I may be entirely daft here - it's likely, but I have my space station set up, with its fuel tanks.

I have 3 tanks for monopropellant, and 3 tanks for Liquid fuel and oxidizer. I filled them all up at launch with monopropellant. Now 3 are empty - i want to convert these empty tanks to hold Lq and Ox. How do I make it do this as it won't let me transfer LQ and OX into them :/

Below is a picture hopefully explaining what i mean...

P.S. I have interstellar fuel switch installed.

kerbal%20question_zps4wcwo67w.jpg

Edited by angelgiga

@angelgiga:

Tanks of a specific type can only hold that type of resource.  The rationale is that the storage and insulation requirements for liquid fuel and monopropellant are different from one another, so you should no more be able to just throw liquid fuel into a monopropellant container and expect it to work than you can throw diesel fuel into a gasoline-powered car.  Practically speaking, tanks are configured with specific resources and changing the resource requires changing the configuration.

Interstellar Fuel Switch does allow switching in flight if the tanks are empty, but you have to have the tech for it.  I'm honestly not certain what the requirements are.

You may wish to look at Configurable Containers, which also allows switching tank types in flight but also allows you to customise the final setup.

... And since this is your first post, welcome to the cozy little family.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.