StarMods:  Selection feedback.

Gameslinx

9 hours ago, Cabbink said:

Things for StarMods(recommendations/suggestions obviously):
1.I don't recommend having people who ask be able to be starmods. have it so if it gains lots of popularity, it will be noticed by squad

Before writing the below reply, I would like to say this post is not toned in a negative way, it is on topic, and it is not a personal attack.

Instead of creating a 'star mods' after a mod gets a good following, I think they should be selected when the mod looks as if it has acquired a good potential and a lot of effort has gone into it, for example:

A development thread which outlines the progress of the mod. A trailer (if applicable) detailing what the mod can provide users. These two combined show the effort which is put into mods.

As for some ---> constructive criticism <---, I think squad should note that a lot of fleshed out, decent, high effort and outright amazing mods have NOT been in the spotlight. They should definitely look back at some mods and consider showcasing them.

Remember, squad is not "just for fun", squad is a professional company - star mods shows what Squad can do for the community, and saying they're doing this "just for fun" goes against that point.

I'm all about fairness proportional to the effort that goes into these community made projects. I would love to see more fairness in future StarMods showcases.

Thank you.

The issue here with "Star Mods", I feel, is that by a SQUAD representative posting a mod in the "Star Mods" section on the Official Kerbal Space Program Forums they are pretty much endorsing said mod as being a good, solid representation of what their game is/can be/can do . What has obviously got people upset is that they feel the are mods out there that have been released that haven't been given endorsement by SQUAD that they feel does represent what KSP is or can potentially be whilst a particular selection are being listed in the "Star Mods" section that are either not currently 'fleshed out', are of a much lower standard compared to others or could subjectively be argued against being a good representation of a mod for Kerbal Space Program.

All this being said, I think a simple solution would be to get those who chose the mods that get featured to actively be involved in the playing community of the game to grasp an understanding and better knowledge of the modded KSP community.

EDIT: To add to the above point, generally a lot of modders don't even play the game anymore as they spend most of their time with KSP either coding plugins, doing artwork etc. I don't see why being a SQUAD member of staff, having to work with the game in a job environment, would be much different. Maybe its time to outsource these decisions to community based members/community based group?

Edited by Poodmund

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.