[1.3.1, 1.4.3] The Spice v0.8.2 [May 10, 2018]

JadeOfMaar

3 hours ago, Daniel Prates said:

A good idea!

Perhaps spice could be returned to kerbin for a profit!  The "gold standard" mod does that, it seems a fairly easy thing to implement since you have already done everything else!

Returning spice for profit is one of the first things I considered when I started this. Try it out and let me know. :) I'm not quite sure about the Spice Gas, but I can safely say you'll get much bang for your buck with everything else.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

10 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Returning spice for profit is one of the first things I considered when I started this. Try it out and let me know. :) I'm not quite sure about the Spice Gas, but I can safely say you'll get much bang for your buck with everything else.

Oh,  that funcionality is ALREADY implemented?  I didnt know! Kudos!

18 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@Norcalplanner No comment yet? I'm saddened. :D Amended thread title. It works fine in 1.3.1

Patience, good sir. :wink:

I'm still lashed to the mast of Karborundum on my current career save, but I'm already planning the mod mix for my first 1.4.x career, and The Spice is front and center.  I'll also be ditching MKS and focusing on WBI's suite.

Hi,
I have a problem during the loading of the game, the progress got locked on /Deepsky/00deepsky/Parts/Intakes/Intake_circular/ds00_intcirc and no way to get out unless ALt+F4. The game didn't crash, simply got locked with the loading screens running well. So i installed the mod on my "test mod ksp files" with no other mod installed, it seems to get blocked as well.
For the record, I'm running the 1.4.2 version of KSP.
Did i miss something ?
Thanks for reading me.

@Rezza Goan you may have missed it (as I didn't think of it at the time). This mod requires another mod of mine, Deep Sky Core (linked in the OP). That's where the intakes are, and a couple of things shared by Spice and my other part mods.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

Thanks for the quick answer, i have visited your other thread since, and i figured, that Community resource pack and B9 part switch was needed as a dependancy for DSCore.
Sorry i didn't explain my problem well : It's DSCore  who blocked whithout CRP and B9 part switch. Although  when only The Spice was in, i could finished the loading and have marvelous unusable parts like empty shell.
I was testing that when you repplied...
Well, one problem solved, others appears, most of the spice parts disappeared in the process :( and i can't see what's in the tanks, i can switch beetween differents resources available but when i choose spice gas or SG+atm, i cannot triggered the amount of resource in the tank. I think of CRP and there is no spice in those configs files... Hot or cold ? :confused:
Regarding my mysterious disappearance of spice parts, i don't see the greenhouses, the fuel cells, the RCS thrusters, and the warpdrives neither. Sorry, non comprehensive list i don't know this mod yet.
However i'd installed the spice.

UTz5Fx1.png0H4FkZB.png

Edited by Rezza Goan

13 hours ago, Rezza Goan said:

Well, one problem solved, others appears, most of the spice parts disappeared in the process :( and i can't see what's in the tanks, i can switch beetween differents resources available but when i choose spice gas or SG+atm, i cannot triggered the amount of resource in the tank. I think of CRP and there is no spice in those configs files... Hot or cold ? :confused:

TheSpice dos not go inside the 00DeepSky folder. It goes beside it in the DeepSky (no zeroes) folder.

At the part where you can't configure SG+Atm, it's because neither of those are tweakable (while in the ship editors). It's a decision I've been thinking on for a very long time. I suppose I ultimately made the bad decision.

2 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

TheSpice dos not go inside the 00DeepSky folder. It goes beside it in the DeepSky (no zeroes) folder.

Yep, my mistake, i figure it out... Thanks

3 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

At the part where you can't configure SG+Atm, it's because neither of those are tweakable (while in the ship editors). It's a decision I've been thinking on for a very long time. I suppose I ultimately made the bad decision.

I wondered of a decision of yours, you have completely the right to do so, especialy due to the lore of this mod... I thought of a bug... I guess i have to go to Duna to make tests of those parts :sticktongue:
Thanks for your work here.

I should have mentioned this sooner and in the OP. (OP is updated now)

WBI Integration

• Some parts in MOLE, Buffalo and Pathfinder gain the upgrade ability to hold Spice
  • Four additional LDEF wedges with spice science appear for MOLE
  • Install just Wild Blue Tools and all resources will be tweakable in the editors
    • The Refinery module (KSP 1.4 only) will let you deposit to and withdraw from local caches under the KSC. (See Far Future Tech by Nertea). At launch your craft will be emptied and it will cost you :funds: in career mode to withdraw and fill your tanks.
    • Soon™ Part tips just like on first launch for several of Angel-125's parts will appear for nearly every Spice part, giving you a rundown and possibly revealing little secrets. (This will apply to Airline Kuisine and Thor Tech too.)
    • Soon™ Some engines gain Cruise Control and will let you burn while in high time warp.

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, The-Doctor said:

Can you tell me how to make a link appear with a pic?

Do you mean to have an image be a link? (Click on image ---> open web page?)

Spoiler

Once you've pasted an image link and it spawns the image in the forum, double-click it for image control options. They include adding a URL behind it.

Here is a demo ship I made that uses the engine I mentioned. The spaceplanes are SSTA and VTOL too.

9HMWiMS.jpg

wi0Eyw9.jpg

yes indeed image links, and awesome ship, I've never built such using stock parts, shame on me I know. Spice looks interesting, certainly seems to give colonization a reason and makes a lot of motivational sense, I'd have to ignore the warp drives tho

Yes click on image to open webpage

oh, I just saw what you stated. Thanks

14 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

I've never built such using stock parts, shame on me I know.

I would encourage people to build ships using mods. Mods provide parts much more appropriate for what you're building, and can save immensely on part count.

Spice will be very helpful for colonization. It can directly replenish and extend life support resources...except the Kerbalism ones. i don't mind you ignoring the warp drives. Those are for people who like to get where they're going fast. And this fusion drive is for folks who don't like warp drives (and for folks to most efficiently normalize their orbit after using a warp drive).

Edited by JadeOfMaar

14 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I would encourage people to build ships using mods. Mods provide parts much more appropriate for what you're building, and can save immensely on part count.

Spice will be very helpful for colonization. It can directly replenish and extend life support resources...except the Kerbalism ones. i don't mind you ignoring the warp drives. Those are for people who like to get where they're going fast. And this fusion drive is for folks who don't like warp drives (and for folks to most efficiently normalize their orbit after using a warp drive).

I am no longer in the colonization business, too hard for zero reward, like bases serve no purpose at all, and I am done with starships, I made two, can't make them any better, I mean, I made one able to get to 76.4% the speed of light, no one has yet to top that, I can even push it to reach light speed if  I increase the tanks size but that would be unrealistic and be too slow, so I am done with starships and interstellar missions etc, I'm just interested in having a good time playing an even more stock game than ever before, but I am waiting for gpp as I am tired of the stock system

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.