HELP NEEDED with Orbital Matching

Help me please, I think my game is glitching out. I'm playing with galileo's system replacer, using a station and a probe. I've put the station in the same orbit as Lili but shifted ahead (a large asteroid in the belt of a large planet) and want to use the probe to find ore deposits. the station is in a stable position - I've accelerated time and watched them orbit, they stay the same distance apart. The trouble begins when I actually go to use the probe. I get it into a capture of Lili, and then the station's orbit changes. it goes from stable and separate to falling straight down to the planet, and when I use Hyperedit to place it back in the same orbit as Lili, it starts Falling towards it. I've looked at the velocities, and they're the same. Lili is orbiting at 455,000m and 3578.5m/s, I'm orbiting at 449,000m and 3578.5m/s. When I switch to target mode, I'm moving towards Lili at around 200m/s. 

How can I be moving in the same orbit and same velocity as a celestial body AND be falling towards it? also, when I fall towards it my orbit doesn't show a transfer into Lili's SOI, I just crash and explode. Can anyone explain what is happening?

Do note that speed is not velocity ... one's scalar, the other is vector, and depending on the directions of the vectors the same speeds can have a velocity difference up to the sum of them.

In any case, it sounds like you may be too far distant to use rendezvous maneuvers, but need to use orbital mechanics to your advantage.  Change your orbit's period to close in on your target on the next orbit, or thrust prograde and down to get there sooner.

I was recently in a conversation with somebody else who was have some weird orbital glitches.  Not what you describe exactly but something similar.  He determined the problem was HyperEdit.  He uninstalled it and the problem went away.  I don't know if you're having the same issue or not, but why don't you try uninsalling HyperEdit and see what happens.  If you need to change orbits, you can use the cheat menu.

If you are orbiting a planet at the same orbit as a moon is also orbiting that planet, but close enough to the moon to be within the moon's SOI, then you are not orbiting the planet. You are stationary relative the the moon. When you are stationary above a world, you fall toward it.

You want to use Hyperedit (or your engines :wink: ) to get into orbit of the MOON, not the PLANET.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.