forces that throw your craft in the air are usually caused by [autostrut:heaviest part]. Landing gears and legs have it always on. 

Avoid AS:heaviest on other parts; keep you landing gears close to the heaviest part and avoid situations where another part become  the heaviest. 

Take a look at EVA resource transfer for an alternative for docking/KAS pipes as refuelling tool.

The issue will still be there until the devs had comes with another iteration. But hopefully you may at least keep the game payable.

For me, any landed ensemble of moderate complexity, regardless of wheels/legs presence, jumps after time warp or phys loading. It's a horrorshow.

I think the threshold for such crazy jumps was higher in 1.3.0. Now i can't even use my landed ships, let alone the bases.

I hope this will be fixed soon as my hobby is broken.

Oh! also, when i takeoff during the, ahem, temporo-probabilistic jump, my ship status still reads as landed.

Edited by vicdoctor

@Squad if it's this bad for everyone...  it is game breaking.  

This is my latest craft landed on Ike; and this is what happens when you load a save game, come out of time accel, or try to extend/retract the landing gear.  This particular craft is 109 parts and I don't think too terribly complex or overly auto-strutted. 

If I try to refuel and come out of accel time, when the gear drops into the surface and then gets ejected (as the video shows) it pushes the gear up so hard it physically changes the location of the gear in the craft, and basically destroys it!  The design of this particular craft includes a vertical stabilizer with tail gear that keeps it from flipping completely on its back, but I imagine other craft designs would just get flipped onto their backs.

I'm seriously considering walking away from the game for awhile until this gets resolved.

...on a bright note, at least my Kerbal crew seems to enjoy it!

Edited by XLjedi

Just now, Oiff said:

If it breaks the game for you just revert to 1.3.0 while they try and fix the issues with 1.3.1.

Good point, I'm rolling back to 1.3.0 and just gonna forget I saw this update for now... 

Thankfully, I can rollback...  A few have asked me about purchasing the game since the update; I can't recommend they buy into this version right now.  Hopefully, a 1.3.2 fix takes care of this soon!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.