[1.9.x] Action Groups ReExtended: 250 Action Groups, in-flight editing.

linuxgurugamer

Makes staging away from an upper stage with it's own control module change the keyset the same way undocking a lander does?

I launched a station core to Kerbin orbit and after decoupling the two actions on alpha2 and alpha3 were not available by keypresses anymore.
But clicking them in the aGX UI worked.

Last session's log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/v7zs6nqfo7cpu36/2018-06-23_1 KSP.log.7z?dl=1

Crosspost:

7 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

Makes staging away from an upper stage with it's own control module change the keyset the same way undocking a lander does?

I launched a station core to Kerbin orbit and after decoupling the two actions on alpha2 and alpha3 were not available by keypresses anymore.
But clicking them in the aGX UI worked.

Last session's log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/v7zs6nqfo7cpu36/2018-06-23_1 KSP.log.7z?dl=1

Crosspost:

The crosspost was confusing, because it described something different.

What were alpha2 and alpha3 linked to?

2 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

@linuxgurugamer I actually just removed that because it does not allow me to aim the camera to a target vessel and so I can't choose a target docking port. And I want to dock to that station mentioned above.

Before I dock I will test it again.

See the last post in that forum, seems that its a known issue.

• 4 weeks later...

KSP v1.4.4, AGEx v2.3.35, Win 10.

The text displayed for the Science Storage devices' actions under AGEx don't clearly describe the function they perform ("fillDrive" and "expfileDrive"). Although there are only two actions and their functions can be deduced, unambiguous action text would make their functions clear.

Mhjrniz.png

I raised a GitHub issue on the Tarsier page but @JPLReposuggested that the solution might lie with AGEx.

Something perhaps to discuss with the mod author of that mod? This mod [Tarsier Space Technology] does not support that mod [AGEx]...
and I have no idea what that mod is doing. But seems it is referring to internal code method names instead of the attributes on the methods which is what all of KSP uses....

Would you like a GitHub issue?

On 7/23/2018 at 6:55 PM, 4x4cheesecake said:

@Brigadier This happens on a fresh install of 1.4.1 with just this mod installed as well, so I highly doubt that AGEx is the problem:

I don't understand what you're getting at.  If JPLRepo is correct and problem exists within AGEx, then it shouldn't matter what KSP version you have.  Since AGEx clearly works well with many other mods, what's different with TST?

1 minute ago, Brigadier said:

I don't understand what you're getting at.  If JPLRepo is correct and problem exists within AGEx, then it shouldn't matter what KSP version you have.  Since AGEx clearly works well with many other mods, what's different with TST?

I chose 1.4.1 since TST is build for 1.4.1, just to be sure it is not an issue with a wrong KSP version.

The difference with TST is, that even the stock action group manager does not use the correct names but 'fillDrive' and 'expfillDrive' so I have to assume that TST is the reason for this issue.

1 minute ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

I chose 1.4.1 since TST is build for 1.4.1, just to be sure it is not an issue with a wrong KSP version.

The difference with TST is, that even the stock action group manager does not use the correct names but 'fillDrive' and 'expfillDrive' so I have to assume that TST is the reason for this issue.

Ahh...got it.  I see your point.

• 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, scimas said:
  Reveal hidden contents

bjvFrDd.png

@linuxgurugamer Wanted to point out that Toolbar Controller is not listed as a dependency on CKAN. It has worked properly until 1.4.3 and I spent 2 days figuring out which mod was causing AGExt to not load in 1.4.5 :rolleyes:

thanks, I'll get it updated

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure if i'm the only one experiencing this issue, but whenever i go to select a key for an action group, the game freezes up and the UI stops working, requiring a forced shutdown of KSP. The issue has persisted through manual installation, as well as CKAN. I'm using RSS/RO on 1.3.1. issue persists on clean install with only AGExt and dependencies installed, via CKAN.

clean test logs:

output_log https://file.io/H5hjt8

ksp.log https://file.io/2XOLIZ

• 1 month later...

hi gents,

I just installed this mod which i would like to use it in future but I found few things which doesnt work for me. I am using the last available KSP 1.5.1.2335. see below list of things which doesnt work but may it is my stupidy or it shouldnt be working at all and I just hoped.

1. When action groups are setup up on hangar once the vesel is lunch all action group are wiped and need to be redone again.

2. When I change from vesel to vesel the action groups will stay from previous vesel and they are not updated for curent one. (may it is 250action groups for all vesels?)

3. to see any action group on action group list always have to assign or cleared assigned key.

if you would like, I can make video and posted in future somewhere to see what i am talking about.

any way good job on this mod and hope you wont give up :-)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

@linuxgurugamer I discovered a rather obnoxious bug in KSP 1.7. Pressing the crew assignment tab in the SPH or VAB causes this whole portion of the UI to lock up and become unusable. I cannot use the 4 tools (place, offset, rotate, re-root...note that they have vanished). I cannot pick another part from here to add to a build.

I can still use any UI object anywhere but here, including load or save a craft, or exit the editor to shoo the bug away, but the problem returns if I re-enter and click crew assignments again. It only happens with AGExt installed, and I made sure I have the latest of Blizzy's Toolbar, Toolbar Controller, and Clickthrough Blocker.

Qz5vZ9l.png

Edited by JadeOfMaar

I can confirm this bug. Additionally, after clicking the stock "Action" or "AGX" buttton in the toolbar,  the whole part list will disappear.

There is an active input lock but after clearing all locks, just the stock buttons for new, save, load, launch and leave are going to be functional again.

usu78GB.png

As far as I can tell, there is nothing exceptional in the log:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uzndzoee27ax15k/output_log(AGX_1.7.0).txt?dl=0

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.