[1.12.x] Eva Follower

linuxgurugamer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Something's indeed afoot:

[LOG 15:29:10.563] Unpacking Monty Kerman
[WRN 15:29:11.108] [EFX] Unpack: kerbalEVAFuture (Monty Kerman)
[LOG 15:29:11.108] [EFX] Contains()
[ERR 15:29:11.109] Exception handling event onPartUnpack in class EvaController:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at MSD.EvaFollower.EvaContainer.Load (KerbalEVA eva) [0x00030] in <0e87f5b31a7e43afa0664eb60835ba4b>:0 
  at MSD.EvaFollower.EvaController.Load (Vessel vessel) [0x0003a] in <0e87f5b31a7e43afa0664eb60835ba4b>:0 
  at MSD.EvaFollower.EvaController.OnPartUnpack (Part part) [0x0002a] in <0e87f5b31a7e43afa0664eb60835ba4b>:0 
  at EventData`1[T].Fire (T data) [0x000b0] in <06f13185617646e5bc801baeab53ab75>:0 

[EXC 15:29:11.111] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	MSD.EvaFollower.EvaContainer.Load (KerbalEVA eva) (at <0e87f5b31a7e43afa0664eb60835ba4b>:0)
	MSD.EvaFollower.EvaController.Load (Vessel vessel) (at <0e87f5b31a7e43afa0664eb60835ba4b>:0)
	MSD.EvaFollower.EvaController.OnPartUnpack (Part part) (at <0e87f5b31a7e43afa0664eb60835ba4b>:0)
	EventData`1[T].Fire (T data) (at <06f13185617646e5bc801baeab53ab75>:0)
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
	EventData`1:Fire(Part)
	Part:Unpack()
	Vessel:GoOffRails()
	OrbitPhysicsManager:LateUpdate()

I'm on KSP 1.11.2

14 hours ago, ktosiu said:

Something's indeed afoot:

I'm on KSP 1.11.2

As @linuxgurugamer has said many times before, details are needed how the issue came about.  And you need to upload the whole log file someplace and share the link.  To have any hope of tracking down bugs, those are needed.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @linuxgurugamer, I guess the mod is not working properly with the new version (1.11.2) 

In my case, I can select the Kerbal/group of Kerbals (the circle comes up nicely) but they don't move to the location. It also triggers the running animation of the Kerbal, but they don't leave the place. Sometimes they run a bit but suddenly became stuck. 

Here you can find my latest log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1x5Vq8N7z_g-SNOeCJv12zP-rQb9dyG2Y/view?usp=sharing

I'll be glad to provide more info if you need it.

Thank you very much for maintaining such a great mod!

Cheers

Edited by SPEKTRE
Trying to fix the link to the log

44 minutes ago, SPEKTRE said:

Hi @linuxgurugamer, I guess the mod is not working properly with the new version (1.11.2) 

In my case, I can select the Kerbal/group of Kerbals (the circle comes up nicely) but they don't move to the location. It also triggers the running animation of the Kerbal, but they don't leave the place. Sometimes they run a bit but suddenly became stuck. 

Here you can find my latest log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1x5Vq8N7z_g-SNOeCJv12zP-rQb9dyG2Y/view?usp=sharing

I'll be glad to provide more info if you need it.

Thank you very much for maintaining such a great mod!

Cheers

@SPEKTRECheck the link, it is not working

• 1 month later...

Newest release does not seem to work in 1.11.2.  You get the "Follow me" option on Kerbals, but when clicked, throws a nullref, and the Kerbal will not actually follow.  I don't think it is any compatibility issue with another mod or missing dependencies (at least, whichever dependencies the mod requires and downloads in CKAN).  I think the issue may be similar to the issue had with WalkAbout.

17 minutes ago, Kerbex said:

Newest release does not seem to work in 1.11.2.  You get the "Follow me" option on Kerbals, but when clicked, throws a nullref, and the Kerbal will not actually follow.  I don't think it is any compatibility issue with another mod or missing dependencies (at least, whichever dependencies the mod requires and downloads in CKAN).  I think the issue may be similar to the issue had with WalkAbout.

Log file, please

2 minutes ago, Kerbex said:

Okay, give me a bit, I'm going to have to reinstall EvaFollower and reload KSP so the log file isn't with random stuff that I'm doing now.

Yeah, ok.  I just tested it on 1.11.2,worked fine for me.  So you might be running into a mod conflict.  I'll look for a log tomorrow morning, don't forget to ping me in the post so I see the message

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.