are eyes on the kerbal model messed up abit?

Avery616

Are kerbal eyes messed up? I have looked at kerbal models in game and it looks like one eye is more smooshed into the head than the other.  I do not know if its just the way  i looked at their model or whatnot, but if this is real then this model error could have been around for a long time.

On another note the eyes on the kerbal on the KSP curse mod page are kinda wonky. That or kerbals  have chameleon eyes

21 minutes ago, SpacedCowboy said:

This is why it's better to "eyeball" it, rather than doing the math.

I would think that would be a compelling arguement for doing the math instead of relying on eyeballing it, but maybe that's just me.

Kerbals are messed up, in many more ways besides their eyes. Readjusting both eyes to be physically identical will take away the oddball and putz like impression that I rather love then seeing readjusted.

Oh, and I believe everybody will look like 0_o for at least a while when orbiting a planet. This is not your daily routine ya know?
I would probably cry when going to space, atleast the first time. Crying like a very tough, pussyless and fearless male ofcourse, but still.

Well my issue with the eyes is that they don’t contact the face. You can see behind the eye to the far side of it. Can’t Squad push them closer to the head so this doesn’t happen? This is easily seen by panning IVA to look at another Kerbal side on. Case for the males and females.

Also the back of females heads texture doesn’t meet correctly and has a obvious break at the back of the head.

On 11/10/2017 at 7:07 AM, ARS said:

Looks normal to me, the 0_o face seems natural when you are in orbit

Wait so it only happens on zero G EVAs? So the kerbals have some sort of biological thing that comes into play in space?

Edited by Avery616

On 11/10/2017 at 6:16 PM, ZooNamedGames said:

Well my issue with the eyes is that they don’t contact the face. You can see behind the eye to the far side of it. Can’t Squad push them closer to the head so this doesn’t happen? This is easily seen by panning IVA to look at another Kerbal side on. Case for the males and females.

-snip-

Exactly.  I don't mind that they're differently sized, differently shaped, or even if they're offset in any way.  What DOES bother me is that the right eye doesn't connect to the face (quite possibly the left one as well, but I don't have any photo evidence for that).  Everything else I can ignore, in fact most of these issues give the Kerbals that goofy personality. But this floating eye geometry, however, just feels... lazy.

QtrpLVt.png

I'm guessing Squad doesn't care, but is there a mod that fixes this?

Edited by Slam_Jones

3 hours ago, Avery616 said:

Wait so it only happens on zero G EVAs? So the kerbals have some sort of biological thing that comes into play in space?

Probably. Their face seems different between zero G and non zero G environment

22 hours ago, ARS said:

Probably. Their face seems different between zero G and non zero G environment

Well there were fears that john glenns eyes would float out of his sockets during firendship 7.  So i guess kerbals have that but in reverse. So their eyes go deeper into their sockets. (except only one eye does so) How that would work in a biological standpoint idk. 

23 hours ago, Slam_Jones said:

Exactly.  I don't mind that they're differently sized, differently shaped, or even if they're offset in any way.  What DOES bother me is that the right eye doesn't connect to the face (quite possibly the left one as well, but I don't have any photo evidence for that).  Everything else I can ignore, in fact most of these issues give the Kerbals that goofy personality. But this floating eye geometry, however, just feels... lazy.

QtrpLVt.png

I'm guessing Squad doesn't care, but is there a mod that fixes this?

I feel exactly the same way. I'm ok with the misshaping but this is rediculous, especially considering this wasn't a problem of IVA in previous versions. So they made some change that broke the already functional model to cause this.

Still doesn't explain the poor texture seams on the back of female Kerbal's heads.

I drive cabview..have since 0.25

Its definately always been disconnected like this.. It just shows at some angles than others

Kind of why passenger carriages became a thing..

It popped immersion slightly

Like falling through the world in a game.. Or drowning in knee high water

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.