[1.9.x] Textures Unlimited - PBR-Shader, Texture Set, and Model Loading API

Shadowmage

1 minute ago, Shadowmage said:

It does nothing by itself -- it is purely for use of mod authors, and should be bundled with the mods that intend to use it.

Edit:  But when used it does make things shiny :)

which texture mods do you know that will enable me to have shiny silver textures? It's to replicate Starship by Space X

1 minute ago, The-Doctor said:

which texture mods do you know that will enable me to have shiny silver textures? It's to replicate Starship by Space X

Unfortunately not many.  Hasn't really caught on much, and most mod authors are actively resistant to use of the shaders.  Takes a bit more work to make textures even for simple stuff, and for best effect/most consistent look everything needs to use the new shaders (and thus would need new textures), so turns into much more work than most are willing to put in for already 'finished' parts.

However there are a few around...

This mod has patches/textures for stock parts (with recoloring) --  It might seem out of date, but the patches should still work.

And my main mod has lots of semi-procedural parts that are fully recolorable -- make any color of rocket you want.  Its a huge mod though with lots of parts and textures, but can be tons of fun.

On 3/1/2019 at 8:28 PM, Shadowmage said:

Good news is that the folks from NoesisUI got back to me, stating that it should be perfectly usable from within KSP.  So now I have exactly one potentially usable UI framework to investigate (I don't consider the built in Unity UI system to be usable for KSP mods due to its necessity to compile the UIs into the application).  Not sure at this point if I'll have to purchase a license for it... but I'm willing to if I must -- whatever it takes to get a functional and usable UI framework.  Hard to believe that Unity has come this far and not addressed their terrible UIs...

Are you sure about this? to my knowledge, any UGUI item is nothing more than a simple game object with special components being added to it, should be possible to create them via any code and add components one after another, set them properly to mimic what you see by interface but this time by code !

5 hours ago, Jiraiyah said:

Are you sure about this? to my knowledge, any UGUI item is nothing more than a simple game object with special components being added to it, should be possible to create them via any code and add components one after another, set them properly to mimic what you see by interface but this time by code !

Possible?  Yes, certainly.  A metric buttload of code to write, and change for any minor changes to the UI?  Also yes.  And with KSPs long boot up times when modded, that would mean a 5+ minute round trip to see any changes made.  I've done that route before in other mods/games/projects.  It works (better for simple UIs), but it is not maintainable long term for anything beyond the simplest of UIs.

The reason I'm investigating NoesisUI (or will be investigating) is because I already use XAML based UIs at my employment, I'm familiar with the technology at many different levels, and it is config-file based for defining the UIs.  Also, it can be loaded and refreshed at runtime, so no need to wait 5 minutes to see simple changes.  Oh... and as a bonus, it can use config-defined data-binding -- so the actual code-interaction with the UI framework is minimal if proper design patterns are followed.

On 3/7/2019 at 2:54 PM, Shadowmage said:

Possible?  Yes, certainly.  A metric buttload of code to write, and change for any minor changes to the UI?  Also yes.  And with KSPs long boot up times when modded, that would mean a 5+ minute round trip to see any changes made.  I've done that route before in other mods/games/projects.  It works (better for simple UIs), but it is not maintainable long term for anything beyond the simplest of UIs.

The reason I'm investigating NoesisUI (or will be investigating) is because I already use XAML based UIs at my employment, I'm familiar with the technology at many different levels, and it is config-file based for defining the UIs.  Also, it can be loaded and refreshed at runtime, so no need to wait 5 minutes to see simple changes.  Oh... and as a bonus, it can use config-defined data-binding -- so the actual code-interaction with the UI framework is minimal if proper design patterns are followed.

I really like your mod, it's just currently fairly larger than I'm seeking for now, when I get to play rss then I sure would, I really like your habitats tho, but as it is still wip, I can't really use it without much problems happening

A few questions. Running DX11 with TU fixes the blue icons in VAB/SPH, but not all of them (such as stock and MH fairings). Anything I can do about that? And secondly, the fixed parts are MUCH darker in the list than normal, making it extremely difficult to tell parts apart, is there nothing to be done about that?

