Ominoul System [Concept Art] [Please Don't Hate]

cratercracker

Alright! Listen up fellas!

Disclaimer:

------------------

This is concept art for a proposed additional planet and its moon system. It is made for any kopernikus modder, willing to make this a mod. Discriptions of some moons have some spelling mistakes, sorry for that.

-----------------

Planet itself:

33ekm8j.jpg

(sizes and orbital parameters are up to the modder's imagination)

Note:

1. Veen's surface i supposed to be very very dark.

2. Ominoul's rings are switchable.

3. Cravenic's blue stripes are river valleys (frozen ones though)

Ring System of Ominoul

(The coloring can be diferent, but the colors should still be dark)

33p3c0n.jpg

Additional Info:

Inside therandom shepherds willspawn.

<br/><a href="http://oi64.tinypic.com/mkkxhi.jpg" target="_blank">View Raw Image</a>

Easter Eggs

(extra)

nfp9wl.jpgS

Surface views:

Rachter

2jfnkuo.jpg

Cravenic

156tufa.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yep.

If you'd like to suggest something, tell me.

If you'd like to make this an actuall mod, tell me.

If you hate me for this, tell me.

And i am still doing concept art for this, so things can change and stuff.

If you need moar concept art to get the idea right, just ask me for this.

I am willing to draw whatever you want me to, if you are taking on this project.

You can just base your idea on this concept.

By some time i maybe will learn to draw textures, but right now, i am just an untalented idiot with just 3 tools

-ondras

-MsPaint

-DeepDream

------------

List of "things to draw"

-View from the surface of Veen.

-Geological theatures of all moons.

-Scatterer things (rocks, big rocks, white rocks, sharp rocks, white sharp rocks that are big and etc.)

Edited by cratercracker

Have you considered that if you can paint concept art, you can also paint textures? :wink: 

The general response to "make my mod" requests is "why should I do all the work for you?". And making planets is a lot of work. If you pay a dime a dozen for ideas, you're being overcharged; it's the implementation that has value.

There's no shame in admitting that you're unable to do something (like wrapping your head around PQS). But if you want any chance at all of someone volunteering their free, unpaid time to assist you first in making this and then in supporting it, you need to show that you are willing to do whatever work you are able to do.

By being able to produce concept art that does not look like a cat barfed onto an MS Paint canvas, you are already demonstrating that you have more creative skills than the majority of people with ideas, including myself :wink: Now you just need to employ those skills to create what you actually need. 

If you don't know what you need - google for planet making guides and/or ask in the Kopernicus thread.

2 hours ago, Streetwind said:

Have you considered that if you can paint concept art, you can also paint textures? :wink: 

The general response to "make my mod" requests is "why should I do all the work for you?". And making planets is a lot of work. If you pay a dime a dozen for ideas, you're being overcharged; it's the implementation that has value.

There's no shame in admitting that you're unable to do something (like wrapping your head around PQS). But if you want any chance at all of someone volunteering their free, unpaid time to assist you first in making this and then in supporting it, you need to show that you are willing to do whatever work you are able to do.

By being able to produce concept art that does not look like a cat barfed onto an MS Paint canvas, you are already demonstrating that you have more creative skills than the majority of people with ideas, including myself :wink: Now you just need to employ those skills to create what you actually need. 

If you don't know what you need - google for planet making guides and/or ask in the Kopernicus thread.

I am aware that making planets is a very hard work (i know it because i tried it), but you are partially right, asking random people to do certain things ,without paying them, is not a really nice thing to do.

Except for one thing: this is an idea, a concept. It is by no means a certain plan, parameter or logical path. This thread is something like inspiration, or just something you can base your own idea on.

But anyway, thanks for a good response. :)

Edited by cratercracker

Some suggestion:

-if I would like to suggest, give rachter gravity and SOI, so it wouldn't look a bit... jarring and make it more believable as a moon (see hale in OPM, a very small asteroid moon of sarnus with SOI of only 8/10 km-ish with really small gravity (40% of gilly). Not having gravity makes people wonder how it remains in stable orbit and why they cannot simply grab that thing with klaw and carry it out of orbit like normal asteroid. The size could be bigger (3km is around the size of E-class asteroid in KSP) so seeing people able to snatch A-class asteroid and carry it home, yet unable to snatch E-sized object out of it's orbit seems like an inconsistency for some people

-cravenic's surface (based from your picture) could be like a combination of eelo and dres, snowy and full of canyons. Like your description of "planet with scar", it would be fantastic to create hundreds of kilometers "claw marks" on the surface, each of them is a deep canyon like the one on dres, but has glacier-like erosion structure. Rumor says that this marks was the work of large kraken when it accidentally tried to mess with planets and it's tentacles bumped into cravenic

That's my opinion. Hope it helps. Overall, good idea for a planet pack and nice concept art :)

Edited by ARS

8 hours ago, ARS said:

Some suggestion:

-if I would like to suggest, give rachter gravity and SOI, so it wouldn't look a bit... jarring and make it more believable as a moon (see hale in OPM, a very small asteroid moon of sarnus with SOI of only 8/10 km-ish with really small gravity (40% of gilly). Not having gravity makes people wonder how it remains in stable orbit and why they cannot simply grab that thing with klaw and carry it out of orbit like normal asteroid. The size could be bigger (3km is around the size of E-class asteroid in KSP) so seeing people able to snatch A-class asteroid and carry it home, yet unable to snatch E-sized object out of it's orbit seems like an inconsistency for some people

-cravenic's surface (based from your picture) could be like a combination of eelo and dres, snowy and full of canyons. Like your description of "planet with scar", it would be fantastic to create hundreds of kilometers "claw marks" on the surface, each of them is a deep canyon like the one on dres, but has glacier-like erosion structure. Rumor says that this marks was the work of large kraken when it accidentally tried to mess with planets and it's tentacles bumped into cravenic

That's my opinion. Hope it helps. Overall, good idea for a planet pack and nice concept art :)

Right, Rachter does indeed has gravity. The most interesting feature of Rachter, will be its surface. Which I am planning to draw soon.

And actually, your idea of Cravenic is the same as mine.

Thank you for a response.

Edited by cratercracker

There used to be a guide somewhere for exporting SpaceEngine planets for Kopernicus IIRC. Possibly you could use some modified textures from SpaceEngine/other planet packs if youre not sure where to start?

EDIT: decided I want to help with this project, PMed you

Edited by mivanit

Hi all, I'm currently working on heightmaps for Cravenic. However, I don't really have the faintest clue what im doing when it comes to PQS stuff and all the guides I've been able to find leave a lot of questions unanswered. Would someone be willing to help us out?

Teaser images of a (very) WIP Cravenic:

https://imgur.com/a/1jHj7
Edited by mivanit

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.