[1.9.x] Action Groups ReExtended: 250 Action Groups, in-flight editing.

linuxgurugamer

On 5/31/2019 at 2:54 PM, Ericwi said:

I am running "VERSION": {     "MAJOR": 2,     "MINOR": 3,     "PATCH": 4,     "BUILD": 1) . Could somene conifirm the mod is not working under 1.7.1 for them to?
No options in VAB or in flight if you click\right click on the icon.

18 minutes ago, DianonForce said:

I am running "VERSION": {    "MAJOR": 2,    "MINOR": 3,    "PATCH": 4,    "BUILD": 1). Did a quick test in Sandbox, seems to work like it should, in my 1.7.1 install.

Yep, it does work but still a little buggy when it comes to display to mod windows. With breaking grounds, the bug actually works in our favor since you can still easily configure the stock action groups for the robotic parts :D

Anyway, the most "stable" way to use the mod without breaking the editor seem to be:

Click on the stock "Action" button to open the action groups, then use the toolbar button for AGX to open the mod windows. It is important to close the mod windows via the toolbar button before you use any of the stock buttons to switch back to the parts or crew tab, otherwise you will end up with a) an input lock and b) a borked part list.

@Ericwi If the mod still doesn't work when you use this method, you should upload a log file :) 

• 1 month later...

My apologies if this has been mentioned before, but I couldn't find any reference by searching any way I could find to reference this with the existing forum tools.

Am I going crazy or is the % key missing from the keycodes list?  This key may be referred to as percent, mod, modulus, grapes, or sometimes double-oh-seven, and yes I'm trying to index some search terms here, especially since you cannot search for '%'

Oh, someone might refer to it as shift-5 or shift-five.  

So yeah, am I blind or crazy?  I mean, AltGr is there.  Raise your hand if you have AltGr on your keyboard.  I'm blind, right?  Someones going to post a screenshot with the very obvious key highlighted, and I'm gonna feel pretty dumb.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
16 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

Some comments were removed from this thread, including a comment which had been edited to be blank (had no content). Of the other, it has been moved here:

My comments are only concerning this mod, that's why I posted here. I have absolutely no problem with other mods and no need to set up the keyboard.

I think that this mod does not take in account all keyboard as KSP do and that why I posted here. Maybe there is some code to add or some config file to modify to help. I don't want to reset my keyboard for this mod/

sorry if my comments were not so clear

I am running on Mac OSX and I must not be the only one concerned. my alpha keys are working with this mod, but not my numeric keys.

Edited by gilflo

Speaking of keyboards; I would LOVE to be able to bind my keyboards macro keys in key assigning. I believe it's not impossible as long as I find their key codes for unity...

And speaking of hot keys, I don't know if it's already reported but I'm sure people are aware that, in KSP version 1.8, the AGX UI is currently missing key binding settings button and the "OTHER" button.

Only the default action groups ("Abort", "Gears", "Breakes" etc) are editable and we can't access the custom 250 action groups. Probably the new ability to edit action groups in flight, broke this mod bad.

I don't see anybody mentioning this here, so I wanted to drop a note about it.

• 5 weeks later...

Labeled buttons for using action groups was the biggest draw I had for this mod. While editing is now stock in 1.8, I have not found any way to put labeled buttons on the screen. With this being discontinued, a very greatly hope someone picks up or creates one to provided this fantastic feature that has still been skipped over in stock.

Discontinued because the way stock is dealing with the various action groups is different than what this does.  It would most likely require a complete rewrite, which I don't have time to do.

If someone would like to take it over and provide support, they have my permission to do so

RIP - great mod used it since the day it came out.

LGG did you perchance notice during any 1.8 testing if it still worked enough to hide the action group editor in the VAB? If you didn't please don't bother checking, I will myself once I finally upgrade. Just asking if you happened to. This functionality is actually really useful for when I make these integration images:

Busy VAB

Cause it lets me use more of the screen since I can composite the empty left side (with the gizmo buttons hidden too) with what's normally seen on the right side of the part/crew selector when action group editing is not active, so I can create a wider final image

1 hour ago, Drew Kerman said:

LGG did you perchance notice during any 1.8 testing if it still worked enough to hide the action group editor in the VAB? If you didn't please don't bother checking, I will myself once I finally upgrade. Just asking if you happened to. This functionality is actually really useful for when I make these integration images:

Not at all.  I'm sure it will work.

Tell you what, I'll do a 1.8 build for you, will leave it in a pre-release stage, you will be able to get it from Github.

Just finished the build, seems to work, but I'm not a user of this, so I can't promise anything

You can download it from here:  https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/AGExt/releases/tag/2.4.0

If all  you want it for is to hide the window, that's something I may do later as a standalone mod

I was doing some testing, and the only way right now to hide the left panel is to click the AGX button when the editor is empty, load the vessel and click the agx button again.  It seems that this is the way its been for a while.  I believe that this happened back in version 2.3.4, for KSP 1.7 due to some internal changes

11 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I was doing some testing, and the only way right now to hide the left panel is to click the AGX button when the editor is empty, load the vessel and click the agx button again.  It seems that this is the way its been for a while.  I believe that this happened back in version 2.3.4, for KSP 1.7 due to some internal changes

yea I'm still on 1.5.1 :P if that's the procedure for 1.8 I can totally live with that no problem

2 minutes ago, Drew Kerman said:

yea I'm still on 1.5.1 :P if that's the procedure for 1.8 I can totally live with that no problem

yes.  I took a look at the code, and it is somewhat interesting, to say the least.  A lot of commented-out lines, from before I adopted it.  I may do a mod in the future, but not now.

hi all,

i don t really understand why this mod is discontinued cause of my bad english. i downloaded the last version 2.4.0 and it works nice on my ksp 1.8.1

For me this mod is a must have cause i always forget which key is assigned to a certain action and sometimes i triggered catastrophic things while in space far from home :)

Tx for your work LGG.

