Looking for programer

wenth

Looking for coder for help making a parts pack. 

Wanting to make a mechwarrior/battletech stock alike-ish parts pack but I'm excrements with code and cfgs but I can 3D model. Any one willing to help bring battletech/mechwarrior style dropships and parts to ksp! (sorry not thinking of full mechs people already make stock magic ones even) 

that's a great idea mate! I'm not sure you need a coder though - you can create 3d models for the parts and use some simple CFG's to load them in the game. you can copy a given part's CFG based on similar functionality (i.e. for the mech's "head" you could copy a command pod's CFG, etc.)

cheers!

2 hours ago, hypervelocity said:

that's a great idea mate! I'm not sure you need a coder though - you can create 3d models for the parts and use some simple CFG's to load them in the game. you can copy a given part's CFG based on similar functionality (i.e. for the mech's "head" you could copy a command pod's CFG, etc.)

cheers!

ya iv tried to mess around with the CFG files for parts before and....well I cant seem to not ruin the part/crash the game. so looking for some one that can help me with the CFG seeing as Id like to make parts with working ramps, sic labs, landing legs, custom engs and i cant even get the isp/thrust to change on stock engs with out ruining the game some how.

Hi, for sure it's a great idea, I get asked for SCI FI  series/game stuff all the time , and for the most part you need no fancy code to make them, though if you want to add weapons, robotic parts etc there are already well established plugins that do those things and have a wealth of mod maker /user knowledge available . SO all you need to do is learn how to make the parts work with that code. Most of the mods i make use another mods plugin in some way to drive a feature, be it propeller spinning , robotic arms , or plasma cannons, i could go on, as i use dozens, but you get the idea.

If you've got some solid ideas and maybe parts already made, drop me a pm and i can perhaps  assist in getting them game ready

Spoiler

OkWey6q.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.