[1.9.x] Action Groups ReExtended: 250 Action Groups, in-flight editing.

linuxgurugamer

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2019 at 1:59 PM, garwel said:

For me, the Editor bug is still there. When I open the action group panel, all buttons (parts constructor, crew, switch VAB/SPH) become disabled. The log: https://ufile.io/b456h3lq

You seem to be running over 125 mods?  Is RO one of them?

I'm also seeing a lot of exceptions from many different mods

You need to do some troubleshooting on your own.  There are just too many mods and too many exceptions for me to have any idea what's going on.

Copy the install, and delete 1/2 the mods, see if it still happens.  If it does, then repeat.  If it doesn't put in the mods you removed and remove the other half.  Try to get the smallest install which causes the issue, that will make it easier for me to figure it out. 

59 minutes ago, Apollo13 said:

I have same problem as Garwal.  For me, the Editor bug is still there. When I open the action group panel, all buttons (parts constructor, crew, switch VAB/SPH) become disabled.

Ok,  So why, after reading my post right above yours, did you not bother to provide me with anything I asked for?  I can't fix "nothing"

Like garwel, I run alot of mods and some of the older contract packs generate lots of errors (but still work?). I'm trying to diagnose myself but don't really know what I'm doing.

Here's my KSP.log anyway, maybe it can help you make it go.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7owzrkm1y917121/KSP.log?dl=0

I can tell you that at line 54263 is where I tried opening action groups but I didn't notice anything being logged after I did.

After that I just exited VAB to Space Center then used Quick Exit to leave.

I'll continue to try to diagnose myself and if I find anything I'll post it here.

Also, nothing gets logged to the Alt-F12 Console when switching to Action Groups either.

Edited by Coyote21
fixed typos added Console info

@linuxgurugamer Tried it with just AGEX + dependencies installed on a fresh copy of KSP 1.7.0. So far, I can replicate the issue just partially.

For comparison: In 1.4.x - 1.6.x, the stock "Action" button at the top brought up the AGEX windows and the AGEX toolbar button did the same, except the AGEX windows are already open, then it switched between the AGEX windows and the stock action group list (probably not intended but not a big deal though).

In 1.7.0, the stock button always opens the stock action group list. The AGEX button also opens the stock action group list but when you click it again, the AGEX windows appear. Tried to find a reliable way to replicate the reported issue but it kinda looks like to happens randomly while switching windows via stock buttons and the AGEX button in a mixed pattern. The locked buttons can be fixed by clicking on the AGEX button though. I've recorded a short video for demonstration since this can be confusing^^

Log created while recording the video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kg2pisik0o2eoys/output_log(agex).txt?dl=0

Would be nice if you can find a way to restore the button functionallity from previous versions :)
I'll probably take a look at it as well but usually you're a lot faster then me^^

Update

After watching 4x4cheesecake's video I tried using the AGX button on a Blizzy toolbar instead of the Stock Action Groups button.

Clicking the AGX button once brought up the Stock Action Group menu but no AGExt UI

Clicking it again disables the stock AG UI and shows AGExt UI and activates the Stock Build and Crew buttons.

After this clicking the AGX button repeatedly, alternates between the AGExt UI and Stock AG, but the Build and Crew buttons remain active so at least we don't need to keep leaving the VAB to get out of Actions Groups anymore.

4x4Cheesecake:  THANK YOU for that video.

UPDATE:  In the VAB, I used both AGExt and Stock Action Groups to set Alpha1 to Crew Report for an MK1 Pod.  However, upon the Launch Pad, the 1 key does nothing.  I had to click in the AGExt icon to get access to the AGExt Actions Menu.  Then Click the item I wanted.  I used Crew Report as an example.

Edited by Apollo13

1 hour ago, mcjohnald said:

I can't seem to load the mod properly. I don't see the AGX logo in the bottom right toolbar on my screen(or anywhere) while in VAB/SPH or around Kerbin. My dependencies and AGX folders in GameData look as follows:https://imgur.com/a/0fpN79y

KSP version 1.7

Can we get a screenie of your .../steam/steamapps/common/KerbalSpaceProgram/GameData directory? (The root GameData directory). A lot of mod issues can be traced that way.

Also, any particular reason why you've got KSP in your ProgramFiles(x86)? That directory is generally reserved for 32-bit programs.

