Sigma Replacements

Sigma88

1 hour ago, Nightside said:

@Sigma88 Well I am interested, but I won't be around this weekend to try it. Even after downloading I am still curious as to what it does... Similar to Texture Replacer?

Yes, but with no gui.

Less friendly to a casual player and ideally it should give modders more choices.

It is also completely hash based (instead of random) so the final results are consistent between games / installs

(There is also an option to make the changes seed based to have some level of variation between games)

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/11/2017 at 4:10 PM, RealGecko said:

Looks cool :rep:

I was trying "lights out" with my skybox replacer but it seems it doesn't pick up the correct texture for the night sky

I tried to look at the code of LO to see how you look for the "night" cubemap and the only thing I found was this:

https://github.com/Real-Gecko/LightsOut/blob/master/LightsOut/LOAmbient.cs#L46-L72

I have an idea of how to fix that, is it fine for you if I send you a PR on github?

On ‎22‎.‎11‎.‎2017 at 9:18 PM, Sigma88 said:

I tried to look at the code of LO to see how you look for the "night" cubemap and the only thing I found was this:

The code was written by @nodrog6 a long time ago, I only make sure it's compatible with latest KSP.

On ‎22‎.‎11‎.‎2017 at 9:18 PM, Sigma88 said:

I have an idea of how to fix that, is it fine for you if I send you a PR on github?

Merged your PR.

• 2 weeks later...

@Jalaris I would prefere if you didn't post about Sigma Replacements in the TR thread

first of all it is off topic there, but more importantly there are a lot of mod devs that go around "advertising" (like they have something to gain from it) their mods on other mods threads, even if they have nothing to do with the discussion

feel free to post about that stuff here, or open a new thread in the mod development forum :)

cheers

Edited by Sigma88

7 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

@Jalaris I would prefere if you didn't post about Sigma Replacements in the TR thread

first of all it is off topic there, but more importantly there are a lot of mod devs that go around "advertising" (like they have something to gain from it) their mods on other mods threads, even if they have nothing to do with the discussion

feel free to post about that stuff here, or open a new thread in the mod development forum :)

cheers

My bad! I am still new to the forums/KSP modding and learning the etiquette.

Edited by Jalaris

26 minutes ago, Psycho_zs said:

Hmm... The thing I always wanted to do is to just tilt the stock skybox, so it won't be aligned with the ecliptic. Is that possible?

right now you can activate the random rotation of the skybox by using rotate = true

the rotation will be picked using the game seed, but if there is interest for fixed rotations I might consider adding an option to define the rotation

So... it's a texture replacer only? Can you make it replace MODELS instead? (Especially head models).

You know, kerbals are too green, too furless and have no handsome whiskers... Something like this will be excellent:

art-zhivopis-kartina-painting-3688.jpg

48 minutes ago, Dr. Jet said:

So... it's a texture replacer only? Can you make it replace MODELS instead? (Especially head models).

You know, kerbals are too green, too furless and have no handsome whiskers... Something like this will be excellent:

art-zhivopis-kartina-painting-3688.jpg

I guess I could make a model replacer but I have no skills in making the actual models so if you know anyone who can make models feel free to tell them to get in contact with me so we can work out something

52 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

I guess I could make a model replacer but I have no skills in making the actual models so if you know anyone who can make models feel free to tell them to get in contact with me so we can work out something

This would open new frontiers of silliness.

is rescaling models possible to?

22 minutes ago, Nightside said:

This would open new frontiers of silliness.

is rescaling models possible to?

Yes just rescaling is pretty simple

(I've already considered adding it to SD)

The problem is balancing all the parameters properly, like jump height, ragdoll height and stuff like that

Well I’d love to try it @Sigma88, my Transmogrifier patches resize all the parts in the game to a user defined size, but not the kerbals. It would be great to resize them too. I’ve seen there are a lot of parameters for kerbal eva behavior, but I’d be happy to do some testing if you feel like adding this feature. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.