[1.3.1] [TRR] Diverse Kerbal Heads v1.1 (11/05/2017)

klgraham1013

For clarity:

Textures placed in the \Default folder of TR or TRR and have the same name as textures in-game work the same: they simply replace the texture. (Minus the default suit)

Everything else is different.

Kopernicus, EVE, and Scatterer all use their own texture replacing means and do not require TR or TRR to function. Thus, mods that are strictly based on Kopernicus, EVE, and/or Scatterer do not require TR or TRR (nor are they affected by which you use unless the mod also includes things specific to TR or TRR).

Edited by Electrocutor

14 hours ago, maja said:

It's not entirely in the scope of this thread, but you can use old skybox with TRR too. Just drop it to appropriate folders in TRR like in TextureReplacer.

SVE don't use TR or TRR. You need it only for a skybox which isn't part of the SVE.

Thank you!

• 1 month later...

Hi. I need a link to version 1.0 as I am still on the original Texure Replacer. For some reason Texture Replacer Replace crashes my game. Im on Version 1.3.1

Hi. I need a link to version 1.0 as I am still on the original Texure Replacer. For some reason Texture Replacer Replace crashes my game. Im on Version 1.3.1

EDIT: Im stupid the link  was further down XD

:P

Edited by TheEnderman
:P

3 hours ago, Errol said:

I have noticed that these textures do not apply to kerbals heads in menus and other screens, just in flight. Is this a known bug?

The Kerbals you see in menus I believe are just static images, so this is probably why these don't change. The only time you see them as actual models I think is during flight or IVA/EVA.

I distinctly remember seeing head textures applied to werner von kerman, kerbal ground crew in VAB/SPH and the main menu as well. I don't remember if it also used to work in the astronaut complex or not. That was back in the old texture replacer though, so it may have been lost in the transition or something. 

Ah ok perhaps you have to set this up in the configs somehow? In game you can only change it for your currently hired kerbals and tourists, but I believe you can set stuff up using the config files outside of the game. Check the TRR folder and have a look in there to see if there are any examples?

1 hour ago, Errol said:

I distinctly remember seeing head textures applied to werner von kerman, kerbal ground crew in VAB/SPH and the main menu as well. I don't remember if it also used to work in the astronaut complex or not. That was back in the old texture replacer though, so it may have been lost in the transition or something. 

The heads folder where this mod's textures reside only affects in-flight Kerbals. To affect Werner and others you need to add the correctly named textures to the TextureReplacerReplaced/Default folder. I tested that this still works (although I couldn't find all the texture names) :

• Werner von Kerman: Default/wernerVonKerman_head
  • Gene Kerman:  ???
  • Motimer Kerman: Default/kerbal_old
  • Linus Kerman: Default/kerbalHead
  • Walt Kerman: Default/kerbalHeadBeard
  • Gus Kerman: ???

There are also either two or three separate textures for the ground crew in VAB/SPH one of which (the guys in the hard hats) seems to be Default/kerbalHead as well. The guys in the lab coats and the guys near the doors waving the guide batons don't use Default/kerbalHead but I'm not sure what texture they do use.

I am repackaging human coloured heads. They aren’t as nice as the heads included with this mod (what with the shading and the facial hair and all), but this did provide me with a great template. I’m away from mains power right now, but when I am back I will try adding those in too. Thank you!

@TriggerAu Any hints on the missing names?

Edited by Errol

4 hours ago, Errol said:

I am repackaging human coloured heads. They aren’t as nice as the heads included with this mod (what with the shading and the facial hair and all), but this did provide me with a great template. I’m away from mains power right now, but when I am back I will try adding those in too. Thank you!

@TriggerAu Any hints on the missing names?

Nice!  I was fond of that pack as well.  Glad to see it make a return.

20 hours ago, Aelfhe1m said:

The heads folder where this mod's textures reside only affects in-flight Kerbals. To affect Werner and others you need to add the correctly named textures to the TextureReplacerReplaced/Default folder. I tested that this still works (although I couldn't find all the texture names) :

• Werner von Kerman: Default/wernerVonKerman_head
  • Gene Kerman:  ???
  • Motimer Kerman: Default/kerbal_old
  • Linus Kerman: Default/kerbalHead
  • Walt Kerman: Default/kerbalHeadBeard
  • Gus Kerman: ???

There are also either two or three separate textures for the ground crew in VAB/SPH one of which (the guys in the hard hats) seems to be Default/kerbalHead as well. The guys in the lab coats and the guys near the doors waving the guide batons don't use Default/kerbalHead but I'm not sure what texture they do use.

I found another file in the human coloured heads folder called "kbGeneKerman_head" so I tried it out in the default folder, but it only applies to gene in the very first dialogue you see in a new save. He has albinism in the Mission control, as do many of the workers scurying about the VAB/SPH floor. 

Hello,

How does this mod assign heads to kerbals? Randomly? Do I customize by hand?

I am sorry I haven't tested/tried in game. I am at work and discovered this and it just sounds so amazing, so I had to ask this out of curiosity.

20 minutes ago, canisin said:

Hello,

How does this mod assign heads to kerbals? Randomly? Do I customize by hand?

I am sorry I haven't tested/tried in game. I am at work and discovered this and it just sounds so amazing, so I had to ask this out of curiosity.

It's random, and you can customize it if you want.

3 minutes ago, klgraham1013 said:

It's random, and you can customize it if you want.

Then it's great! I looked thru the download of this mod and found no config file so I had thought that it would just add these new heads and they would be selectable in TRR. But random is a lot better! :D

Does anyone know how the randomness works, asking just out of curiosity? I am taking it is actually a feature of TRR?

• 1 month later...

I'm looking for a way to use this to assign a specific set of features to individual kerbals. To that end a couple of questions.

Are the randomly assigned features persistent, e.g. if Jeb is assigned red hair on first being spawned, will he always have red hair after that?

Is there data in the save file that this addon uses for the identification of which of features are assigned to each kerbal?

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

HHHmmmm..... 

I have been using this fine prior to 1.12. Now if I try to use it via ckan install, it warns me that is has 'texturereplace REPLACED' as a dependency. Weird, the 'texturereplacer' (non-REPLACED, so... older?) seems to be updated to 1.12, a rare case of the 'replaced' version being less up-to-date than the older version. 

Will try some mod soup in a few days, but has anyone tried this?  DiverseKerbalHeads + TextureReplacer (not 'texture replacer replaced')? 

On 7/31/2021 at 5:50 PM, Daniel Prates said:

HHHmmmm..... 

I have been using this fine prior to 1.12. Now if I try to use it via ckan install, it warns me that is has 'texturereplace REPLACED' as a dependency. Weird, the 'texturereplacer' (non-REPLACED, so... older?) seems to be updated to 1.12, a rare case of the 'replaced' version being less up-to-date than the older version. 

Will try some mod soup in a few days, but has anyone tried this?  DiverseKerbalHeads + TextureReplacer (not 'texture replacer replaced')? 

I just installed TextureReplacer with ckan. And then downloaded this mod and installed it manually - seems to work.

Edit: I  was so totally wrong... Sorry...

Would be cool, if the ckan meta data would be updated, so that install via ckan is possible again.

Edited by Bohni
Duplicate Quote

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.