My mother passed away ... so I made her a star

Azimech

Everyone grieves in his/her own way. KSP is currently my only way of expressing myself creatively.

It's a simple rocket, no need to steer, just tap stage a few times.

And it launches at dawn.

WQ3dLXP.png

End of the first stage. The fairing is released as well

Ni8yQEb.png

Enough delta-v.

KuYjPee.png

The last separation.

BrhshrF.png

evILklJ.png

@Azimech Condolence brother. Take time to think about what it changes in yoir life and how to get with it.

But the best memory for gone parents are we self. As long we remember them they stand by our side.

Edited by Urses

Y'know, some people say video games are stupid, and they can't understand that stupid is relative. Don't let anyone tell you that launching a virtual ship for your mom is dumb. It's no more dumb then burying them in a wooden box or burning them to ashes.

Although I have to ask. are those lots of lights? if so, how are they powered?

29 minutes ago, AHeroReborn said:

Y'know, some people say video games are stupid, and they can't understand that stupid is relative. Don't let anyone tell you that launching a virtual ship for your mom is dumb. It's no more dumb then burying them in a wooden box or burning them to ashes.

Although I have to ask. are those lots of lights? if so, how are they powered?

Thank you.

The construction of the star is as follows: I took a short girder and mounted radially a whole bunch of flat radiators (radiators are the best at reflecting light). Then, I autostrutted the radiators. I mounted a whole bunch of MK2 spotlights, also radially, front and aft of the radiators, shining at the right angle. Then I copied the girder and mounted it at a 45 degree angle (to the right) and autostrutted to grandparent part. Then used offset to slide it into the center of the original girder. I repeated this two more times (90 degrees and 135 degrees from the base girder). Then I did it again but mounted at a 45 degree angle upwards and again two more times. Added a probe core and a few RTG's and the star was ready.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.