[1.3.1] [TRR] Diverse Kerbal Heads v1.1 (11/05/2017)

klgraham1013

On 7/31/2021 at 10:50 AM, Daniel Prates said:

HHHmmmm..... 

I have been using this fine prior to 1.12. Now if I try to use it via ckan install, it warns me that is has 'texturereplace REPLACED' as a dependency. Weird, the 'texturereplacer' (non-REPLACED, so... older?) seems to be updated to 1.12, a rare case of the 'replaced' version being less up-to-date than the older version. 

Will try some mod soup in a few days, but has anyone tried this?  DiverseKerbalHeads + TextureReplacer (not 'texture replacer replaced')? 

@HebaruSan / @DasSkelett(I don't know how to add and 'or' clause to dependency.)

9 minutes ago, zer0Kerbal said:

@HebaruSan / @DasSkelett(I don't know how to add and 'or' clause to dependency.)

Hm, IIRC TextureReplacer and TextureReplacerReplaced aren't interoperable, something with a different folder structure required for the dependent mods?

I'll have to take a look, adding an "any_of" is simple, but this might not actually correct for this mod.

Edit: oh, should've read a few comments above, they're mentioning this as well. Will need to do some reading trying to figure out how it affects this mod.

Edited by DasSkelett

26 minutes ago, DasSkelett said:

a few comments above

Thank you.

I was trying to add this mod to the installation I plan on using to livestream - and came across the same issue. Went to the [this] thread and found the same, but noticed nobody was tagged. :D Now you are one the case. +1 :rep:

On 11/5/2017 at 9:12 AM, klgraham1013 said:

v1.1

• Replaced pre-KSP1.0 female heads with Cosmic_Farmer's female heads.  Moved pre-KSP1.0 female heads to an Extras folder.
  • Added compatibility with Texture Replacer Replaced 0.5.1.  This breaks compatibility with Texture Replacer 2.4.13.

@DasSkelett+ @klgraham1013 this according to OP. SO maybe this should be a ...Continued or ...Replaced that [replaces] the original - and the original compatibility changed to any?

Edited by zer0Kerbal

18 minutes ago, zer0Kerbal said:

and came across the same issue. Went to the [this] thread and found the same

So, did you figure something out, or maybe even successfully test this mod with TextureReplacer?

@Beetlecat mentioned it might need some folder rearranging, and as far as I can tell, this is true – for TextureReplacer the files would need to be inside a "GameData/**/TextureReplacer" folder, however this mod doesn't come with a "TextureReplacer/" subdirectory. The config also has an explicit "TextureReplacerReplaced {}" node telling TRR the location of the "Heads" directory.

So to me it looks like this mod explicitly needs TRR to work, but if someone has some more knowledge on this topic, please tell.

Edited by DasSkelett

17 minutes ago, DasSkelett said:

So, did you figure something out, or maybe even successfully test this mod with TextureReplacer?

@Beetlecat mentioned it might need some folder rearranging, and as far as I can tell, this is true – for TextureReplacer the files would need to be inside a "GameData/**/TextureReplacer" folder, however this mod doesn't come with a "TextureReplacer/" subdirectory. The config also has an explicit "TextureReplacerReplaced {}" node telling TRR the location of the "Heads" directory.

So to me it looks like this mod explicitly needs TRR to work, but if someone has some more knowledge on this topic, please tell.

I did some digging - and your suppositions seem valid. Just looking at the textures themselves show a difference that is more than skin deep (pun intended). Besides the fact that TRR uses .dds (and therefore the flip/mirror) as compared to the .png in v1.0; there is the red bar placement and design difference: ∴ not compatible.

However there seems to be little difference except fewer head of heads (female) in the newer version. I was looking to see if could just import the old into the new... don't think so. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.