KSP Weekly: Expedition 1

SQUAD

2 hours ago, PrvDancer85 said:

Hey a working ksp for consoles in 2 month, awesome. Will it be 1.2 with kerbnet and kerbsat? I really looking forward to hunt down some eastereggs. Nice job squad/Blitworks

I'm pretty they've said Commnet and Kerbnet will be included in the new console version, so it looks like it'll be 1.2.2. However, it would certainly make sense if it were updated beyond that. With the languages that have been added, and those that are planned, the game would have even more of an appeal for non-English speaking console gamers. If they want the game to be more accessible for everyone (and I'm sure they do), further development is probably in the works.

Best of all for consoles, IMO, is that they said there'll be at least partial Alt-F12 support. If you don't play PC, you don't know what you're missing with this feature. My life became much easier when I learned to use "set orbit" to test landers. It let's you spend more time playing and less time redesigning stages that weren't quite right. It was a great idea to include these abilities on consoles, and I'm glad they found a way to make it work. I think you will be too.

1 hour ago, Cpt Kerbalkrunch said:

Best of all for consoles, IMO, is that they said there'll be at least partial Alt-F12 support. If you don't play PC, you don't know what you're missing with this feature. My life became much easier when I learned to use "set orbit" to test landers. It let's you spend more time playing and less time redesigning stages that weren't quite right. It was a great idea to include these abilities on consoles, and I'm glad they found a way to make it work. I think you will be too.

Alt-F12? Is that the cheat menu? Yes that would be handy, also some kind of deltaV readouts in the VAB but that is not included in the coregame so idont see this happen

20 minutes ago, PrvDancer85 said:

Alt-F12? Is that the cheat menu? Yes that would be handy, also some kind of deltaV readouts in the VAB but that is not included in the coregame so idont see this happen

I prefer to think of it as the "test" menu (cheat being such a dirty word) but, yes, that's exactly what it is. A lot of us just refer to it as Alt/F12 but, for you guys, I guess it'll be Left Trigger/A, or something. :)

10 hours ago, Cpt Kerbalkrunch said:

I'm pretty they've said Commnet and Kerbnet will be included in the new console version, so it looks like it'll be 1.2.2.

For yours and @PrvDancer85's benefit, it is indeed 1.2.2, as per this post: 

1.2.2 because that was the most current release at the time the work started. I would expect work to start on the console release of 1.3.1, or maaaaaybe 1.4, when this console release is pushed out.

30 minutes ago, Krakatoa said:

I feel like I saw mention of this in a previous weekly, but I couldn't track it down. Is the texture switching officially going to be part of the base game when it's finalized, or is it an exclusive to MH?

Blerp. Just found a post back in the Venerating the Venera thread where it was clarified to be in both. Thanks!

On 3/11/2017 at 10:17 PM, Daishi said:

...is Making History being released within that January time frame for the consoles too? How is that going to work? New entire game purchase, or a patch through the console stores? 

The console versions will be released before the expansion. The updated console versions will have to be downloaded entirely (it is not a patch) and people who had previously purchased the original console versions, will be able to download the newer version for free - we can know this since the previous purchase is linked to an account.

On 4/11/2017 at 4:50 AM, PrvDancer85 said:

Hey a working ksp for consoles in 2 month, awesome. Will it be 1.2 with kerbnet and kerbsat? I really looking forward to hunt down some eastereggs. Nice job squad/Blitworks

These updated console versions will be on 1.2.2, so yes, it will include KerbNet, CommNet and all the features included in the game up until that update.

9 hours ago, UomoCapra said:

The console versions will be released before the expansion. The updated console versions will have to be downloaded entirely (it is not a patch) and people who had previously purchased the original console versions, will be able to download the newer version for free - we can know this since the previous purchase is linked to an account.

These updated console versions will be on 1.2.2, so yes, it will include KerbNet, CommNet and all the features included in the game up until that update.

2 quick questions:

1. Will we need to completely uninstall the old Ksp or will it just 'update' as I have my settings on auto update?

2. Will the new version take advantage of any of the new features of the Xbox one X, and if not, is there any future plans involving the xb1 X?

5 hours ago, Broke dead dogg said:

2 quick questions:

1. Will we need to completely uninstall the old Ksp or will it just 'update' as I have my settings on auto update?

2. Will the new version take advantage of any of the new features of the Xbox one X, and if not, is there any future plans involving the xb1 X?

I believe Blitworks started from scratch and they trashed FTE's code...?  If this is the case, a full reinstall will probably be necessary.

Well.... GREAT!

End of January 2018 is something to look forward to. Hey Ho finally its a Date!

I promise to stay in January 2018 until it gets released! No glimpse of February will ever crouch along until this Piece of Software gets released!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.