[1.9.x] Action Groups ReExtended: 250 Action Groups, in-flight editing.

linuxgurugamer

3 hours ago, Codapop said:

I build a craft, add the engine to AG 1, put it on the pad, and try pressing 1 on my keyboard, but nothing happens. The action group works when AGExt is not installed. KSP version 1.12.2, AGExt, latest (2.4.1.1).

It's not a bug, 0-9 keyboard keys are now assigned to AGE action groups. Stock AGs assigned to joystick/ECS buttons work as usually.

On 4/3/2022 at 7:23 AM, Manul said:

It's not a bug, 0-9 keyboard keys are now assigned to AGE action groups. Stock AGs assigned to joystick/ECS buttons work as usually.

It turns out the bug is due to incompatibility with KSP 1.12.2, but 1.12.3 is fine.

However, I've encountered another bug where action groups take two presses to turn off the first time they are assigned. Either pressing the keyboard or clicking the box result in the same issue. After that they function properly.

Logs: https://drive.google.com/file/d/146nzd8bRZGG7ocI8fytqEOsocRBXGjFO/view?usp=sharing

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/13/2022 at 4:33 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 2.4.1.3

• Updated initialization of the EditShow variable from true to false
  • Added check for exit window being displayed, if so, doesn't show the agext window

Yeah, it says it depends on Space TuxLibrary, which is not compatible with the latest game version... :/

• 9 months later...

I have a (1) in front of the alpha2 option and if I set my hotkey to alpha2 I see (1)alpha2 in the hotkey box and when I press alpha2 nothing happens.  How do I clear the (1)?

OMFG!   I deleted the default custom2 that had my comms set up. I cleared the hotkey in agx.  Then I created a new comm set in agx and tried to assign it to alpha2.  But now I see (2)alpha2.  About to lose my mind!!!  What is creating the (x)'s and how the heck do I clear them?

Edited by ctbram

• 3 months later...

I'm just trying to learn how to use this mod, and I'm not sure if I'm encountering a bug or I just don't know how to use it properly.

I'm trying to figure out how to use the saving keysets to sub-assemblies/sub-vehicle features. I'm building an apollo style rocket, so there are three vessels that I would like to have keysets for, but want to be able to save them all to one craft to launch. I've read in the thread that it is somehow possible to have your craft automatically remember which keyset it was saved as a sub-assembly with, so that AGRx will automagically switch which keyset is being used in flight. Sounds great. But when ever I set up actiongroups on part of my craft like my lander module, then grab that whole subassembly and drop it in the sub assembly saving area, now AGRx forgets the actions I had set up for it, and furthermore will not remember the actions if I try to re-assign them and save it. Every time I load the flight seen, or re-load the craft in the VAB now, the actions I re-set for my lander are not there anymore. When I go to the flight seen and separate the lander they are not there either.

Am I missing something? Am I supposed to build the sub-assemblies and assign the action groups for a keyset to them in some special way?

After searching both the original thread and this thread for terms like "sub-assembly, sub vessel, keyset" for hours I'm still no closer to understanding the difference between "action-group groups" and keysets, or how to actually save anything unique to a sub-vessel or sub-assembly. I even found a google doc started by diazo years ago that didn't actually contain anything helpful either. Is there really no documentation on how to properly use these features anywhere?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.