1 hour ago, mcjohnald said:

I can't seem to load the mod properly. I don't see the AGX logo in the bottom right toolbar on my screen(or anywhere) while in VAB/SPH or around Kerbin. My dependencies and AGX folders in GameData look as follows:https://imgur.com/a/0fpN79y

KSP version 1.7

Welcome to the forum :)

ClickThroughBlocker is not installed properly. The mod folder contains just three text files but not the actual mod. Reinstall it and try again :)

Hi, @linuxgurugamer i can replicate the bug with the disabled buttons.

Im running:

KSP 1.7.0+Making History

Action Groups ReExtended 2.3.4

Click Through Blocker 0.1.7.1

Toolbar Controller 0.1.6.29

ModuleManager 4.0.2

kOS 1.1.8.0

Log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4z98yw1c5wlypk0/output_log.txt?dl=0

I started a new sandbox game, entered VAB, placed a kOS processor (doesn't seem to matter what parts i use) and switched to action groups with the stock button, showing me the AGX menu and disables most other buttons.

Then looked for the Script Trigger in the action group menu that should be there for kOS and did not find it. Then clicked the AGX button, which switched everything to the stock action group menu.

After that i left KSP.

I actually migth have to seperate bugs, the disabled buttons and the missing Script Trigger (which is more problematic for me, because i want to use this for my kOS scripts).

I might be able to set up a debugging enviroment, if i find an explanation on how i do so, and give you more info about what is happening exactly, if you can point me in the right direction (i have some experience in c# programming, but not in KSP context).

On 4/24/2019 at 9:17 AM, 4x4cheesecake said:

Tried it with just AGEX + dependencies installed on a fresh copy of KSP 1.7.0.

Hi @linuxgurugamer, I was experiencing similar issues to 4x4cheescake and apparently others, so I thought I'd try and provide some specific steps to capture what's happening for me.

This is on a clean install of KSP 1.7 with only Action Groups Extended (v2.3.4) and other required mods installed. The mods were recently downloaded from CKAN (although, for testing I copied them to a separate install and removed any non-required mods).

Here's the gist of the problem:

hnt3yKZ.jpg

(should read "Other editor modes..." not "mods" since of course this only includes AGExt, ToolbarControl, ClickThroughBlocker, and ModuleManager)

WfNRvCE.jpg

As you can see, the buttons at the top in the VAB to switch between editor modes are greyed out and can't be accessed. You can still Save, Load Craft, Launch, and Exit. Going to Space Center and loading back into the VAB seems to reset this, but clicking on the Action Groups button will again cause the editor mode buttons to grey out again.

I've included the log where I only ran through and screencapped the button issue(s) in the VAB with a test craft and then loading a couple stock craft.

Log File: KSP Log 05-05-2019 T-2116CST

Here is the step-by-step with screenshots and commentary to reproduce the issue: 

https://imgur.com/a/lt4uoSI

Finally, here's what my GameData folder looks like:

ASOxbpw.jpg

Since this is one of my favorite, must-have mods I wanted to do anything I can to help you troubleshoot what might be going on with this issue.

Thanks for all your help and awesome work for the community!

Edited by scottadges

@linuxgurugamer i found why the script trigger didn`t show up: The file with the module had no file ending (it was simply called "AGExt/kOSVoidAction" instead of "AGExt/kOSVoidAction.cs") and therefore not compiled into the dll. If i rename the file, add it in VS Studio and compile it myself, the script trigger works as intended.

Should i make a pull request for that? (And if yes, fork your repo, or push a new branch directly to your repo?)

For the problem with the disabled buttons, this still happens, but i have no idea where to start lokking at this. I f you have an idea, let me know and i have a look at it (but i promise nothing, this is my first time modifying KSP dlls).

workaround for the editor bug - it manifests for me in that when I click the button on the top to assign action groups, I lose the ability to go back to build mode, or crew, etc.  so what works is:

1. push the AGX toolbar button when the problem occurs.
2. this restores the ability to go back to build, and also opens up the stock action groups window, but ignore that
3. when you later go back to action groups, only the stock one will show up; push the AGX button again to get AGX back.

It's a little cumbersome but it does work, until the underlying issue is fixed.

• 3 weeks later...

I am running "VERSION": {     "MAJOR": 2,     "MINOR": 3,     "PATCH": 4,     "BUILD": 1) . Could somene conifirm the mod is not working under 1.7.1 for them to?
No options in VAB or in flight if you click\right click on the icon.