Grand Tours Sequence

hi,

I'm dealing with these contracts:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ghmpmdjpdl7dl4t/gt.jpg?dl=0

and I'm interested to have your opinion in which is the best sequence to complete them all.

This is the rocketship
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/eumccqyxgdoa8l6/AABEOOVHp_pmJdoKFivBXTb3a?dl=0
I already have a lander orbiting Laythe, cause the ship can't obviously take off from it,
but I'm also trying to add some jet engines in order to complete all with 1 launch only.

and anyway the sequence to follow imho is:

- Minmus Flyby
- Duna Land
- Ike Land
- Eve Flyby
- Moho Flyby
- Tylo Land
- Laythe Land
- Vall Flyby
- Bop Flyby
- Gilly Land
- Eve Land

Would you make any changes to the sequence or on the ship?

Edited by antipro

You need to fly by Gilly before you fly on Laythe; I suggest that you move the Gilly encounter farther up the list.

Also, it won't count if you use an existing lander.  You'll need to use a lander that you launch at the same time as the mothership (after accepting the contract).  I'm not certain whether it requires that the same pod do all of these encounters, or you can get away with having all of the encounters represented on the same overall vessel.  I have seen some complicated assemblages for contracts that required both an Eve return and a Tylo landing that involved a lander can with RCS and a docking port that was a detachable pod so that once the Eve lander returned, it was undocked in orbit and the lander can went on to use the Tylo lander.  The end result was that the command pod made all of the encounters, but it was the only part of the rocket that did so.

Edited by Zhetaan

Personally, I'd start with Moho since it's easy to flyby if you leave Kerbin around day 80 or day 300 in any given year and catch it on your second time around the sun.

So I'd start by going past Minmus on the way down to Moho's orbit. Correct at Pe to get a Moho flyby the second time round. From there adjust to flyby Eve and Gilly, to send you back up to Duna. Probably the trickiest part of the whole journey.

Land on Duna then Ike, then eject to Jool. Use a Tylo flyby to cature and get sent down to Vall and use that to capture slower at Laythe, flying (and getting contract 2) then landing there.

Then back up to Tylo to land. Then eject the Jool system via Bop (getting contract 3), on the way to Eve again. Land on Gilly then end on Eve (getting contract 1).

So that makes:
- Minmus (flyby)
- Moho (flyby)
- Eve (flyby)
- Gilly (flyby)
- Duna (land)
- Ike (land)
- Jool (flyby)
- Tylo (flyby)
- Vall (flyby)
- Laythe (fly, land) (contract 2)
- Tylo (land)
- Bop (flyby) (contract 3)
(- Kerbin flyby to reduce Eve arrival burn?)
- Eve (flyby)
- Gilly (land)
- Eve (land) (contract 1).

Total from LKO I estimate at about 7km/s plus a 5km/s lander (with half of that as drop tanks, only used for Laythe and Tylo), plus whatever you need to capture at Eve that last time (which could be huge if you can't aerobrake or step down to it gently via a Kerbin gravity assist).

So actually, that makes me wonder whether it wouldn't be best to start with the Eve flyby and Gilly landing, then do Moho-Eve-Duna, so that you don't need any fuel at all after leaving the Jool system and coming back at Eve for that final, non-recoverable landing.

And that is one huge ship. :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.