[1.9.x] Action Groups ReExtended: 250 Action Groups, in-flight editing.

linuxgurugamer

13 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

As I said on the OP

unless a good reason is presented to keep it going

Thank you for quoting me, I don't know how you managed to quote me before my post, without editing =D but ok...

And ... I mean just the ability to have 250 custom actions is a quite good reason in my opinion.. We can't have more than 10 in stock, am I wrong, did they change something?

Also as I said in the post you quoted from, integration with the Smart Parts mod was also very cool feature, using them side by side. Plus as @JeffreyCor mentioned; the ability to have custom named action groups... is just priceless... I remember so many times, sharing my vehicle in multiplayer with friends and they're were so easily adapted to my crafts or stations thanx to those labels.

Edited by Problemless Mods Wanter
Shared memories.

2 minutes ago, Problemless Mods Wanter said:

Plus as @JeffreyCor mentioned; the ability to have custom named action groups... is just priceless...

That's the number one reason I love this mod. That self-documenting/reminder feature is invaluable. Especially when coming back to a vessel which has been in flight for a long time (both in game and IRL).

In flight editing would be number 2 although there's a stock implementation of that now although I still prefer AGx's editor.

Then there's the more than ten actions and easily assignable buttons for extras outside default 10. I find stock's action sets a clunky by comparison.

22 minutes ago, Aelfhe1m said:

Checking...

Checking....

I'm back ;)

I set up a minimal 1.7.3 to test. Initially didn't see the error but then found out how to trigger it - definitely an edge case.

• Have the action editor open before going on EVA.
  • Left click on EVA Kerbal to select in editor (blue cross)
  • Board vessel
  • Exception spam

Clicking any part on vessel so it is selected before boarding does not cause the spam. It seems to be related to the KerbalEVA object no longer being present.

Replicated this and fixed it.  Also, no continuous nullrefs after sitting for more than 5 minutes

26 minutes ago, Problemless Mods Wanter said:

And ... I mean just the ability to have 250 custom actions is a quite good reason in my opinion.. We can't have more than 10 in stock, am I wrong, did they change something?

Stock now supports ActionSets, each of which  can have 10 action groups and all the Axis Groups.  total of 5 Action Sets gives 50 action groups

@linuxgurugamer, I mentioned in a recent Twitch stream of yours that I quietly supported your continued maintenance of this mod.  You encouraged me to mention why.

1. Toggle the colour of an action group (State Vis).  I use this extensively for easily identifying whether a group has been activated (on/off, deployed/retracted, unstaged/staged (i.e. fairing), etc.).  Very useful.
  2. Named groups as a clear indication of a group's function.  Very  useful.
  3. Key assignment beyond the stock limitation of 10.  Useful occasionally.
  4. Extensive key bindings.  Useful.
  5. Ability to chose from a list of all parts (i.e. without having to select a part).  Very useful.
  6. Ability to separate identical parts and assign them individually to different action groups.  Very useful.
  7. Dragable windows.  Very useful

I'd like to see some improvements:

1. The ability to close the Keybinding window without having to select a key.
  2. Fit text in the UI elements properly (long descriptions can exceed the list window width, State Vis button overlaps the action list scroll bar, etc).
  3. The ability to resize the UI elements.

There might be others in both of these lists, but you get the point.  Although I could revert to the stock mechanism, I'm very pleased you've decided to retain this mod.

On 11/6/2017 at 7:47 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

-Click on the Keybind Key ("Alpha1" in the above image), a new window showing all available keys will pop-up. Click the button representing the key you wish to assign.

Does it also work with joystick buttons?

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, eberkain said:

But how do you setup a robotic part with it installed?  

Place a KAL-1000 Controller on the vessel, open AGXe and select the KAL-1000.  You should have all the options under the part's commands to assign to your action group.

If you need to open the Track Editor, you'll need to do that from the stock action group interface.

Edited by Brigadier
Added better information

7 hours ago, Brigadier said:

Place a KAL-1000 Controller on the vessel, open AGXe and select the KAL-1000.  You should have all the options under the part's commands to assign to your action group.

If you need to open the Track Editor, you'll need to do that from the stock action group interface.

I got all that, but how do you add a new field to the track editor?  I can't figure it out. 

8 hours ago, eberkain said:

I got all that, but how do you add a new field to the track editor?  I can't figure it out. 

In the VAB (obviously), create your craft, add the robotic parts, say a G-11 Hinge, and the KAL-1000.  Open stock Actions and under Controllers in the Action Groups column, select the KAL-1000.  Then under Controller Fields, click on Open Track Editor.  Next select any robotic part on the craft, i.e. the G-11, in the main window, and notice that the part's available actions are displayed in the Selection column.  Choose an appropriate action from the Selection column, such as the G-11's Target Angle axis field, and it's added to the Track Editor.  You can now play with the track editor controls and nodes to produce the motion you want.

Clear as ground level on Jool?

Edited by Brigadier
Clarity

1 hour ago, Brigadier said:

In the VAB (obviously), create your craft, add the robotic parts, say a G-11 Hinge, and the KAL-1000.  Open stock Actions and under Controllers in the Action Groups column, select the KAL-1000.  Then under Controller Fields, click on Open Track Editor.  Next select any robotic part on the craft, i.e. the G-11, in the main window, and notice that the part's available actions are displayed in the Selection column.  Choose an appropriate action from the Selection column, such as the G-11's Target Angle axis field, and it's added to the Track Editor.  You can now play with the track editor controls and nodes to produce the motion you want.

Clear as ground level on Jool?

ok, so clicking the AGX button in the editor will toggle between the mod and the stock action panel, but its a little jank, but I see how it works now.  

3 hours ago, eberkain said:

ok, so clicking the AGX button in the editor will toggle between the mod and the stock action panel, but its a little jank, but I see how it works now.  

Yeah, it does that and I'm not sure that behaviour is intended or has been properly reviewed by @linuxgurugamer yet.  It may have been on his to-do list somewhere but his list is pretty darn long.

3 hours ago, eberkain said:

I'm not planning on doing anything with this.  I was requested to keep the mod going for some people after I had decided to retire it.  I understand why people wanted it back, but I don't have time to go into it and figure out what's wrong, if anything.

If someone were to do a PR, I would accept that

• 3 weeks later...

I finally figured out how to use modifier keys in the keybinding window.  YAY!   

Is there a way to import the names of groups when creating a new craft?  I see that the keybinds are stored in a settings file in the mod dir, but the group names are stored per craft on every part.    Do I need to copy the module from one .craft file to the other? 

• 2 months later...
13 minutes ago, LukeStrike said:

Hi @linuxgurugamer

This mod doesn't work for me ... lot of UI elements such as choosing your group, naming it etc just don't appear as you can see here: https://imgur.com/a/ItJHvyT

I'm in KSP 1.8.1 and not using other "actions groups" mods ...

LKS

In 1.8.1 myself and the latest version of the mod works just fine for me. Can you provide a log file, version file, and maybe some screenies of what you're seeing?