Command to rotate IVA in the config file?

Hey I have recently come back to start playing after taking a break for real life. I am trying to get my old parts updated for 1.3.1 and new Unity. I have most of my config files working now and am almost ready to start a new career game.One file I just cant get the IVA to line up with the model ? The position  and rotation command's don't work under the IVA config file. I seem to remember that this also used to not always work? I am not sure why this works on some models and not others? I know that the offset comand for the IVA in the regular part config works But I cant remember what is the command for changing the rotation? I tried rotate, rotation, and angle, and none of them work's. The offset command work's but I need to rotate the IVA 180-deg to make the hatch line up correctly? Anyone remember the command for rotation in the regular part configuration file?  And is there a Wiki or something for config file commands "Thanks"    

Highly reliable sources tell me that there is no rotation support for the INTERNAL node inside of a part config; it only supports 'offset =' and 'scale ='.  You have to setup the IVA model orientation properly prior to exporting it from Unity.

You -might- be able to rotate the models inside of the IVA config itself (e.g. find the IVA .cfg file, find the MODEL node that defines the base model, and then add a rotation there).  However... it is likely that all of the props would then be misplaced and need to be repositioned/rotated.

Yeah I tried the internal configuration file. For some reason the command's don't work? The model is a ring centrifuge and I just want the access tube to line up with the external model. I need to rotate it 180 deg. and I figure if the props move you wont be able to tell? Might end up with a bag or something in front of the hatch but that’s better on my OCD than the tube sticking out in space. I thought their used to be a command along with offset to move the whole model at its attach point? Its been a long time since I’ve messed with the files Unity has changed and I might be remembering wrong. 

"Thanks for the help"

Hi, yeah when I said "my old parts" I meant my older parts I use for my career game's. I didn't mean to imply ownership or anything. I didn’t actually make the part so I have no idea how it was put together in unity ? I guess I always assumed because you could swap out IVA files between different part's and they had their own .MU file that they were always made separately. My modding  skills end at editing a config file and working with a texture in gimp. "Ha" that's why I tried this thread to get advice from the expert's who know what their doing.Thanks for the help my OCD will probably just have to learn to live with this one.  

"Thanks really appreciate all the help"   

Hi , oh well, as you say, you'll just have to overlook that little issue. Re the IVA's though, generally ( i and those i chat to)  tend to make the IVA at the same time as the model, otherwise it can be horrible trying to line everything up afterward,   the IVA being rotated differently than the external. So almost all IVA's even though they will swap between models with a simple cfg tweak, are uniquely suited to one pod or cockpit or in your case station.

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

Yeah thanks. You have to remember with the old models it's not anyone’s fault. When these old models were done we only had IVA and external view. There was no fancy cut away internal view. You could have the IVA "backwards' "upside down" and rotated any way you wanted and as long as it looked cool was sized about right and the window transforms were assigned the correct camera view no one ever knew our cared how they were lined up.   

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.