Edited by Raccoon

On 3/16/2019 at 7:06 PM, Raccoon said:

And secondly, the fixed parts are MUCH darker in the list than normal, making it extremely difficult to tell parts apart, is there nothing to be done about that?

DO you have this problem *after* you select and place a command part? Many parts cannot be placed as the first part on a craft, and these parts icons (especially the background), show up "darker", than the parts that *can* be selected as the first part of a craft... vOv

Screenshots may help.

On 3/16/2019 at 5:06 PM, Raccoon said:

A few questions. Running DX11 with TU fixes the blue icons in VAB/SPH, but not all of them (such as stock and MH fairings). Anything I can do about that? And secondly, the fixed parts are MUCH darker in the list than normal, making it extremely difficult to tell parts apart, is there nothing to be done about that?

The blue icons is a stock KSP issue when running DX11.  TU does its best to fix this problem even though it shouldn't have to get involved.  However, if you find that there are some parts that are not being 'fixed', you can add the current shader of the part and its 'fixed replacement' shader to the following list (by patch or manual edit):  https://github.com/shadowmage45/TexturesUnlimited/blob/master/GameData/000_TexturesUnlimited/Shaders/TUShaders.cfg#L66-L143

Darker icons are being caused in part by a change to lighting model.  It is to be expected with a more realistic lighting setup.  Might be fixable, if I cared... which I don't.  I thought the stock icons looked terribly washed out and overbright to begin with.

Just now, Shadowmage said:

The blue icons is a stock KSP issue when running DX11.  TU does its best to fix this problem even though it shouldn't have to get involved.  However, if you find that there are some parts that are not being 'fixed', you can add the current shader of the part and its 'fixed replacement' shader to the following list (by patch or manual edit):  https://github.com/shadowmage45/TexturesUnlimited/blob/master/GameData/000_TexturesUnlimited/Shaders/TUShaders.cfg#L66-L143

Gotcha, will investigate. It's just the fairings and a single modded part that is having the issue so it's not a big deal but I'll try to sort it out.

2 minutes ago, Shadowmage said:

Darker icons are being caused in part by a change to lighting model.  It is to be expected with a more realistic lighting setup.  Might be fixable, if I cared... which I don't.  I thought the stock icons looked terribly washed out and overbright to begin with.

I assumed as much, using LightsOut to set the VAB to night made the icons even darker. It's alright if it's something you have to attempt to fix and don't want to deal with, far from a big issue, I was just wondering if there was some easy fix I could do myself for it. Thanks for the answers.

After a saturday of fiddling with configs and NRE's, I finally got it all working:

Scatterer + EVE + PlanetShine + TR with visor reflections + KS3P + TU in KSP 1.6 on a GTX 660. Framerate is not the best, but it makes me very happy, to see this running on my aged hardware.

A big thanks to @Shadowmage for this awesome mod. I do not want to play KSP without it anymore!

Spoiler

Edited by plonk
...my stupidity

Looking for advice: I noticed, that specular highlights from the sun appear in shadowed areas. They are dimmer than in lit areas, but they are still very visible.

Is there a way to dial their intensity down when in shadow, maybe via config?

4 hours ago, plonk said:

Looking for advice: I noticed, that specular highlights from the sun appear in shadowed areas. They are dimmer than in lit areas, but they are still very visible.

Is there a way to dial their intensity down when in shadow, maybe via config?

Not really, at least not in KSP -- its a base part of the rendering engine and how lighting is calculated in Unity, esp. when reflection probes are used.  AmbientOcclusion textures provide 'baked in' information regarding specular reflections, but stock parts don't provide that texture.  Basically what would be needed to really fix the issue in a geometry-agnostic way is real-time raytracing... which is just barely starting to be a thing.

