Konnel Defence Industries V1.0 [1 9 9 0 s][>1.x.x][BDAc][Beta Soon TM]

/not/pol/

• 2 months later...

oof its been several months since i last updated this, got stuck into a bit of a cycle of

Want new part > spend several hours working on new part > concept does not work with BDA > put it all down for several weeks > repeat

Currently im working on updating the 3D Models for all of the older parts. correcting some config values that were never fixed and testing on the current 1.6 BDA Version.

Currently in is:

GBU-16 Paveway II

GBU-12 Paveway II

Mk81 GP Iron bomb

Mk81 GP w/ Mk14 TRD

Mk82 GP Iron bomb

Mk83 GP Iron bomb

GBU-31/V3B Bunker buster

LAU68C With M151 High explosive rockets

All 3 major ejection racks used by the US Air force and the US Navy, Including the BRU-41/A MER, the BRU-42LS TER, and the BRU-33/A VER, that is Multiple ejection, Tripple ejection and vertical ejection respectively. Mods not dead yet, i swear, If anyone is still following this then thanks for sticking around and sorry about the long wait.

Edited by /not/pol/

• 1 month later...

picture dump incoming, Current plan is to roll it all out in stages, starting with the AIM-7 and the Dumb Iron/Laser guided Bombs and their respective racks, and later reintroducing the Pheonix, the B-52 Cockpit, the A-6 And E2C Hawkeye cockpit(s) and some new AGMs, as well as some new equipment and AGMs/ARMs, that is Air to Ground Missile and Anti Radiation Missile. For now if anyone still follows this enjoy the teasers and h-o-l-y fugg i have to get off my lazy ass and get this done.

Images

Spoiler

20190224112022-1.jpg

20181116100632-1.jpg

20190223183158-1.jpg20190203183259-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So, life decided to do what life does, that being getting in the way of projects. been working through the backlog of parts just recently that need to be updated, updating old models, etc. will have an update soon:tm:

• 3 weeks later...

o-boy.png

(WIP)

Spoiler

For those interested, yes, i went as far as to model the rifling, correctly at that, 1:15 Right hand twist for 3 turns, 8 Lands 8 Grooves.

[snip]

Edited by James Kerman
redacted by a moderator

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Keeping the Updates rolling..

When Ma Deuce Speaks, Everyone Listens.

She took one hell of a time to complete, but the final result was well worth it, 2 USMC Gunnery Field manuals, 3 different manufacturers documents looked into for info(one i even contacted for a measurement they were happy to provide) and nearly 100 hours of work. By god she's gorgeous, Ma Deuce along with the New tank hatches, bomb models, and the likes are coming hopefully in the next few months, and failing that before 2019 is out. Burnout it a serious concern so the going pace is slow. To the folks that have stuck around this long through all of my screwing about Thank you for being patient, i hope the wait is worth it.

When-she-speaks.png

thicc.png

6272728428.png

Edited by /not/pol/

• 4 months later...

So, Unfortunately im going to have to announce that this version of this mod is dead, not due to burnout but because all source files and in works projects were lost due to catastrophic harddisk failure. I may attempt to scratch together what remains of my files are laying around on the net from this project and rebuild at a later date but as of now there will be no more updates, when i get the chance i will attempt to get the most recent development build that was sent to a friend uploaded so atleast some of what was teased can be enjoyed.

Edited by /not/pol/

12 hours ago, /not/pol/ said:

So, Unfortunately im going to have to announce that this mod is dead, not due to burnout but because all source files and in works projects were lost due to catastrophic harddisk failure. I may attempt to scratch together what remains of my files are laying around on the net from this project and rebuild at a later date but as of now there will be no more updates, when i get the chance i will attempt to get the most recent development build that was sent to a friend uploaded so atleast some of what was teased can be enjoyed.

Hey bro, massive shame to hear that, however I have a slight remedy in a fashion. I have the mod installed on my Gamedata if you want me to send you the files back unless you already have all of 'em.

37 minutes ago, Sebastiaz said:

Hey bro, massive shame to hear that, however I have a slight remedy in a fashion. I have the mod installed on my Gamedata if you want me to send you the files back unless you already have all of 'em.

If its the version linked in the OP i've already recovered that, although it contains really only reference configs and old versions of the color pallets i used for textures, In the works was an entire revamp of all bombs and weapons included, Pretty much everything was revised and new and was set to release in early january. Thanks for the offer though, Good news is that alot of those models and files were sent off to a few friends of mine for testing not too far back, so i can recover most* of whats lost. there a total of about 20 to 25 parts or so at one point, so it will take a while to rebuild.

If and when i get everything straight and am back to actively working on it i'll post a new thread for the new version, and  let this one serve as a warning to backup your data, especially if you already have (had) 2 hdds like i do, no excuses.

Edited by /not/pol/

1 hour ago, /not/pol/ said:

... let this one serve as a warning to backup your data, especially if you already have (had) 2 hdds like i do, no excuses.

Github (or similar) is great for this... Even if youre not a coder, or your mod is even just a parts-only mod... Plus, if your mod is open source, its a great way to ensure your source model/texture etc files are available for someone else to pick up and run with, even if you ever leave the KSP community ... vOv

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

ignoring the Old thread message for a bit

My friends had all playtested this mod at one point, and one of them has dug up the last experimental version ever created, combined with life stresses easing off and my recovery of alot of the source files (turned out i wasnt as lax on my own preaching of data security as i thought), this mod may yet live

stay tuned.

update: Got some of my props back in, confirmed what i do have is functioning in 1.9.1, only broken part is the LAU-115C and the LAU-68C, an ejection rack and a rocket launcher - easy.

Edited by /not/pol/

Reworking the B52 Cockpit Interior now, your CPU will be screaming, its 104k Tris, granted everything else in this pack is more then that for just a single weapon soo..

uwu.png

gut.png

dont ask why i spent 2 hours divising a work flow for easily modeling electrical tape.

i have ran out of texture coordinate space 4 times now...

Edited by /not/pol/

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.