llanthas

KSP 2 Would Have Microtransactions

On 11/17/2017 at 11:28 AM, John FX said:

I also think that a new game, with more `accessible` gameplay, possibly an autopilot, driven by a large marketing campaign based on the reputation of the first game would lead to a fair amount of profit before people realised it was just a dumbed down version of the first game with less modding capabilities and more cartoony graphics and simpler gameplay. At least career would be sorted.

There are millions of reasons for KSP 2, all of them are some form of currency.

I'm so utterly desensitized at this point that I can't really care about the future of KSP, but I hope for a realistic spaceflight simulator with the blessings of the real Richard M. Stallman for being 100% free software happening one day, likely never unfortunately.

I've seen this happen when Interplay first tried to dumb down their Fallout franchise with Fallout:Brotherhood of Steel, then failed and sold it to Bethesda which made it into Oblivion with Guns(Fallout 3), when the "masterpiece" action "RPG" Gothic 4: ArcaniA was made by wholly different developers after a mediocre Gothic 3 yet still a genuine RPG and the excellent Gothic 1 and 2 predecessors, when the very developers of those created a cool action RPG called Risen only to continue with poor sequels for it, when the horrible Thi4f came as a sequel to the great Thief 1 and 2 from Looking Glass and 3 from Ion Storm which was not so great but still good, when cynical companies starting deceiving fools through Kickstarters to pay for "authentic spiritual successors" of old games that don't hold a candle to the originals so they can get funds without having to share any profits to those doing the funding, when Bioshock happened as yet another inferior "spiritual successor" to System Shock 1 and 2, then ironically its sequels were accused of being "dumbed down" by some fans of the first Bioshock, just to name a few. I'm very glad there were no attempts to "remake" Arcanum: of Steamworks and Magick Obscura in a new form, accessible for "wider audiences", consoles and/or tablets and at least the legacy of the great Troika(RIP), unlike the legacy of the gone Black Isle Studios from which it originated, was left to rest in peace.

Edited by NotTheRealRMS