My problem with bases.

So, i'm trying to make a Mun base. But i'm having i big problem with the question of assembling of the parts. 

My plan is make a rover to assemble the parts. I build the prototipe of the rover, but i'm can't dock with the parts without using brute force. Align the docking ports of the modules of the base with the docking port of the assembler rover will need of a really lot of tests. 

And when i dock with some module, when i retract the landing legs of the module, the weight of the module make the rover topple, and drive the rover with some module with the landing legs extended will be a very long mission.

So, if you have a opinion about how i can fix that problem, post here.    

Thats the biggest problem with building bases. I suggest either doing a single launch base, or use the claw grabbler. Using regular docking parts is not easy. If you are willing to use mods i suggest KIS and KAS. Those allow you to connect spacecraft, and do other fun gizmos.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.