Hi-res flags needed for fabric patches

CaptainGeoluread

Morning all,

Nice and simple. I've got a motorcycle jacket covered in patches and it is in serious need of some KSP love.

I've got a fantastic lady who turns any graphic I give her into a fabric patch to sew on. I want to turn the Jeb's Junkyard logo and the retro KSP badge into patches, the issue being that the only images I can find for these are very small.

Does anyone have any higher resolution images I could use? Doesn't need to be huge, but something that would still look decent when printed out 3" or so.

That's the image I have right now, which is the standard 256x160 needed for an in-game flag.

Unfortunately, it's a mite too small for making a patch, which tend to clock in at about 3 inches on each side.

Have a look!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WHhnNqXdGPN5ahIluKl30wnJn19novxQ0g/view?usp=sharing

Edited by CorporalRutland

Thanks everyone. I can always cook something up in GIMP or Photoshop. My Google-fu had me worried there wasn't anything larger out there and it seems so.

31 minutes ago, DrLicor said:

Ah, I don't think there's a higher res picture around atm. 

You could try to remake it in some editor. 

And that's one cool jacket you got there. :)

Thanks dude! I've not got shots of the front, but I've got a Mojave Express and Octan fuel badge up there too and, on the shoulders, a Tri-Planet Police and Demeter City Police Department on each shoulder.

Top marks to anyone who can name where all the patches are from without cheating :) (or if anyone can subsequently find the hi-res images I'm after!)

6 minutes ago, Galileo said:

How big do you need them? I can make them for you, just let me know the size.

Please don't take all day on it! I can always bung them into a program and up the DPI and see what that does.

Otherwise, 1024 x 640 (so quad sized) would work out to about the size I need at 300DPI, which I believe is what my fabric lady works at. I'm quietly hoping that what's out there is only at 72DPI. As long as it would look decent printed out between 3 and 4 inches across.

4 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Shouldn’t take too long. Very simple shapes. Nothing I can’t get done quickly in Illustrator. I’ll give you the svg as well, so you can resize it to any resolution 

You are an absolute gent. I'd do it myself if I wasn't at work. This way I can send off today.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.