[1.9.x] Textures Unlimited - PBR-Shader, Texture Set, and Model Loading API

Shadowmage

I can't get this to work, am trying to use it with astro's visual pack but no matter what i try it doesn't work, im not sure if it's because i didn't install it properly somehow. any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

@Shadowmage

Okay, I installed TU, and this keeps happening both in my main game, and on this Game File that I'm trying to diagnose. Does anyone know what's causing this? I've got nothing installed other than B9Part Switch, Textures Unlimited, Tundra Exploration's BFR as a Test Bed, and the Squad Expansions in 1.8.1.
gwFYHvS.png

Here's the log file.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lnh16ui1csr5jon/KSP TU BUG.log?dl=0

9 hours ago, davidy12 said:

@Shadowmage

Okay, I installed TU, and this keeps happening both in my main game, and on this Game File that I'm trying to diagnose. Does anyone know what's causing this? I've got nothing installed other than B9Part Switch, Textures Unlimited, Tundra Exploration's BFR as a Test Bed, and the Squad Expansions in 1.8.1.

You mean the craft turns black?

41 minutes ago, davidy12 said:

Yes

Have you turned on real time reflections in the stock game options?

(generally, black reflections means the stock system is disabled; and as TU leverages the stock reflection system for its shaders, having it disabled also kills all of TUs shader)

49 minutes ago, Shadowmage said:

(generally, black reflections means the stock system is disabled; and as TU leverages the stock reflection system for its shaders, having it disabled also kills all of TUs shader)

Got it

Edited by davidy12

23 minutes ago, Shadowmage said:

Is it all working properly for you now?  (just wanted to make sure there wasn't an issue that needed further attention)

It's working. But I'm curious why reflections work in the VAB when reflections are off.

7 minutes ago, davidy12 said:

It's working. But I'm curious why reflections work in the VAB when reflections are off.

The VAB/SPH mode is different from the regular game mode for some reason. It's why Squad's own shiny probe cores wound up looking dull upon launch.

36 minutes ago, davidy12 said:

27 minutes ago, Beetlecat said:

The VAB/SPH mode is different from the regular game mode for some reason. It's why Squad's own shiny probe cores wound up looking dull upon launch.

Correct.  SQUAD supplied a pre-made reflection map for the VAB and SPH scenes rather than using run-time reflection probe rendering; however, they did not 'bake' the map properly which is why there is a difference in reflection quality between editor and flight scenes.

Guys, I had this working fine and then I let my game update to 1.10, realized my mistake and did not open the game, reverted it to 1.9.1 and now it doesn't work. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, used CKAN, Github...I can't seem to get it back. Any clue what may be causing this? After playing with this and going back to stock...it's...it's not the same and I am less interested in the game. I want to fix this. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know where this problem belong but if you use texture unlimited with b9 proc wing proc wings parts would be invisible. ~5 People reported problem on b9 proc wing thread so I take a shot to here. Anyone know why?

Edit: I didnt notice the Yuubari's post lol

Edited by ssd21345

• 2 weeks later...

I've been messing around with this for some weeks now, making some configs for Restock, but I'm too stupid to figure out how to enable it for stock fairings and engine shrouds. Can't really find anything recent on it either. Anyone know how to do it?

5 hours ago, SealEgg said:

I've been messing around with this for some weeks now, making some configs for Restock, but I'm too stupid to figure out how to enable it for stock fairings and engine shrouds. Can't really find anything recent on it either. Anyone know how to do it?

Have you looked at MagPie Mods? I don't think they were able to get it to work on stock fairings

Hi!

I was trying out the MagPie mod, but ran into a bug with the the texture of the USI MKS modules:

https://imgur.com/qvoAAxx

Basically, only one module of a given diameter for the tundra series had the side texture loaded, all the other ones just had black rectangles instead of the regular function pictogramms. I dug a bit in the cfg files (0 knowledge tho!) and thought that the models were only loaded once, since they all use the base models. Is there a way to fix this?

•  

• 3 weeks later...

I'm using this on 1.10.1. I am getting a NullReferenceException:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at KSP.UI.Screens.ApplicationLauncher.RemoveModApplication (KSP.UI.Screens.ApplicationLauncherButton button) [0x00029] in <948fceea813942b7ac6b6d1b2dc2d0a3>:0 
  at KSPShaderTools.Addon.TexturesUnlimitedDebug.Awake () [0x000b9] in <d05d146f0f32458d9a30cf17e61f35a8>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.GameObject:Internal_AddComponentWithType(Type)
UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
AddonLoader:StartAddon(LoadedAssembly, Type, KSPAddon, Startup)
AddonLoader:StartAddons(Startup)
AddonLoader:OnLevelLoaded(GameScenes)
AddonLoader:OnSceneLoaded(Scene, LoadSceneMode)
UnityEngine.SceneManagement.SceneManager:Internal_SceneLoaded(Scene, LoadSceneMode)

But everything seems to work fine. (My Player.log, just in case: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1q9W-ocaPuA2Ek87ZoNyEAuo8_2ZA35_o/view?usp=sharing)

I had underestimated this mod because I thought it would have a big impact on the performance, and would need lots of work to make a cool texture/part, but now I've installed and find it amazing

I love creating detailed moon lander, and reflective fuel tanks

Btw, can you make some kind of patch to make it compatible with restock? Can't have them both installed at the same time, restock makes this mod useless, because we don't have the "appearance" or variant for it

Actually I think I should've asked the restock's owner, because maybe he would be able to give the player an option to use stock variants

14 hours ago, Neil Kermstrong said:

Actually I think I should've asked the restock's owner, because maybe he would be able to give the player an option to use stock variants

Yup, you should. It's not Shadowmage's job, he is not maintaining restock.

On 7/22/2020 at 5:20 PM, Shadowmage said:

Where do I find that setting? In graphics settings, I only have "Reflection Refresh Mode" and "Reflection Texture Resolution" (KSP 1.9.1)