KSP Challenge: Destroy the KSC!

Darth Badie

This has got to be the easiest challenge ever. All I need is North Kerbin Dynamics, BD Amory, A Tsar Bomba, and a rocomax fuel tank with a mainsail engine!

Why would we want to blow up the KSC? While Kerbals and Astronauts are "expendable", nobody wants to be nuked.

12 hours ago, UranianBlue said:

This has got to be the easiest challenge ever. All I need is North Kerbin Dynamics, BD Amory, A Tsar Bomba, and a rocomax fuel tank with a mainsail engine!

Why would we want to blow up the KSC? While Kerbals and Astronauts are "expendable", nobody wants to be nuked.

Doing it isn't difficult, but topping the leaderboard will be, I hope.

Edit:  Destroying one building isn't that difficult.  Destroying everything, including the launch and and runway, in a single launch, is harder than it seems

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Cost: 624

Parts: 3

Buildings destroyed: 1

Score = 50 - 3*10 - 624/50 = 7.52

Spoiler

MCjnV3T.jpg

x6EwdPK.jpg

I did the challenge on 1.2.2 w/o any partmods - I hope that still counts :)

The scoring model makes this challenge seriously difficult I believe. Granting say 100 points per destroyed building or removing the cost factor would make a lot more solutions feasable...

Edited by Fulgora
Updated craft

27 minutes ago, Fulgora said:

The scoring model makes this challenge seriously difficult I believe. Granting say 100 points per destroyed building or removing the cost factor would make a lot more solutions feasable...

No please.  I was going to pass on this one because I thought it would be pretty easy but after 2 days of messing around I'm reading 4 year old threads about lithobraking to get an edge (none found so far).  This is a great challenge.

On 11/9/2017 at 10:04 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Destroying everything, including the launch and and runway, in a single launch, is harder than it seems

15 hours ago, Just Jim said:

I am rapidly finding this out!  :wink:

15 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

Never underestimate the power of @Just Jim !

hehe, thanks. but @linuxgurugamer is right, the runway and launch pad alone are harder than I first thought. The runway has 5 separate sections, and I'm not sure how many are on the launch pad, besides the pad itself. 

I'm not sure how many different parts there are to blow up the entire KCS... I need to do some experimenting...

Edited by Just Jim

Just now, SamBelanger said:

(can I use 1.3.0?)

I think that sound reasonable. I was just wondering if i could do 0.25 because i'm on a potato from 2004 w/ 2GB RAM. It's not my usual computer, though. That one's a potato from 2005 with 3GB RAM.

Aaaaaaaaand another major breakthrough of the Ruination & Destruction (R&D) department at the KSC  :D

Cost: 1958

Parts: 9

Buildings destroyed: 4

Score = 200 - 9*10 - 1958/50 = 70.84

Spoiler

nPuKPzg.jpg

PGquvMz.jpg

Note that the flagpole is gone as well - the fire just goes out pretty quickly due to too few explosive materials being used at the Kerbal Flagpole Construction Inc. :rolleyes:

Edited by Fulgora
Got the price wrong in the first line...

13 hours ago, Mrcarrot said:

Do you need to use the latest KSP? Or can you just use 0.25...

Sorry, no.  Either 1.3 or 1.3.1

22 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Would kerbals being shot out of a cannon count as parts?

Yes

5 hours ago, Fulgora said:

? You can use a plane but you don't have to... or did I get things wrong :confused:

#Confused

Correct.  You can use a plane, it would be a single launch.  But you don’t have to.

2 hours ago, zxv_3815 said:

Can I use infinite electric charge?:wink: 

No

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.