Reusable Rocket (Powered Landing!)

TheEnderman

https://imgur.com/a/reLy1 Hi there! After a ton of work (5 months) because I didn't wanna look up a tutorial, I was able to powered land a Reusable Rocket, known as Ender Full Thrust (Ill upload the craft file, however it uses a lot of mods, so it might not work for you, MRS and Kerbal Reusability Expansion should be it, but I might have some other mods in it to.) So here is the mission report  I lifted of from KSC, and because the thing sometimes tips in water, I headed to polar orbit. I deployed the satellite at around 40 KM, and flew it into orbit. I then had to switch back to the rocket, as it entered the atmosphere. I fired up 1 of the 5 engines, and slowed down. I only used 1 as it was honestly just more efficient. I ended up deploying the gear at around 5km, as the extra drag kept the thing from tipping over. I fired up all the engines, slowed down, and just about managed to land it. I probably hit ground at around 3-5 m/s, so I was lucky that the landing gear had some good suspension. I actually nearly tipped the thing, however the RCS fought back, and it ended up stable. And that's the mission report of the first ever successful flight of Ender Full Thrust.

Edited by TheEnderman
To add a link to the picture

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.