That sounds a little odd, probably because I've wrong assumptions about rendering in KSP/Unity. My first bet would have been, that the information stored in the sun's shadow map would suffice to decide if a point is lit directly by it's light or not. At least in (unoptimized) theory, shadow maps are geometry agnostic, too.

Looks great anyway.:cool:  Guess, I'll browse the Unity docs for a while, to get a rough understanding of it's rendering pipeline. Just out of curiosity.

Thanks!

On 3/24/2019 at 11:23 AM, plonk said:

My first bet would have been, that the information stored in the sun's shadow map would suffice to decide if a point is lit directly by it's light or not. At least in (unoptimized) theory, shadow maps are geometry agnostic, too.

One would think so...

But shadows and specular highlights in Unity are calculated at different points in the render pipeline, where specular highlights are based on the angle of the surface, light angle, and view angle relative to the two (diffuse lighting also works similarly, but the shadows are often enough to make the diffuse-lit area seem shaded properly).  Shadows are calculated in a different pass (from the perspective of the light), and then 'overlaid' on top of the data from surface calculations where the shadow cast by the light overlaps geometry.  So rather than the specular highlight being blocked by shadows... they just become dimmer as the shadows are overlaid on top of the precalculated surface lighting info.

(the above is a gross simplification of the render pipeline used by Unity in Forward Rendering mode, and as such may not be entirely accurate from a low-level technical perspective; if my understanding is 'completely wrong' feel free to correct me w/links to source/reference material)

I'm neither a KSP modder, nor a gpu-shader wiz of any degree, nor do I know much Unity3D specifics. But I do know pretty much of the maths and many techniques involved in CG, and I'm experienced in C-like syntaxes (A couple of years ago , I've developed some CPU based raytracing and raymarching visualisations of x-ray CT and MRT volume data [C/C++/Java], and have played a little with WebGL).

So I went on a little adventure, reading "alien code", after I've downloaded the built-in shaders' sources (here, took Version 5.4.0 built-in shaders) and digged through the code. I dug through small parts of TU to find out what it actually customises, too. Not too deeply though. Tricky, but interesting stuff. This is dragging me into a deep abyss! Curiosity kills the cat.:D

To whom it may concern, my modest findings (WARNING: might be complete BS) :

Spoiler

I guess, now I _roughly_ understand where in the built-in shader code shadows dim specular highlights, instead of turning them off completely when shadowed, or at least give the option to do this. I still do not understand why the unity developers did that, and this is just the top of things not understood. :/ But let me make a fool of myself:

It looks like at least one spot is buried in the BRD Functions, hiding behind UNITY_BRDF_PBS , e.g. BRDF1_Unity_PBS in CGIncludes/UnityStandardBDRF.cginc . Or better: It's missing there or in a caller. (which one of the BRDF's is actually used from which fragment shader, is pretty confusing when simply reading the shader codes, and depends on a whole bunch of settings - all these preprocessor conditionals can drive one crazy).

The fragment shader I've found (fragForwardBaseInternal in UnityStandardCore.cginc) uses SHADOW_ATTENUATION()(defined in AutoLight.cginc) to sample the shadow map, but does not pass the value to the UNITY_BRDF_PBS() function, and it looks as if e.g. multiplying atten with s.specColor in it's parameter list would yield unwanted side effects on the specular reflections from other terms, i.e.GI/Reflections. Don't know if it is feasible, but modifying fragment shaders and the BRDF so that atten can be passed as parameter, and applying it locally on the specular term there,  could fix the issue. Iit's no clean solution and might ruin existing shader codes, though...

half4 fragForwardBaseInternal (VertexOutputForwardBase i)
{
	FRAGMENT_SETUP(s)
#if UNITY_OPTIMIZE_TEXCUBELOD
	s.reflUVW		= i.reflUVW;
#endif

