What the heck is flying over my area?

Vanamonde

3 hours ago, TheKosanianMethod said:

It's a top-secret aircraft under development by the US Air Force that's so slow, no plane can move slowly enough to shoot it down.

Obviously. 

And it has a higher sortie rate than the F-35. But I digress.

This is the first aircraft that came to my mind when seeing that approximation.

irMvhj1.jpg

Tough i wonder if any Cougars fly anymore as it's very old and i think one of the earliest US jets.

The other one that came to mind is the Grumman Panther witch is an upgrade of the Cougar, nut it has straight wins so it doesn't really fit the bill.

Another one that just came to mind witch might be a longshot as i think it too is a museum plane nowadays

slBlNeB.gif

It's the F-101 Voodoo.

I feel like the green color is a sign that the plane may be a museum aircraft, as green camo isn't really used by any country these days, there all just plain gray.

@Vanamonde have you checked airtraffic24 for what was recorded at the time and location? Anything civilian owned that resembles a military jet should have their transponder on. US militaries also sometimes fly with transponders on, especially when they are transiting along busy routes. So there's a decent chance that this flight was caught in the receivers.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/8/2017 at 7:25 PM, Vanamonde said:

Rough sketch. 

vvl7vQH.png

I live in mid-California, nowhere near any borders, and it's the wrong time of year for foreign visitors to air shows. So what in the world is that thing? Sorry I can't get a better view of it, but I'm only seeing it from below and from a distance. Could be single or duel engine. 

How frequently do you see it? Does it fly the same route each time you have observed it? What major airports or air bases are in your location?

Is it driven by propellers or jets? What is the color of the plane?

Edited by Exploro