[KSP 1.3.1] Kartographer (new thread) - 1.1.1 [2017-11-04] - Warp To control, Celestial Body Data, Vessel Select and Maneuver Editor

RealGecko

A year ago @satnet granted me permissions to:

On 10/23/2016 at 3:01 AM, satnet said:

As far as I'm concerned you have the right to redistribute it, change the license, or nominate a new maintainer.

But during events in my life I barely had time to maintain my own mods, but Here I am, on the road again...©

Original thread is here.

version-1.1.0-brightgreen.svg KSP-1.3.1-brightgreen.svgdownload-SpaceDock-brightgreen.svg CKAN-indexed-brightgreen.svgsource-GitHub-brightgreen.svg license-Restricted-brightred.svg

Originally created by @satnet this mod is a pretty solid set of utilities that make your flight much easier.

Kartographer-1509426460.6679711.png

Utilities

Warp To

Gives you precise control over the "Warp To" capability. You can warp to any point in the future. It will detect maneuvers and SOI transitions and add buttons to warp straight to them. This works in the map view, tracking station, and in flight. This is a great way to get to transfer windows or warp to a maneuver that needs more than 1 minute of lead time. This is particularly useful in the tracking station where you have no limit on timewarp, but don't have an easy way to warp to a specific point in time.

Vessel Select

Gives you a list of vessels ordered by proximity. You can target or switch to any vessel in the list. This includes flags, asteroids, and debris (the latter two are suppressed unless you want them). You can clear the current target of your vessel.

This utility also allows you to "Unleash the Kraken" on you current vessel. It will destroy a random part on your vessel until it is gone. This is a far more satisfying way of clearing debris than terminating it in the tracking station.

Celestial Body Data

• Lists all celestial bodies in hierarchical order
  • Provides full information about celestial body and it's orbit
  • Allows to focus view and target the body

Maneuver Editor

Gives you full control over your maneuver nodes. Precisely control the time and delta-V of your maneuvers. Store your maneuvers, try something else, and if it doesn't work restore the original set. It also includes a subset of the "Warp To" functionality to quickly warp to a maneuver (-1 min, -10 min, and -1 hr for varied TWRs). I created this when I had an orbit that refused to give me a selection point on the current orbit and it grew from there. I've tried other maneuver editors, but I kept coming back to this one for one reason or another (mostly the ability to create a new node when the orbit click method is finicky and time controls in human friendly scales).

Download

Space Dock

License

All rights reserved

Source

GitHub

Changelog:

Spoiler

Version 1.1.1

• Fixed Vessel Select not clearing control lock on scene change
  • Some layout improvements in Celestial Body Data
  • Changed button layout in Maneuver Editor a little bit
  • Some code cleanup in TimeControl class
  • Some layout fixing in TimeControl class
  • Fixed control locks not being removed on interface hide (F2)
  • Fixed autohide feature with Blizzy's Toolbar
  • Selected celestial is highlighted in Celestial Body Data list
  • Some code cleanup in App Launcher
  • Celestial Body Data is now compatible with Galactic Neighborhood
  • Switched to KSP dateTimeFormatter
  • Modified number formatting
  • Added orbital speed in Celestial Body Data

Version 1.1.0

• Removed all internal styling
  • Focus Select removed as it's functionality superseeded by Flight Plan and new tool Celestial Body Data
  • Added Celestial Body Data: targeting, viewing, data, orbital data
  • Fixed input locking on all tools to prevent clickthroughs
  • Updated Blizzy's Toolbar Wrapper
  • Changed Blizzy's Toolbar button behavior (autohide feature still does not work with Toolbar button)
  • Toolbar may be switched on the fly
  • Some code refactoring
  • Next/Prev buttons swapped in Maneuver Editor
  • Replaced toolbar icon with new one from flaticon.com
  • All mods are hidden on gamepause or F2

Version 0.1.0.3

• Recompile for KSP 1.2
  • Focus Changer active in flight mode
  • Targeting mode disabled in Focus changer, each celestial has additional button with "*" mark for targeting
  • Some code optimization

Version 0.1.0.1

Apoapsis, Periapsis, Ascending/Descending Node, Atmosphere Entry/Exit buttons added to time control (shared by maneuver editor and warp to). Sorting by name added to vessel select. Made the time between exploding parts for "Unleash the Kraken" random. Moved orbit buttons on Warp To so they are consistent with maneuver editor.

Bug Fixes: Fixed persistence of the kraken warning, so it really is shown only once. Refresh the vessel list when a vessel is destroyed.

Version 0.1.0.0

Initial Version

Edited by RealGecko
JAMU

Version 1.1.1

• Fixed Vessel Select not clearing control lock on scene change
  • Some layout improvements in Celestial Body Data
  • Changed button layout in Maneuver Editor a little bit
  • Some code cleanup in TimeControl class
  • Some layout fixing in TimeControl class
  • Fixed control locks not being removed on interface hide (F2)
  • Fixed autohide feature with Blizzy's Toolbar
  • Selected celestial is highlighted in Celestial Body Data list
  • Some code cleanup in App Launcher
  • Celestial Body Data is now compatible with Galactic Neighborhood
  • Switched to KSP dateTimeFormatter
  • Modified number formatting
  • Added orbital speed in Celestial Body Data

I found this a few weeks ago, it's a nifty mod, as it includes stuff which would otherwise require using several different mods. One little cool thing Precise Node has, which could be nice to add, is the ability to write  the prograde/normal/radial values of the nodes - that's something I find useful from time to time

On 11/12/2017 at 5:18 AM, juanml82 said:

I found this a few weeks ago, it's a nifty mod, as it includes stuff which would otherwise require using several different mods.

Yeah, when I first encountered Kartographer it was da best, cause it had all I needed in one place. However as time passes by, many other mods with same and improved functionality appear. As I mentioned it just now in Haystack Continued thread:

On 11/12/2017 at 5:18 AM, juanml82 said:

One little cool thing Precise Node has, which could be nice to add, is the ability to write  the prograde/normal/radial values of the nodes

There're lot of things that may be improved in Kartographer, but I dunno when I'll have the time to do all the things I want to improve. Anyway your wish is noted as I find this feature really handy too.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...