[1.12.x] NavHud Renewed

linuxgurugamer

• 3 months later...
55 minutes ago, SteveD80 said:

NavHud seems broken in 1.8, and plans to update?

I'm sure there are plenty of plans to update.

In any case, I'm confirming it "doesn't work" -- in that the indicators and H/V line overlays do not appear. The small info panel does appear above the navball, though.  A few things in the visual end of things were changed/upgraded in v1.8, so this isn't surprising.

@linuxgurugamer -- oddly enough, Kerbal Flight Indicators *do* still appear just fine. Possibly because these are images being projected, rather than drawn lines?

@SteveD80 Its bad form, and even a forum rule and a post about it (I cant find the thread for it rn), to ask mod devs for updates. Especially only days after KSP updates, much less VERY BIG KSP updates where the Unity engines has been updated.
Also, the dev of NavHUD owns over 200 mods, all of which will need to be tested, and updated as needed.
Please be patient. ;)

11 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 1.4.0

• Update for KSP 1.8
  • Added InstallChecker
  • Thanks to github user @MasterSon-git for a PR which pointed out most of the needed changes

A big thank you @linuxgurugamer for picking up the torch and maintaining the mods that so many in the community rely on for their Kerbal experience.

• 1 month later...
On 12/20/2019 at 7:31 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 1.4.0.3

• Moved initialization of vars into Start() function

I'm not sure how you handle bugs or issues, but after the patch my lines always center on my camera. They are no longer drawn based on my control point. Further, 'y' no longer turns it on and off, I have to open up the menu and toggle each marker I want drawn to the screen. Thankfully, the heading and markers still draw correctly.

I hate for this to be how I send my first message, because I love the work you do for mods, but hopefully this is some help.

2 hours ago, SafetyDancer said:

I'm not sure how you handle bugs or issues, but after the patch my lines always center on my camera. They are no longer drawn based on my control point. Further, 'y' no longer turns it on and off, I have to open up the menu and toggle each marker I want drawn to the screen. Thankfully, the heading and markers still draw correctly.

I hate for this to be how I send my first message, because I love the work you do for mods, but hopefully this is some help.

It is, I’ll look at it later thisafternoon

New release, 1.4.0.4

• Fixed the order of initialization.  
  • In NavHud.cs, moved the initial initialization up to the AddComponent into an Awake(),  everything past that was left in the Start()
  • In MainBehaviour.cs, changed Start() to Awake()

Sorry about the mistake.  I've been fixing the Unity issue in over a dozen mods in the past few days, not all of them mine, and had limited time for testing.  Essentially, I was testing to see that the error was gone, and expected to miss a real issue here or there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/5/2020 at 8:48 PM, Dr. Omicron said:

did you wake up one day after watching a sci fi space movie with super cool space craft overlay huds? seems like you went over the top. Great mod anyway.

You can hide/fine tune individual components pretty easily. They're all just "on" by default. :)  Plus, LGG just adopted this mod.

2 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

You can hide/fine tune individual components pretty easily. They're all just "on" by default. :)  Plus, LGG just adopted this mod.

Yup... i usually turn off all the lines, except for the 4 cardinals (Azimuth=4), and the 0°, 30°, 60° (Altitude=5). I also turn off the HUD text, as I use VOID for all that. ;)

52 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Ummm, I adopted this mod 2 years ago

I think he meant "only" and not "recently."

As in, you didn't watch a sci-fi show with a wicked HUD and therefore implemented this mod. You watched a sci-fi show with a wicked HUD and therefore remembered this mod, and then adopted it.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I don't know why, I adopted it years ago :-)

Its been a solid 4 years since I played and I just found your renewed version of it!

I have a question though, CKAN says that Navhud is dependent on Tool bar Controller and Click Through Blocker but Im not seeing anything about that on Spacedock or Github or the Forums aaand I just updated to 1.12.2 and Navhud isnt working for me

3 hours ago, Oshen said:

Its been a solid 4 years since I played and I just found your renewed version of it!

I have a question though, CKAN says that Navhud is dependent on Tool bar Controller and Click Through Blocker but Im not seeing anything about that on Spacedock or Github or the Forums aaand I just updated to 1.12.2 and Navhud isnt working for me

Update: I did go a head and install both Tool Bar Controller and Click Through Blocker and NavHud is perfect. Perhaps there is a way that the NavHud blurb on Spacedock can be updated to say that NavHud has these dependencies? I may have missed it on the actual forum but I only saw that it required dependencies through CKAN

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.