Need help with SSTU installation

Hey guys, just a first post. I recently downloaded SSTU from Curse installed it, and immediately ran into an issue where a large number of the parts added in the pack are invisible in the VAB. They have tabs, but with no model in them, and when they're placed in the construction window they don't really show up. I went and downloaded the most recent patch and that mostly resolved the issue. However, I still have a few parts missing (SSTU SC-GEN - PPC - Custom Probe Core, SSTU SC-Tank Upper Stage Common [It gets cut off], SSTU SC-Tank - MUS-T - Upper Stage Split tank, and finally PDC Custom Decoupler). Additionally MFT Spherical tank has a massive error in it where the upper sphere can't be viewed from one side.

On a sort of related note, if I right click any SSTU component, the little window comes up and I can't ever get the window to go away. It basically disables everything in the VAB save for that window.

So, I figured I did something wrong in my installation.

I unzipped everything into my gamedata folder, but judging by how little everything works, it sounds like there's either some kind of mod conflict or I messed up the install. I checked Github and couldn't find any kind of bug that sounded similar to what I'm encountering. I'm not running the optional patches if that means anything. I'm also running SSTU expansion, Tantares Soyuz/Mir and LV. And RN's Soviet Probes, Rockets, Spacecraft and Salyut, and finally Mechjeb.

I'm running the 64bit version of KSP.

Thanks in advance for the help!

I had some similar problems before. If you download and unzip the files you should put the 3 folders (SSTU, KSPWheel, CRP) and the ModuleManager.dll in the Gamedata folder.

You can look for mod incompabilities. Just uninstall all other Mods an install them one by one (If I counted right, there should only be 7 more).

2 hours ago, powellxcix said:

Hey guys, just a first post. I recently downloaded SSTU from Curse installed it, and immediately ran into an issue where a large number of the parts added in the pack are invisible in the VAB. They have tabs, but with no model in them, and when they're placed in the construction window they don't really show up. I went and downloaded the most recent patch and that mostly resolved the issue. However, I still have a few parts missing (SSTU SC-GEN - PPC - Custom Probe Core, SSTU SC-Tank Upper Stage Common [It gets cut off], SSTU SC-Tank - MUS-T - Upper Stage Split tank, and finally PDC Custom Decoupler). Additionally MFT Spherical tank has a massive error in it where the upper sphere can't be viewed from one side.

On a sort of related note, if I right click any SSTU component, the little window comes up and I can't ever get the window to go away. It basically disables everything in the VAB save for that window.

So, I figured I did something wrong in my installation.

I unzipped everything into my gamedata folder, but judging by how little everything works, it sounds like there's either some kind of mod conflict or I messed up the install. I checked Github and couldn't find any kind of bug that sounded similar to what I'm encountering. I'm not running the optional patches if that means anything. I'm also running SSTU expansion, Tantares Soyuz/Mir and LV. And RN's Soviet Probes, Rockets, Spacecraft and Salyut, and finally Mechjeb.

I'm running the 64bit version of KSP.

Thanks in advance for the help!

1.) I would recommend grabbing the latest version directly from GitHub -- the Curse version is not updated with the latest (Curse was down last time I was publishing releases).  https://github.com/shadowmage45/SSTULabs/releases/tag/0.7.38.144

2.) Make sure you are using KSP 1.3.1.

3.) If you are still having problems, please post your KSP.log file -- it will contain the necessary details to debug/diagnose what is going on.  You can upload the log to dropbox/etc, and simply post a link to it from there.  For shorter log files, PasteBin is a good alternative.

4.) Your mod list looks fine except for the 'SSTU-Expansion' -- that has not been updated in quite some time, and will only break things (like, all the things).  (note to self, remove links to the expansions until they can be updated...)

4.) Feel free to continue this conversation in the SSTU dev thread (is what it is for) if you are still running into problems.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.