[1.3.1] [TRR] Diverse Kerbal Heads v1.1 (11/05/2017)

klgraham1013

Diverse Kerbal Heads

Diversify your Kerbals with unique faces and hairstyles!

Original work by @Sylith, @shaw, @IOI-655362, and @Cosmic_Farmer.

zGcNY7J.png

v1.1.1

• Reconverted male head png textures into dds for better results.
  • Moved pre-1.0 female kerbal heads into a zip file to prevent textures loading into ram.

Spoiler

v1.1

• Replaced pre-KSP1.0 female heads with Cosmic_Farmer's female heads.  Moved pre-KSP1.0 female heads to an Extras folder.
  • Added compatibility with Texture Replacer Replaced 0.5.1.  This breaks compatibility with Texture Replacer 2.4.13.

Dependencies

Downloads

License

Looking for Diverse Kerbal Heads 1.0 for Texture Replacer 2.4.13?  Find it here on Curse!  

Thank you to all the creators who came before.

Edited by klgraham1013

3 hours ago, Dark Lion said:

@klgraham1013 (or anybody that could point me in the right direction) do you have a bald kerbal head template you could send me by any chance? I'm prone to custom/unique and in need of practice texturing before I commit to making some ideas a reality

I would try using the TRR guide as a template.  I am merely maintaining this mod.  I didn't create the textures.

2 hours ago, klgraham1013 said:

I would try using the TRR guide as a template.  I am merely maintaining this mod.  I didn't create the textures.

:rolleyes:

Nor do I have any desire to download the 70mb guide...

I just need one lil image file, but I see that's me asking too much. Cheers.

I didn't come here to make things more complicated.

1 hour ago, Dark Lion said:

:rolleyes:

Nor do I have any desire to download the 70mb guide...

I just need one lil image file, but I see that's me asking too much. Cheers.

I didn't come here to make things more complicated.

Sorry.  I literally don't have what you're asking for.

CKAN shows that there is an update to this mod, but when you check the update box, the update button remains grayed out and will not update.
Is this an issue with CKAN itself (other mods that are updated will update just fine) or with the new update for this mod?

Album https://imgur.com/LetG6AR will appear when post is submitted

7 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

Playing / modding KSP =/= "not wanting to make things complicated"  :wink:

ASSumptions much? For all you know, I don't use any mods at all. Or maybe I totally quit playing KSP and just want to draw pretty kerbals.

@klgraham1013 don't worry, I'm hardheaded. I'll find it. @Aerospacer A Scott Manley head pack? That's a legit thing...? Darn it I thought that was a joke... LOL

12 hours ago, CG-23 Sailor said:

CKAN shows that there is an update to this mod, but when you check the update box, the update button remains grayed out and will not update.
Is this an issue with CKAN itself (other mods that are updated will update just fine) or with the new update for this mod?

Album https://imgur.com/LetG6AR will appear when post is submitted

Not sure, but the update was extremely minimal.  The biggest thing was placing the legacy textures in a zip so KSP doesn't load them.

11 hours ago, klgraham1013 said:

Not sure, but the update was extremely minimal.  The biggest thing was placing the legacy textures in a zip so KSP doesn't load them.

So this is what happens to me: I have Texture Replacer 2.6.0 installed. In CKAN, if I tick the Diverse Kerbal Heads update box, the Texture Repacer is labeled red (a conflict?) and I can't "Apply Changes".

54 minutes ago, Kerbital said:

So this is what happens to me: I have Texture Replacer 2.6.0 installed. In CKAN, if I tick the Diverse Kerbal Heads update box, the Texture Repacer is labeled red (a conflict?) and I can't "Apply Changes".

Diverse Kerbal Heads requires Texture Replacer Replaced 0.5.1.  I'm unfamiliar with CKAN.  I would see if TRR is on it as well.

33 minutes ago, klgraham1013 said:

Diverse Kerbal Heads requires Texture Replacer Replaced 0.5.1.  I'm unfamiliar with CKAN.  I would see if TRR is on it as well.

I mean, the regular TextureReplacer mod. I've never heard about TRR until today and DKH worked fine so far. So I'm somewhat confused.

Looks like TextureReplacer and TextureReplacer Replaced are not compatible. Some mods seem to be using the "old" TextureReplacer such as  SVE and skybox replacement mods.

I think I'd rather lose Kerbal heads than SVE and my nebula skybox.

Can someone clarify this? Thanks.

Edited by Kerbital

39 minutes ago, klgraham1013 said:

I had TRR (and yes it is on CKAN)

I uninstalled it and installed TR instead because 2 mods were not working with TRR.
Diverse Kerbal Heads was one, and Pool's Skybox's were another.

With the update to DKH just prior to this one, it became compatible with TRR, but still worked with TR, and since the Skybox still doesnt.. I've stuck with TR until it works too.

Maybe that's the problem... the new "minimal update" which places legacy textures in a Zip makes it incompatible with TR and requires TRR.
If that is the case then I am missing nothing by not updating to the most recent DKH and just awaiting the others TR reliant mods to update to TRR.

1 hour ago, Kerbital said:

snip

53 minutes ago, CG-23 Sailor said:

snip

This version of DKH was made with TRR entirely in mind.  TRR allows modders to package texture packs in there own folder, like any other mod.  This means no merging with a texture replacer folder.  Just drop the DKH folder into gamedata, as with ever other mod, and it will work.  That is what, I feel, makes TRR the future.  I waited for Mod makers to update to TRR, but it wasn't happening.  That's why I took it upon myself to update DKH.

You can still find the old version of DKH here on Curse.  Added the link to the main post.

Edited by klgraham1013

7 hours ago, Kerbital said:

I mean, the regular TextureReplacer mod. I've never heard about TRR until today and DKH worked fine so far. So I'm somewhat confused.

Looks like TextureReplacer and TextureReplacer Replaced are not compatible. Some mods seem to be using the "old" TextureReplacer such as  SVE and skybox replacement mods.

I think I'd rather lose Kerbal heads than SVE and my nebula skybox.

Can someone clarify this? Thanks.

It's not entirely in the scope of this thread, but you can use old skybox with TRR too. Just drop it to appropriate folders in TRR like in TextureReplacer.

SVE don't use TR or TRR. You need it only for a skybox which isn't part of the SVE.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.