UnityLight mainLight = MainLight (s.normalWorld);
	half atten = SHADOW_ATTENUATION(i);

half occlusion = Occlusion(i.tex.xy);
	UnityGI gi = FragmentGI (s, occlusion, i.ambientOrLightmapUV, atten, mainLight);

half4 c = UNITY_BRDF_PBS (s.diffColor, s.specColor, s.oneMinusReflectivity, s.oneMinusRoughness, s.normalWorld, -s.eyeVec, gi.light, gi.indirect);
	c.rgb += UNITY_BRDF_GI (s.diffColor, s.specColor, s.oneMinusReflectivity, s.oneMinusRoughness, s.normalWorld, -s.eyeVec, occlusion, gi);
	c.rgb += Emission(i.tex.xy);

UNITY_APPLY_FOG(i.fogCoord, c.rgb);
	return OutputForward (c, s.alpha);
}

If you've read all this, please don't yell at me!

Fool mode off.

Although it's extremely interesting and tempting, I do not want it's probably not a good idea to extend this topic here in this thread, since it doesn't seem to be a TU specific topic, and I'm far from beeing an expert on shaders. It's fun anyway. Maybe someone can give a pointer / links to a better choice of thread?

Edited by plonk
space might be hard, but english is harder

5 minutes ago, plonk said:

Maybe someone can give a pointer / links to a better choice of thread?

I'm totally fine discussing shader related topics here.  Can't really think of any 'better' place on the forums, esp. if the conversation has some relevance to the functions of this mod.

7 minutes ago, plonk said:

I dug through small parts of TU to find out what it actually customises, too.

Thankfully, not much :)    TU's customizations only really extend as far as some texture sampling and color blending to adjust the output color (the whole 'recoloring' feature), with the rest of the shader being a slightly trimmed-down version of the Unity Standard shaders.  I only touch lighting calculations in my SubSurface shader implementation, and even there I don't change anything (just use the provided values differently).  So whatever you dig up on the Unity Standard shader is most likely exactly what is going on with the TU derivatives as well regarding lighting and shadows.

12 minutes ago, plonk said:

I guess, now I _roughly_ understand where in the built-in code shadows dim specular highlights instead of turning them off completely when shadowed, or at least give the option to do this. I still do not understand why the unity developers did that, and this is just the top of things not understood.

Seems like you've dug into the code side of it a bit further than I have.  I started trying to trace it through the code, and got slapped by the lack of a proper IDE for reference following across their tangled mess of .cginc files and #IFDEF preprocessor macros.  (Is there an IDE for shader code?  I've never ran across any decently functional implementations)

You might not be too far off on your proposed solution, though I'm personally unsure as to how to test it.  Fairly certain there is a way to 'modify' the built-in Unity shaders, but don't off the top of my head remember the process -- need to find where the source files are stored in a default Unity Editor installation, and likely edit those files directly.  I might investigate what the 'FragmentGI' function call is doing though -- that is where the per-fragment (pixel) output values would be calculated, and might be a more proper place to apply the specular effect modifications.

One thought stems to mind though -- the modification to a specular value for a fragment should only be done to the portion of the specular value that is attributed to the specific light source casting the shadow, and as specular reflections are very view-dependent, this adjustment factor would need to be calculated for each light source and be able to be applied to just that lights portion of the specular value.  So, at the time of specular light calculation, one would need to feed in the shadow attenuation for the light source being dealt with in order to properly modify just that light-sources specular contribution.

If it could be made to work though -- I think it would be a very worthwhile modification.  Has always bugged me to see reflections on geometry that is occluded from the light source....

On 3/26/2019 at 9:08 PM, Shadowmage said:

I'm totally fine discussing shader related topics here.  Can't really think of any 'better' place on the forums, esp. if the conversation has some relevance to the functions of this mod.

That's, great.:cool: Meanwhile I've began to read into how Unity's graphics works, but there's no way of trying things out at the moment. Sadly, spare time is rare. I didn't install Unity, or Visual Studio, yet. And if I'd do, I'd have no Idea how to set up an environment to test KSP mods and shaders.

