Orky Bitz! 0.1

Austupaio

Here's 0.1 of Orky Bitz!

As of now it includes re-textured parts of both default and and Sunday Punch nature, so thanks to him and the staff. The properties haven't been changed (save author, name and description) as I haven't perfected how I want each item to behave.

Here's a basic list of them, although I should point out that many of these pieces are Sunday Punch's and therefore meant to go with his. For example the adapter and fuel tank are useless on their own so you should download his pack here.

The Large Fuel Tank (Big Tank) and Adapter Cone (Adapter Bit) for Sunday Punch's Liquid Engine Cluster and other items.

1yKJl.png

Escape Tower (Blastoff) that has a small alarm.

Z3zjr.png

Medium Solid State (Long One).

bRaxh.png

Nose Cone (Pointy Bit).

KNVRQ.png

Standard Solid State (Orky Rocket).

lyo1V.png

Command Capsule (Cockpit) however it's useless at them moment since you can't switch out command capsules yet.

M4NZS.png

Standard Fuel Tank (Lit'l Tank).

BNnIY.png

Two Standard Wings.

erVO9.png

Full credit list now.

Sunday Punch for his great little pack.

HarvesteR, Carnifice, MrBrownce for the game's base parts.

Games Workshop for concept.

Here's a couple of links you came here for.

Mediafire - http://www./?zr74e2ce8mdrads

Filefront - http://www.gamefront.com/files/20550968/Austupaio%27s+Orky+Bitz.rar

Finally, whoever can build me the bestest, most orkiest craft that can get 20,000 feet with Jebediah still alive gets to be my OP/signature banner and can make a request.

The next update will include more unique properties, a couple more pieces and maybe new models and sounds (for sounds I'll need the devs to make the engine read the entire sounds folder, check my thread in Development).

Here's some random stuff I've made, none of it terribly successful.

QBlVk.pngOSoSN.png5oKDv.pngaWpKh.png

Just knocked off another one of your pieces and a default. Nose piece and fuel tank. Also decided that the small solid states would benefit from some flames. Next up is your medium wibbly-wobbly solid state

aWpKh.png

Edit; as promised. Medium solid state. I thought that, seeing as a cluster of these is a sure fire way to reach escape velocity (or become a molten death trap), they deserved the Evil Sunz banner.

VSW4M.png

I love it! The look like they were made from bits of sheet metal salvaged from a junk yard just fits the idea of a Kerbal rocket in my mind. Kinda like a super low-tech version of the Pheonix from Star Trek.

Orkz and Kerbals aren't so different, after all.

Can you make some parts where it's more or less a bomb, or a cluster of bombs which we can detach given someone making faces at us from the ground?

On my list for when I'm done editing other people's parts and make my own.

Ma f'rst postin!

Changered ta' bitz n called em mk1pod in all ta filez, workin like a champ, it is...

errr

i renamed all the orky names on the orky command pod to mk1pod and deleted the original...worked like a charm. unfortunetly there isnt a way to have both that i can figure out

Not until they make it possible to switch out the capsule you start with in the hangar, no. This is partially why my command capsule is a bit lazy, I'll make it more interesting once it can be switched out in-game rather than replacing the default.

Glad to hear you like the parts. :)

This is great.

The real question is, do we really need the red ones, or are we more in dire need of blue bitz?

From a human perspective, you'd think blue would satisfy a greater deficiency. But that's not as orky. the SAS should still be blue, though.

SAS modules would be good blue, though.

Red's not the only color with significance, you know. Although it might be the only one that still confers mechanical benefit? I don't play 40k. I know blue granted an invulnerable save for a while.

Paint'em som flamez, so it will go fasta.

The normal ork design would be an arrow, pointed in the desired direction of travel.

I got to 731341 m with a simple orky rocket :D

OrkyrocketinSpace.png

Thats my rocket in space, heres what it originally looked like:

OrkyRocket.png

So yeah, only things that are non-orky are the SAS and the radial and stack decouplers.

I hit 30,000 meters then my fuel cut out, I just drifted through space after that, I could've gone farther but I stopped :)