[1.9.x] Textures Unlimited - PBR-Shader, Texture Set, and Model Loading API

Shadowmage

I'm sorry if this has been addressed, but I have a bit of an issue with performance.  It started after I installed Dr. Jet's Chop Shop, but I noticed something more.  My log file is spammed with errors.  Mostly

[LOG 11:56:35.300] ERROR: Could not locate model: ChopShop/Science/model while applying KSP_MODEL_SHADER with name of: ChopShop_Metal

Referring to that.  It's a LONG list so if you want to look at my log file I'd be glad to upload it and paste a link.  Anyway it may not even be this mod but I'm hoping to get some help.  I'm sorting through and trying to illuminate any mods causing major issues that could drop fps (without decreasing the beauty of all the mods I've installed lmao).  I might be in trouble  on that end in which case I'll just live with it :P  Too many mods to sort through and I"m sure I've got a conflict or two to work out, and I'm no modder. :P

Hey @Shadowmage, I've been playing with adding building ground scatters.

Would reflective window textures for scatter objects ever be possible with this mod, or maybe another? Groundscatter objects are not .mu files, just .obj, if that makes any difference. I don't really know anything about modeling or texturing, these models were created by another user, apparently with a blender addon, that looks pretty simple.

screenshot33

screenshot61

Would reflective windows just be a crazy crazy idea with this many surfaces?

4 hours ago, GuessingEveryDay said:

Wow! What mod is that?!

Im using building models from Ecumenopolis for proof of concept. I’d like to make my own models and more stock ish textures, but I’m a noob in that department.

Edited by Nightside

I noticed that applying different materials to separate meshes in model do not work if part uses  

MODULE
  {
    name = ModulePartVariants

}

Is there any way to overcome that other than creating patch to replace if with B9 part switcher?  

Using B9 resolves issue, but it is very inconvenient.

Edited by Battou

I read that EVE clouds are supported after all? But I have strange issue with reflecting atmosphere when in orbit. In reflection its like atmosphere sphere object is partially disappear closer to craft. Here is a screenshot. Any way to fix it? Already tried to force dx11.

25UlLWH.jpg

1 hour ago, Battou said:

Is there a way to assign to _MetallicGlossMap a texture that is unique to every used model but have same name. So every model in KSP_MODEL_SHADER used its own  _MetallicGlossMap texture? 

Not sure what you mean. Do you want each instance of a part to have its own map? That's not possible, but what could be done is making multiple texture sets pointing to different metallic maps. Not exactly 'unique for every mesh', but close enough, I suppose.

5 minutes ago, Delay said:

Not sure what you mean. Do you want each instance of a part to have its own map? That's not possible, but what could be done is making multiple texture sets pointing to different metallic maps. Not exactly 'unique for every mesh', but close enough, I suppose.

No. I mean something like that:

KSP_MODEL_SHADER
{

model = Squad/Parts/Command/mk2CockpitInline/model
    model = Squad/Parts/Command/mk2CockpitStandard/model 
    model = Squad/Parts/Utility/mk2CrewCabin/model     

MATERIAL
    {
        shader = SSTU/PBR/Metallic

inheritTexture = _MainTex
        inheritTexture = _BumpMap
        inheritTexture = _Emissive

texture = _MetallicGlossMap, metalSmoothness  

PROPERTY
        {
            name = _Metal
            float = 0.20
        }
        PROPERTY
        {
            name = _Smoothness
            float = 0.80
        }
        PROPERTY
        {
            name = _Detail
            float = 0.9
        }
        PROPERTY
        {
            name = _Shininess
            float = 0.85
        }
    }

}

And so each "mode" used "metalSmoothness " texture file from their folder

12 hours ago, Andrew Fellows said:

Did i miss out on where this install goes in relation to KSP game file?

In the GameData folder, like other mods.

Please post a screenshot of the contents of GameData if you aren’t sure.

Edited by Nightside

Hello, I have an issue. In VAB I can see the transparency of wing, but in flight, it has none. I have forced dx11. Any possible sollutions or help please?

Using 1.8.1 and  1.5.9.24

SYz0otj.png

WsTcseL.png

Edited by Toonu

1 hour ago, Grem said:

Toonuimportant that the Reflection Refresh Mode in the games graphics options is set to anything other than OFF

Works like a charm! It should be written somewhere in the OP, because I haven't knew until now there is this setting ingame. :huh:

Right, so I patched these ladders and now their emissive map doesn't show up. The dark markers and the "Step here" text should actually should be glowing orange.
FwI9Zkx.png

Path is correct, name is correct. I made sure "texture = Emissive," is without typos and I tried removing the alpha, which has turned out to solve these kinds of emissive problems on two command pods.

Here's code in question:

KSP_TEXTURE_SET
{
	name = Ladders
	MATERIAL
	{
		shader = TU/Metallic
		PROPERTY
		{
			name = _Metal
			float = 0.7
		}
		texture = _MainTex, VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/DockingPorts/ladder_CLR
		texture = _Emissive, VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/DockingPorts/ladder_LUM
		texture = _MetallicGlossMap, TexturesUnlimited_VSR/Textures/Utility/Ladders_SPC
	}
}

@PART[SMLadderUtility|MedLadderUtility|LGLadderUtility|ladder1|MedLadder|LongLadder]:FOR[TU_VSR]:NEEDS[VenStockRevamp]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = KSPTextureSwitch
		textureSet = Ladders
	}
}

Anyone with VSR can verify that is the correct path and filename, at least for the 1.6.1 compatible version of the mod. I look forward to updating everything to 1.9 already, but that's the price you pay for taking month long breaks.

Edited by Delay
didn't proofread

3 hours ago, Emilius73 said:

Could someone PLEASE make a Restock config for these. PLEASE!

magpie has restock cfg, but it's in extra folder so you have to install manually

Edited by ssd21345

• 2 weeks later...

Is this expected behaviour? (No Star reflections, cloud reflection seems to be a square smaller than the atmosphere/planet) - I think this is more to do with this particular model being a spherical mirror, parts that don't have a mirror like config look great)

ZYnBDjO.jpg

Edited by Bellabong