So please let me rephrase: " Maybe someone can give a pointer / links to a condensed guide to get started modding KSP and its shaders?". :)

I started trying to trace it through the code, and got slapped by the lack of a proper IDE for reference following across their tangled mess of .cginc files and #IFDEF preprocessor macros.  (Is there an IDE for shader code?  I've never ran across any decently functional implementations)

I'm probably going to make a fool of myself again, but I've been using Notepad++ without syntax highlighting, and found out most using "search in files" so far. I didn't anticipate how deep the rabbit hole goes when I started. Should've known better. :rolleyes: All this started simply because I couldn't believe that the shadow map can't be used to inhibit the specular highlight, completely unaware of how Unity works. :D

After some searching, it seems IDE support is rare and often limited to GLSL. At least in the OSS domain. Maybe Visual Studio does a good job, since HLSL is developed by Microsoft.

You might not be too far off on your proposed solution, though I'm personally unsure as to how to test it

In the meantime, I've been reading some stuff and think the places I've found are the right ones, but changing them is wrong. Found a seemingly brilliant tutorial, which also covers the built-in shaders, and tweaking them. Now I think, modifications have to be carefully inserted into the "scriptable render pipeline" - as opposed to modify the library files. ( I've no practical experience at all in dealing with unity. So my view may be completely BS, still!)

I'm still thinking, there's hope to get rid of shadowed spec. highlights, at least in space where there's no atmosphere, having the brightest spot exactly at sun's location (as atmo reflections must not be affected by shadows).

See the aforementioned tutorials here: https://catlikecoding.com/unity/tutorials/. I think they're pretty promising.

For info on the scriptable rendering pipeline, visit: https://catlikecoding.com/unity/tutorials/scriptable-render-pipeline/

I might investigate what the 'FragmentGI' function call is doing though -- that is where the per-fragment (pixel) output values would be calculated, and might be a more proper place to apply the specular effect modifications.

In my naive read-through, I've got the impression that FragmentGI does not take atten (and therefore direct light occlusion) into any account, except returning it in the UnityGlobalIllumination struct. I did not find a place where it affects the specular highlight of the main light in any way, yet. Seems to always get down to  one of FragmentGI in UnityStandardCore.cginc and finally one of the UnityGI_* functions defined in CGIncludes/UnityGlobalIllumination.cginc

So, at the time of specular light calculation, one would need to feed in the shadow attenuation for the light source being dealt with in order to properly modify just that light-sources specular contribution

Yes, you're definitely right. But (my) KSP has only one light source supporting a shadow, the directional light of the sun. There's also a distinction between the directional "main light" and other lights in the docs and tutorials, but I'm not yet experienced enough with Unity/KSP to really judge what's going on. #ifdef (and other) overkill.:0.0: 

@Shadowmage Please nudge me towards correct directions if I'm getting things wrong. As far as Unity is concerned, I feel like an eunuch right now. I have a rough understanding of how it works, but I can't do it.

Edited by plonk

15 hours ago, plonk said:

So please let me rephrase: " Maybe someone can give a pointer / links to a condensed guide to get started modding KSP and its shaders?"

The steps are basically:

1.) Install Unity Editor
2.) Use your favorite text-editor to create .shader files.  Unity compiles these .shader files into usable shaders.  The shader files that you downloaded and are reviewing are probably the best example of these.  You might also examine the .shader files that are included in the KSPPartTools asset-pack, as these give a bit more information on what special functions are implemented and used by KSP shaders (all shaders for KSP need special handling for 'edge highlighting' and KSPs' 'fog setup').
3.) Play around in Unity Editor until your shaders work.  If they work in the Editor they should work in KSP.  The important part is to do your development work in the Editor, as it is not feasible to do the 10 minute asset bundle->launch KSP cycle just for testing.
4.) Pack your final .shader files into an AssetBundle.  Unity will compile binary versions of the shaders and include them in the bundle depending upon your current graphics API settings in your editor.
5.) In a KSP mod plugin, use some code to load the asset bundle, extract the compiled shaders, and then us them for creation of materials.  This is one part where KSP is not really compatible with external shaders -- any use of them has to be done through plugin code, as internally KSP only uses Shader.Find() for lookups, and that function will never find and return shaders loaded from asset bundles.

