[1.9.x] Action Groups ReExtended: 250 Action Groups, in-flight editing.

linuxgurugamer

20 hours ago, Rogor said:

@linuxgurugamerSorry to raise this issue again, but I have sent the PR on the AGExt repo here : https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/AGExt/pull/8

I hope this is the right repo. I have tested it and it worked for us. I'm currently distributing a modified copy of AGExt with Simpit since it make KSP crash to have so much logs. So it would be nice if this was included in the next version of AGext.

It was, but since I was working on it anyway for the 1.12 update, I've closed it and am fixing it a different way.  Release in a day or so

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in the bug-finding mood.

The toolbar icon is a white square:  vwtvnMT.png

And I found a way to break this mod in one minute or less. It's a level 2 VAB if that's of any importance.

Spoiler

I later reproduced this bug without clicking the mod's toolbar icon, just by clicking between Build and Actions and clicking on some actions. Note that the bug doesn't occur without AGX installed.

On 11/6/2017 at 5:47 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

To override and always have all action groups available, find the KSP\GameData\Diazo\AGExt\AGExt.cfg file and change the "OverrideCareer" value to 1 (one) from 0 (zero).

The file is actually called AGExt.settings

On 11/6/2017 at 5:47 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

You can also use the new stock ActionGroupsAlwaysAvaialble option in-game, found under Custom Difficutly -> Advanced Options.

My Advanced Options menu is bugged so I can't do it but that's because of some other mod.

By the way, the 10% complete manual has been deleted.

Edited by Krzeszny

11 hours ago, Krzeszny said:

I later reproduced this bug without clicking the mod's toolbar icon, just by clicking between Build and Actions and clicking on some actions. Note that the bug doesn't occur without AGX installed.

Strange, it's been there for a while, no one reported it

The file is actually called AGExt.settings

Right.  

On 11/6/2017 at 11:47 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

You can also use the new stock ActionGroupsAlwaysAvaialble option in-game, found under Custom Difficutly -> Advanced Options.

My Advanced Options menu is bugged so I can't do it but that's because of some other mod.

Wasn't even there, adding it now

16 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I don’t understand what the bug you are trying to show was.

When you keep clicking the Build and Action buttons, at some point both tabs overlap and you can't click the buttons anymore (all buttoms become dark). You then have to exit the VAB/SPH.

I showed the bug it in that video and you said it had been there for a while.

Edited by Krzeszny

3 hours ago, Krzeszny said:

When you keep clicking the Build and Action buttons, at some point both tabs overlap and you can't click the buttons anymore (all buttoms become dark). You then have to exit the VAB/SPH.

I showed the bug it in that video and you said it had been there for a while.

Sorry, I meant the white button in the VAB.  I'll look at the video again

• 1 month later...
58 minutes ago, TanoPrime said:

Oh no..

I installed a mod due to having forgotten an action group for a vessel, and now all the action groups on all my tens of vessels are broken - they activate and deactivate at the same time.

No logs, no support.

But, why didn't you use the stock method of action groups in flight?

On 9/4/2021 at 4:49 AM, Krzeszny said:

I'm in the bug-finding mood.

The toolbar icon is a white square:  vwtvnMT.png

And I found a way to break this mod in one minute or less. It's a level 2 VAB if that's of any importance.

Hide contents

I've been able to reproduce this bug, but no idea what's causing it yet.

On 10/31/2021 at 4:36 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

No logs, no support.

But, why didn't you use the stock method of action groups in flight?

Stock you can only set action groups while in the VAB/SPH, no? Or did I miss some in-flight menu?

As to why I needed the mod - I docked two complex craft who had action groups, and when I undocked them both of them lost some of their action groups. I wanted to add them again.

I uninstalled the mod, it makes all my craft action groups unusable at the moment. The mod itself works ok otherwise.

6 minutes ago, TanoPrime said:

Stock you can only set action groups while in the VAB/SPH, no? Or did I miss some in-flight menu?

As to why I needed the mod - I docked two complex craft who had action groups, and when I undocked them both of them lost some of their action groups. I wanted to add them again.

I uninstalled the mod, it makes all my craft action groups unusable at the moment. The mod itself works ok otherwise.

1.12 has the ability to change action groups in flight, not sure if that came in 1.11 or 1.12

Look for this button in the toolbar:

fvls4Wm.png

On 11/2/2021 at 3:00 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

not sure if that came in 1.11 or 1.12

In 1.8 or 1.9 as I remember. :)  It was soon after 1.7 where action groups and KAL sequences used to get messed up quite easily (if everything works perfectly  on the runway, no one guaranties that it will work after a few scene loads). Had to edit AGs using Notepad++ a lot

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello

Been trying to use axis groups on this mod for to manage rotors, at the moment I can only assign some keycode for a full movement of the rotor, but no intermediate states, as controlling the angle of inclination of an arm by example, it seems that axis groups are not implemented? or maybe I´m not using it in the correct way?

thanks,

12 minutes ago, Makrom said:

Hello

Been trying to use axis groups on this mod for to manage rotors, at the moment I can only assign some keycode for a full movement of the rotor, but no intermediate states, as controlling the angle of inclination of an arm by example, it seems that axis groups are not implemented? or maybe I´m not using it in the correct way?

thanks,

Not implemented, and won't be, sorry

• 3 months later...

I'm getting a bug that seems to prevent me from using normal action groups when I have AGExt installed.

Logs: https://drive.google.com/file/d/146nzd8bRZGG7ocI8fytqEOsocRBXGjFO/view?usp=sharing

I build a craft, add the engine to AG 1, put it on the pad, and try pressing 1 on my keyboard, but nothing happens. The action group works when AGExt is not installed. KSP version 1.12.2, AGExt, latest (2.4.1.1).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.