Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems (Orbital ATK) thread

tater

Yeah should have switched to the situational view much earlier. People just sitting around the control room is really not that interesting.

Edit: changing to telemetry isn‘t working either it seems

Edited by Canopus

Can we also sack the camera oparetors, who seemed to go on a smoke break juat after the rocket plume dissapated? Or the people who thought that what we really want to see, rather than the second stage ignition, it the TEL leaning serenely inti the breeze? 

14 hours ago, Ultimate Steve said:

Yeah, of course the launch I told my crush about (and was her first launch to watch I think) had to be one of the least interesting visually...

I told this to my wife, so she had to watch the restream.

" There's a dot... bye dot! "

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Six years ago, Lunar Atmosphere and Dust Environment Explorer (LADEE) was launched atop a Minotaur-5 (1) for its 223 days-long journey.

Although this launch did not make the headlines of the general press, it remains known in the aerospace enthusiasts community for a particular photo...

EDzGu1jX4AMkRnn?format=jpg&name=4096x409

KA1KFu2.jpg

On the positive side, the mission was extended to more than twice its presumed length of 100 days, providing amazing pictures of the lunar environment.

800px-LADEE.png

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/3/2019 at 5:36 PM, MinimumSky5 said:

I'll bet you $53 million that it doesn't launch on Wednesday.

Spoiler

Meanwhile at Wallops, NG-12 or CRS-12 apparently has been delayed to November 2nd. I live ~5 hours away, I think I could spare a weekend- I really hope that date sticks!

Edited by ThatGuyWithALongUsername

Well, it finally happened, after over a year and a half of waiting this thing actually launched.

It will be sad to probably see Pegasus go, though... that was probably the last Pegasus launch ever. Early Orbital Sciences was so cool and ambitious and forgotten, you know? They anticipated the small satellite launcher boom, they just built their vehicle 20 years too early...

• 2 weeks later...

A bit of a late update, but it will remain horizontal until it goes vertical again sometime overnight.

And then... launch. And... I'll be there. :cool:

(Only the second launch I've ever seen in person, and the first one was a while ago. I'm getting pretty excited!)

(PLEASE don't scrub)

Edited by ThatGuyWithALongUsername