Basic details on surface shaders can be found here : https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/SL-SurfaceShaders.html

Which is about the extent of the reliable references I was able to find when I was learning this stuff.  You can try googling for 'Unity Customized Standard Shader' and that might return more info about specifically editing the standard shader internals.

After some searching, it seems IDE support is rare and often limited to GLSL

Yeah, I've never found one.  Currently I use Notepad++ with a customized/modified C++ language spec to support some shader-specific syntax and keywords.  Its brutal trying to trace things through the Unity shaders without 'find reference' support...

In the meantime, I've been reading some stuff and think the places I've found are the right ones, but changing them is wrong. Found a seemingly brilliant tutorial, which also covers the built-in shaders, and tweaking them. Now I think, modifications have to be carefully inserted into the "scriptable render pipeline" - as opposed to modify the library files. ( I've no practical experience at all in dealing with unity. So my view may be completely BS, still!)

I've no experience with the SRP myself, but you may be correct -- if this is adjusting low level functions of the rendering, it may well need to be inserted into the Unity rendering stack somehow.  If I'm understanding things correctly -- this might even allow it to be a 'generic' solution that worked for all shaders instead of just specific ones with the 'fixed' code.

so does this mod have the capability of changing the base color of parts like in spore or garrys mod or is this diferent because I made a ship from an anime film called interstella 5555... specifically I made a recreation of this ship tumblr_inline_n4oq08HPM21swz393.png

(yes it is guitar shaped) and I want to give it the signature blue and yellow paintjob however no mod so far allows for coloring individual parts like in spore or gmod(you would think color alteration would be a simple thing) so if anyone could point me in the direction of a full color tool mod I would be extremely thankful because it is something ksp desperately needs for a bit of extra flair

On 4/5/2019 at 6:14 AM, mindseyemodels said:

so does this mod have the capability of changing the base color of parts

Not really, but some kind of. You need to prepare mask images and config files for the parts though. See another Mod, namely TU Stock Recolor which is part of the TU Recolor Depot available here:

Spoiler

It comes with a simple GUI that enables you to tint (not replace) colors, adjust reflectivity and metalness in the VAB/SPH. It's not too comfortable to work with, but it does the job.

Here's a screenie of TU + TU Stock Recolor in action, running on my old GTX660. I've assigned the chrome, grey and green colors using Stock Recolor's unified switching GUI.

Spoiler

t1ZAsWx.jpg

Here is an example of a mask, converted from dds (TURD\TU_Stock_Recolour\Command\MK2 Cockpit Standard\131_mk2Cockpit_Standard_Paint.dds) to png (via tga):

Spoiler

vibr92K.png

There are 3 recolorable areas here. Similar to how kerbpaint (I think it was) did it.

Once you've got the masks set up, you need to either add a config patch or directly modify 141_Standardised_Recolour.cfg to add TU Stock Recolor functionality to each of your parts.

If you want to create masks for stock parts, have a look at DDS Utilites here https://developer.nvidia.com/legacy-texture-tools. You can use  readdtx.exe to convert dds textures to tga, and nvdtx.exe to convert back to dds format.

Hope this helps.

On 4/3/2019 at 4:00 PM, Shadowmage said:

The steps are basically: [snip]

Thank you very much for your reply! I've got VS 2017 and Unity running, and even step debugging of my first "hello world" mod is working in VS, when running it in KSP, too. Now the hard part is getting into unity, and understand how it interops with KSP and Mods. Luckily there are lots of mods to dissect, like for example TU:cool:. This will take it's time, but I think I am on track.

Will report back, as soon as I've managed to modify the shaders/SRP and use them in KSP (, or completely fail  at it for some weeks).

28 minutes ago, plonk said:

Not really, but some kind of.

