[1.9.x] Action Groups ReExtended: 250 Action Groups, in-flight editing.

linuxgurugamer

On 2/18/2018 at 9:53 PM, b0ss said:

Ah yeah I remember that bit from Kottabos' video. Can we expect to ever have functionality like I described though?

MechJeb (if you use it) has a small utility that extends/retracts all solar panels, and same for antennas, I think. Could be a solution as well.

On 2/27/2018 at 8:43 PM, YaitsBilly said:

Does this keep the same action groups over the same rockets I launch? And are there global groups I can make?

If you've created groups for a rocket in the VAB, they'll be available every time you launch that rocket.  There are no global groups.

2 hours ago, JeffreyCor said:

With ClickThroughBlocker now a requirement a link to that should probably be added to the OP.

I agree; I was going to report an issue with the mod but since I don't ClickThroughBlocker have installed, I imagine that's the root cause of the issues I'm seeing...

Symptom - no control over action groups in the VAB/SPH, a little black box in the upper left corner while in flight if you right click on the AGX button. Solution: Install ClickThroughBlocker.

1 hour ago, Jimbodiah said:

I can't get out of the menus, only way was to restart the game. GUI is anything but intuitive.

Like many powerful tools, it takes time to learn.

I assume you have the dependencies installed, otherwise you wouldn’t be seeing the menus.

Read the OP, read this doc from Google Docs: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wR9IozZbwceVek2KA2Qro2SBOZPJwzWUrBPATyoffT0/edit?usp=sharing

and ask questions.

• 2 weeks later...

Please , please, pretty please, with a cherry on top with lots of cream around the edge, can we update for 1.4.1. I know you probably got lots of mods you looking at, but for me this is a must have mod and after using it for so long i am hating playing the default action groups. Its like driving a reliant robin after being in a Ferrari.......

Thanks... thanks.... many thanks. Grovel grovel.......☺

1 hour ago, Bionic bulldog said:

Please , please, pretty please, with a cherry on top with lots of cream around the edge, can we update for 1.4.1. I know you probably got lots of mods you looking at, but for me this is a must have mod and after using it for so long i am hating playing the default action groups. Its like driving a reliant robin after being in a Ferrari.......

Chances are that everyone has a mod they can't play without that is maintained by LinuxGuruGamer. I think your best bet is to just let the man do his thing.

TL:DR: Patience is a virtue.

15 minutes ago, Jognt said:

Chances are that everyone has a mod they can't play without that is maintained by LinuxGuruGamer. I think your best bet is to just let the man do his thing.

TL:DR: Patience is a virtue.

So true so true... Or maybe 10-20........

2 hours ago, Bionic bulldog said:

See this:

Which mods need to be updated for AGE to work specifically?  I'm using the latest AGE.  I'm using other mods, of course, that are not associated with AGE.

Oh.  I need Blizzy toolbar?  I thought it was in stock toolbar. Just downloaded/installed.  THANK you for continuing the development.  I missed it.

And, AGE does not appear in the VAB.  It used to appear automatically.

EDIT:  Having installed Blizzy's Toolbar, I don't see AGE as an option in the Toolbar Button Visibility UI window.

Edited by Apollo13

12 hours ago, Apollo13 said:

Which mods need to be updated for AGE to work specifically?  I'm using the latest AGE.  I'm using other mods, of course, that are not associated with AGE.

Oh.  I need Blizzy toolbar?  I thought it was in stock toolbar. Just downloaded/installed.  THANK you for continuing the development.  I missed it.

And, AGE does not appear in the VAB.  It used to appear automatically.

EDIT:  Having installed Blizzy's Toolbar, I don't see AGE as an option in the Toolbar Button Visibility UI window.

Log file, pls

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Embries said:

I figured it out. AGExt folder needed to be inside Diazo folder. For anyone else..

Install manual is in the first post :cool::

Installation

The GameData folder inside the zip file is to be merged with the GameData folder in your KSP directory. The AGExt.dll should end up at KSPInstall\GameData\Diazo\AGext\AGext.dll

Hi!

I attempted to see Dynawing's actions settings by AGX and found:

1.AGX do not see actions if ship was not started from VAB/SPH. Actions work but AGX do not see it.

2.If ship was in VAB/SPH AGX can see actions, just with empty descriptions.

So can you please make AGX read actions settings when no VAB/SPH used? Started from Launchpad, Runway and especially Scenario.

Can you teach AGX to substitute empty action description by the name of first action in the list?

Thanks for your efforts!

3 hours ago, Sebra said:

Hi!

I attempted to see Dynawing's actions settings by AGX and found:

1.AGX do not see actions if ship was not started from VAB/SPH. Actions work but AGX do not see it.

2.If ship was in VAB/SPH AGX can see actions, just with empty descriptions.

So can you please make AGX read actions settings when no VAB/SPH used? Started from Launchpad, Runway and especially Scenario.

Can you teach AGX to substitute empty action description by the name of first action in the list?

Thanks for your efforts!

1.  Makes sense, AGX sets things up in the editor

I don't really have time for this right now, I still have 40 more mods to get updated for 1.4. Open an issue on Github and it may get done eventually

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.