[1.12.x] Filter Extensions, no Localization for now

linuxgurugamer

On 11/21/2017 at 2:39 PM, Murdabenne said:

Just an FYI: as it stands, if you install the version from CKAN, the program crashes.  Elided error logs from various log files below.   Not its not a bug report, just an FYI.  Uninstalling fixed the problem, reinstalling caused it to happen again.

I have > 100 mods installed and do not have the time to sort out what might be causing the conflict. I'm happy to wait until other things get resolved until we go on a wild bug chase that might simply be a mod conflict. 

Ummm, well, that's because the version from CKAN is not updated for 1.3.1

I've taken a step back for a little while, I was getting very frustrated with the localization

Any one of the beta's here should work on 1.3.1:

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/FilterExtension/releases

37 minutes ago, Murdabenne said:

Localization is nasty.  I recall working with that way back in the day when I still did software.  As I recall, it was cumbersome, counterintuitive, and increased the bulk and opacity of all the interface code and nearly anything that touched it.

Especially this mod, which references the fields of itself in a non-intuitive manner.

I may just get a release out without localization, and try again later.

I'd say do it without localization until someone has the time to refactor the field references into something maintainable. If those are weird, then localization will be more trouble than its worth.  You didn't sign up to rewrite it, just to maintain it. And maintain doesn't mean add new functionality except when direly needed to prevent fatal errors.

I miss the good old days in C, where we could just throw pointers around and be done with it.  <--  Yes I'm a dinosaur that learned K&R.

17 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

New beta:

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/FilterExtension/releases/tag/3.1.1.7

please test this, I've reverted a number of the localization stuff, hopefully it should work fine in English only 

Assuming it's good, I'll make this a full release

I'm downloading this change now. I'm not code savvy or anything though, is there anything specific I should be looking for? I want to help but have no idea how.

I have been using this for a few weeks (3.1.1.7) and while perhaps not ready for release, using it is far better than not if you have more than a few parts mods.  I predict it will become an even more popular mod, a necessity even.  I am currently dithering on what mods to use for a new career game.  Once I start playing again I will start taking notes on refining the setup for my play.  I would share those notes if you wish.

Two things immediately obvious.

KSP-AVC reports current 3.2 available 3.2.0.1.  Minor, I know.  But more interesting is that the Fuel sub categories disappeared in this version.  I will look at the logs and play more later tonight.  Until then, there is a log file and a screen cap here.

Ok, this is a full revert.

There is NO LOCALIZATION AT ALL in this, but it should work exactly as the previous 1.3.0 version

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/FilterExtension/releases/tag/3.2.0

Please test and let me know

Edit:  I am aware of the duplicated .version file, it's been fixed for the next release

Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Xenophon Muravyov said:

Anyone know a fix?

From the main KSC screen open settings, click the "Difficulty Options:" button then select "Editor Settings" on the left and make sure that "Hide Unpurchased Parts" is de-selected.

• 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.