Actually, if the features of TU are used properly, then yes, this mod allows for full recoloring of parts.  Complete and full user control over the base color of a part, with support for up to three different 'sections' per part (actually, it is unlimited on a part, but only three per each mesh/material).  For examples of this see SSTU -- the parts in that mod are fully re-colorable, not just tinted.

Nobody else has tried to use it properly though, which is why you end up with the 'tinting' setup used by other mods.  Mostly because to 'use it properly' requires actual work be put into creation of the masks and color normalization parameters, work that nobody wants to put forth.

On 4/4/2019 at 10:14 PM, mindseyemodels said:

so does this mod have the capability of changing the base color of parts like

So, does this mod provide 'plug-and-play' recoloring of stock/other mods parts without any additional work?  No.

Can it, provided proper textures and configs, allow for recoloring of any part?  Yes.

6 hours ago, Shadowmage said:

Actually, if the features of TU are used properly, then yes, this mod allows for full recoloring of parts.  Complete and full user control over the base color of a part, with support for up to three different 'sections' per part (actually, it is unlimited on a part, but only three per each mesh/material).  For examples of this see SSTU -- the parts in that mod are fully re-colorable, not just tinted.

Nobody else has tried to use it properly though, which is why you end up with the 'tinting' setup used by other mods.  Mostly because to 'use it properly' requires actual work be put into creation of the masks and color normalization parameters, work that nobody wants to put forth.

So, does this mod provide 'plug-and-play' recoloring of stock/other mods parts without any additional work?  No.

Can it, provided proper textures and configs, allow for recoloring of any part?  Yes.

oh... you think you could intergrate the textures unlimited recolor depot support for the following mod categories? procedural wings, prakasa aeroworks, B9 aerospace(including its procedural wings), deep sky, dr jet's chop shop, and structural tubing... I need those mods to have support with some form of support for textures unlimited recolor depot if you can contact the developer of that mod... the reason I specified those mods is because my guitar ship uses those mods for parts and I want to give it the paintjob In the pic(really the only stock parts I have on that ship are wheels, control surfaces, airbrakes, and a few surface mounted structural attachment points for two engines) 

12 hours ago, mindseyemodels said:

oh... you think you could intergrate the textures unlimited recolor depot support for the following mod categories? procedural wings, prakasa aeroworks, B9 aerospace(including its procedural wings), deep sky, dr jet's chop shop, and structural tubing... I need those mods to have support with some form of support for textures unlimited recolor depot if you can contact the developer of that mod... the reason I specified those mods is because my guitar ship uses those mods for parts and I want to give it the paintjob In the pic(really the only stock parts I have on that ship are wheels, control surfaces, airbrakes, and a few surface mounted structural attachment points for two engines) 

So, basically, you are asking me to do all of the work for you on re-texturing hundreds of parts across multiple different massive modpacks (none of which I made, or even use, half of which I don't even know what they are)?

Umm.. No.  Just no.

How about -- if it is truly that big of a deal for you -- put forth the effort and do it yourself?.  Should only take a few hundred hours worth of work.

Or alternatively, you can hire me to do the texturing work, but as I actively hate doing it, you probably won't like the cost (esp. not for hundreds of hours of work)....

On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 10:23 AM, Shadowmage said:

So, basically, you are asking me to do all of the work for you on re-texturing hundreds of parts across multiple different massive modpacks (none of which I made, or even use, half of which I don't even know what they are)?

Umm.. No.  Just no.

How about -- if it is truly that big of a deal for you -- put forth the effort and do it yourself?.  Should only take a few hundred hours worth of work.

Or alternatively, you can hire me to do the texturing work, but as I actively hate doing it, you probably won't like the cost (esp. not for hundreds of hours of work)....

ok lets face facts... you guys have all the experience... and I had trouble making a SIMPLE part mod with a simple texture that I forgot to make a backup of and it promptly got deleted due to my carelessness... no way I would be ABLE to do what you are talking about without laymans terms level step by step instructions with pics to show me what to do and exactly how to do it

Edited by mindseyemodels