4 hours ago, LTQ90 said:

hi all,

i don t really understand why this mod is discontinued cause of my bad english. i downloaded the last version 2.4.0 and it works nice on my ksp 1.8.1

For me this mod is a must have cause i always forget which key is assigned to a certain action and sometimes i triggered catastrophic things while in space far from home :)

Tx for your work LGG.

Discontinued because stock now has the same functionality

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Discontinued because stock now has the same functionality

Most (editing of action groups in flight), however stock does not have the labeled clickable buttons to trigger action groups which is a key function that is still sadly missing from stock.

I had said that I would reconsider if enough people asked and if there was a good reason to do so.  I’m almost there, but before I do decide to continue it, I need  you all to do thorough tests of the prerelease version that’s on github.  I don’t t use this, so I am relying on you to tell me what works and what does not work. Do this and show me that you will provide the support that I need, and it may come to pass.

I need reports of what is not working in 1.8 which was working in 1.7.3, along with specific steps to replicate it.  I can’t fix something that I cant reproduce.

I've done some basic testing of the recompile in 1.8.1 (with both DLCs) in a brand new sandbox game. So far no errors encountered.

Tested:

• Switch button to use Blizzy
  • In VAB
    • Click button to turn on action editor
    • Assign separate actions on multiple parts to AG 0-9, to higher numbered groups and to "other" groups (RCS, Gear, Abort)
    • Select parts by direct clicking or through part selector menu
    • Parts in symmetry groups auto selected and can be individually deselected
    • Part highlighting (blue crosses, Xs and red Xs) displayed as expected
    • Edit actions after leaving and returning to VAB
    • Save and reload vessel to check actions are persisted
    • Assign labels to actions
    • Make an action show toggle status (ladder up/down)
  • In flight
    • Test each configured action by clicking AGx window button
    • Test actions on 0-9 keys 
    • Verify toggle state of ladder shown correctly
    • Right click AGx button for menu
      • Toggle display of key codes
      • Open action editor
        • Change an existing action
        • Change label of action
        • Create a new action
        • Change "other" actions
        • Assign keycode to high number action ("Insert" assigned to action 200)
      • Reset windows
  • Exit and re-run KSP to verify defined actions still present on in-flight vessels

Not tested:

• RemoteTech integration
  • I've never used the Groups feature and so was unsure how it was supposed to behave but it wasn't throwing errors and seemed to do something not entirely unexpected (assign actions to groups to allow some to be hidden/shown at need?)

New features in 1.8 that affect AGx:

• Changes made to actions in stock in-flight action editor are ignored by AGx (not surprised and I don't care much either I doubt I'll use the stock editor again)
  • All parts now have "Toggle same vessel interactions", "Enable same vessel interactions" and "Disable same vessel interactions" actions which were not present in earlier versions and adds some minor clutter

@linuxgurugamer Spoke a little too soon. I just checked the player.log and there's one exception being spammed to log during flight:

AGX Draw cross fail. 3 System.NullReferenceException
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Component.get_transform(UnityEngine.Component)
  at ActionGroupsExtended.AGXFlight.OnGUI () [0x003fe] in <0331d067141a4e4d8e8c903a006b8e45>:0 

It started after Jeb returned from EVA after I sent him out of the craft with the AGx action editor windows active and a part highlighted. (This is probably a bit of an edge case unlikely to happen during normal use)

Then after a minute it also started spamming:

NullReferenceException
	ActionGroupsExtended.AGXFlight.OnGUI () (at <0331d067141a4e4d8e8c903a006b8e45>:0)
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

Full log here (ignore the LaunchSiteVesselModule errors those are from something I'm currently working on myself) .

13 minutes ago, Aelfhe1m said:

It started after Jeb returned from EVA after I sent him out of the craft with the AGx action editor windows active and a part highlighted. (This is probably a bit of an edge case unlikely to happen during normal use)

I think I found this, but did you try the same thing in 1.7.3? and if so, was it the same result?

31 minutes ago, Aelfhe1m said:

I can't replicate this.  Can you do a short video to show me?

As I said, I think I found it, but I need to see the error before I fix it

Thanks

Just now, Problemless Mods Wanter said:

I'm actually so sad to see that it's in some sort of purgatory right now...

As I said on the OP

unless a good reason is presented to keep it going

3 hours ago, JeffreyCor said:

Most (editing of action groups in flight), however stock does not have the labeled clickable buttons to trigger action groups which is a key function that is still sadly missing from stock.

Stock also doesn't have "250" custom action groups, which was the biggest selling point for me for this mod. But along with that number came very very cool features which made this mod perfect gameplay for years. Also the compatibility with Smart Parts mod was just the cherry on top! With the help of SP, I used to make some pretty conditional action groups back in the time, using at least 40-50 actions per vehicle and I got hundreds of megabytes of craft files which used this mod.

I'm actually so sad to see that it's in some sort of purgatory right now...

6 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I think I found this, but did you try the same thing in 1.7.3? and if so, was it the same result?

Checking...

Checking....

I'm back ;)

I set up a minimal 1.7.3 to test. Initially didn't see the error but then found out how to trigger it - definitely an edge case.

• Have the action editor open before going on EVA.
  • Left click on EVA Kerbal to select in editor (blue cross)
  • Board vessel
  • Exception spam

Clicking any part on vessel so it is selected before boarding does not cause the spam. It seems to be related to the KerbalEVA object no longer being present.