Threads of the Month: November!

Dman979

Welcome to November, everybody! I hope you're not too stuffed on candy, because it's time to talk turkey!

Joining the moderators in nominating the Threads Of The Month, we have @Tyko and @Murdabenne!

As everyone who plays with mods knows, Module Manager is an invaluable tool for making changes to the game. But what if you just want a small thing in the vanilla game tweaked? Well, chances are that someone else has thought of that, too, and @Alshain has been keeping track of these minimods since 2016!

I know that we've featured similar things in the past, but this is just too impressive to pass up: In the spirit of tanks-giving, @klond has made a tank with working Thermo-treads! Wow! :o

Next up is this innovative antenna-range graphic from @Kergarin, which manages to tell you basically everything you need to know about CommNet ranges.  It makes it easy to see, at a glance, the answers to questions like:

• "I'm going to <planet>.  What kind of antenna do I need, and how many?"
  • "I have <antenna> on my ship.  Where can I go?"
  • "I have <antenna> and I'm going to <planet>.  Will it not reach at all?  Reach completely?  Only cover part of the orbit?"
  • "I have a level <N> tracking station.  How would the situation change if I upgraded to <N+1>?"

If you've ever played with a modded install, chances are that @linuxgurugamer had something to do with it. This month, he's showing us how we can update older mods so they stay constant with KSP! Great stuff(ing)!

Now, I've made a few Star Wars vehicles in my time, both in KSP and in Lego, but never anything that, well, worked. @SkunkTwerks has outdone himself with his first thread on the forums. And all stock, too!

AweUmd6.png?1

As always, credit to @adsii1970 for making the TOTM image.

That's all for this month, fellow forumers! If you see something you think should be TOTM, be sure to PM a moderator about it! We'll be very thankful!

On 11/1/2017 at 6:50 PM, Dman979 said:

Joining the moderators in nominating the Threads Of The Month, we have @Tyko and @Murdabenne!

I turned in some nominations for Mission Reports TOTM but don't see that any thread in that topic got stickied or mentioned here.

Edited by Geschosskopf

1 hour ago, Vanamonde said:

@Geschosskopf, we've had some turnover on the mod team. Real-life commitments took precedence for a few of the guys. To whom did you send the nominatoins? Check the list of moderators to make sure he's still on there. :)

I sent them to @TheKosmonaut and he acknowledged receipt.  This was just a week or so ago, with the end of October looming.  Still says he's a mod in his profile page to this day.

I also "reported" the threads saying they should be considered for TOTM.

Edited by Geschosskopf

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.