[1.12.x] NavHud Renewed

linuxgurugamer

On 2018. 3. 27. at 3:39 PM, windmt said:

Thank you for your good work.

I have a issue;
NavHud may interfere with Stock Visual Enhancements.(maybe its cloud only)

(omitted)

I have same glitch like windmt, and I found that Flight Indicator mod causes same problem. I think it regards about lighting.

I don't have log now but I can create and serve it if you want.

Win 10 64bit, KSP 1.4.2, Radeon HD 6370M(shown as 6600M series).

P.S. KSP 1.4.2 doesn't fixed that black ring glitch.

8 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

It seems to be related to the Radeon, at least I dont' recall seeing any messages from anyone who has this on an nVidia card

I totally agree your mention about black ribbon problem and I think it is from KSP 1.4, Unity 2017, or Catalyst's own bug. I'm not saying this problem should be fixed by you.

But, shiny effect with this and SVE is at least reported once more by windmt that nVidia Geforce GTX 560 user. I also think shiny glitch is not this mod's problem and fix is needed from T2, but I just wanted to notice it to you.

I tried out NavHud Renewed in KSP 1.4.1 and 1.4.2 today on two different computers, and I don't get the big black ring on Kerbin, but I do get some other artifacts: a diagonal red line at the center of the screen, and a thin ring of black pixels around the sun.

U3pX16L.jpg

Both appear in the flight scene when NavHud is visible, and disappear when it's hidden (either with 'Y', or by hiding the game's entire UI with F2).

The diagonal red line appears on my Linux PC with an nVidia GTX 1060, but not on my MacBook Pro with an integrated Intel GPU.  It always looks exactly the same regardless of camera rotation, and it's always in the middle of the screen even if I change what the camera is pointing at (via middle-drag or a part's "aim camera" button), so it seems to be anchored to the screen, not to the spacecraft or anything else in the world.

The sun ring appears on both computers, but it also appears in map mode (while piloting a vessel, not in the tracking station) even with no mods installed, so it's not caused entirely by NavHud.  But it only appears in the flight scene while NavHud is displayed.

Neither of these artifacts occurred with NavHud in KSP 1.3 on the same two computers.

(Neither of these is a big deal — don't take this as a complaint or anything.  I just noticed them while setting up a 1.4 install, and figured I'd provide a bug report.)

On 3/31/2018 at 6:58 AM, Rock5 said:

@linuxgurugamer, are you actively developing this mod or are you just keeping it working? I ask because I have a feature request.

As far as I know no docking mods offer support for aligning the claw with target ships. I can sort of see why they haven't, but I have an idea as to how it could work. Seeing as this is my favorite docking mod I thought I'd make a feature request here.

What I suggest is that when you target a ship, alignment markers appear at all the 6 cardinal locations. I'm assuming that ships have an overall alignment that can be used for this. Then, as you approach your target from the side you want to attach to, and roughly aim in the correct direction, you will see the marker you need to aim for to be aligned. Of course you might need to translate to where you actually want to attach but at least you can be sure you are aligned wherever you attach.

What do you think

Two things.

first, I’m in the middle of updating all my mods for 1.4.1+, I dont really have time to do new development.

Second, this mod is in more of a maintenance mode, I doubt that I would be making any significant improvements.

That being said, if someone were to submit a PR with some useful improvements, I’d be glad to incorporate them, with attribution to the person making the changes

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, qeveren said:

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but this isn't showing up in CKAN, again?  KSP 1.4.2 (plus expansion), CKAN 1.24.0.  The previous version by Ninenium appears, only.

It's probably listed for 1.4.1 only

You can install it, just select 1.4 compatibility in order to see it.  I will be going back and updating the version of all the ones I did already once I finish all updates

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, juanml82 said:

Huh, this is supposed to be toggled with the Y key, like the old version, right? Because it's not working for me

Have you changed the binding? Or installed another mod that also uses Y, which might have disabled this one? I can assure you that Y works on my system.

3 minutes ago, juanml82 said:

Nope. And the older version works fine if I delete this one

Make sure you have the dependencies installed 

Put the current one back, start the game, go into the flight scene and hit Y. 

Then post the log file 

Edited by linuxgurugamer

11 hours ago, juanml82 said:

First, next time please post the output_log.txt.

Second, I was able to find the problem.  You need to update the ToolbarController, it's too old of a version.

Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@linuxgurugamer: I've sent you a PR that fixes the hud text blocking input when it should not (ie, when the text is locked). If you've seen my recent streams, you'll grousing about it a bit (I don't know why my mouse is attracted to input blocking regions, but it sure seems to like them).

[edit] I have tested to ensure that unlocking the text activates the input blocking.

Edited by taniwha

New release, 1.3.6:

• Thanks to @taniwha for the following fixes:
    • Update the Makefile so it works (used on Linux & OSX dev environments)
    • Lock the clickthrough blocker when the hud text is locked.
    • Get waypoints mostly working.
    • Fix the actual display of the waypoint markers.
  • Fixed typo in the .version file

• 2 weeks later...

Hey linuxgurugamer,

I got the strange saturation bug that windmt has too. The same glitch happens with Kerbal Flight Indicators.
And you guess it I got an Radeon 390.

Is there anything I can do to help you track this down?
Oh and I suspect Environmental Visual Enhancements to play a major role in this glitch.

Edited by Daywalker81

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.