[1.9.x] Textures Unlimited - PBR-Shader, Texture Set, and Model Loading API

Shadowmage

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there ! Texture Unlimited that I've been using it for a long time, with TURD :)

Now I come with a weird glitch based on an exotic KSP install, so I would understand if there is no known answer / you don't want to bother with such specific situation.

- KSP 1.10.1 (yeah, already not the officially supported version but it works :p)

- Using BDAc with the specific Runway Project version : somehow, it has a dogfight option that comes very handy, in CameraTools ! :)

- Using quite a lot of graphics mods, like AVP, DOE, PlanetShine, EngineLightRelit, etc etc.

- TU and TURD that work even if I'm in 1.10.1.

- The issue now : I'm using the last version of CameraTools 1.14.0 and this is where things are gettind weird.

kJdsDPc.png

Now, the problem :

Everything works fine except that when activating the CameraTools, whatever the options, I got dark surfaces. Like every parts that has Shiny Effect thanks to Texture Unlimited, became darker after half a second.

Here, the usual look without CameraTools activated :

jKDvctE.png

Here, the CameraTools issue :

7J54731.png

Here, I activated the CameraTools and took an immediate Screenshot (through the ground, yeah, bad composition haha) :

T2RlXsq.png

And like juuuuust after, maybe a third of a second, I got this :

ezMc8mj.png

Do you have any idea of how I could solve this issue ?

• 1 month later...

hello, i noticed that with texture unlimited only shows a slider option for stock and a few mods, but for this mod, in particular https://github.com/CarnationRED/B9-PWings-Fork/releases/tag/1.0.0B, (or similar) there was no slider like that of an option of bob ross paints.....is there a file i am missing?

also, is there any  chance that mods like  mk2 expansion and eskandare industries parts would be combatable with Texture Unlimited mod?

Edited by Komander Faul

9 hours ago, Komander Faul said:

hello, i noticed that with texture unlimited only shows a slider option for stock and a few mods, but for this mod, in particular https://github.com/CarnationRED/B9-PWings-Fork/releases/tag/1.0.0B, (or similar) there was no slider like that of an option of bob ross paints.....is there a file i am missing?

also, is there any  chance that mods like  mk2 expansion and eskandare industries parts would be combatable with Texture Unlimited mod?

That's with the TURD. Full name is Textures Unlimited Recolour Depot. Unfortunate acronym, but that's the one that will allow you to customize your crafts' colors.

4 hours ago, GuessingEveryDay said:

That's with the TURD. Full name is Textures Unlimited Recolour Depot. Unfortunate acronym, but that's the one that will allow you to customize your crafts' colors.

I understand.... I was wondering if I should pm the op of TURD in order to have the said parts be metal like

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for great mod! may i ask you a question? 1. Does this mod compatible with Restock or Ven's Stock revamp? 2. How to save color config for each parts? for example, if i want to use MK1 command pod as 'It's all shiny!', then should i change appearance setting every time i pick it up?

Just downloaded this and a handful of packs from TURD, but none of the parts are showing a recolor button in the right-click options menu. Running v1.10.1 with a bunch of mods installed, but none mentioned in this topic to cause known interference.

Edit: Turns out I'm just incredibly unobservant and didn't notice the "appearance" selector that adds the button. 

Edited by Friefall
Explained in post.

• 4 weeks later...

There's a NullReferencException related to this mod in my 1.11 save:

Spoiler

LOG 14:32:27.056] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'EditorReflectionUpdate' from assembly 'TexturesUnlimited'
[LOG 14:32:27.056] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'TexturesUnlimitedDebug' from assembly 'TexturesUnlimited'
[EXC 14:32:27.059] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    KSP.UI.Screens.ApplicationLauncher.RemoveModApplication (KSP.UI.Screens.ApplicationLauncherButton button) (at <f8bc9e2b903e48a5b248ab0083c07c62>:0)
    KSPShaderTools.Addon.TexturesUnlimitedDebug.Awake () (at <d05d146f0f32458d9a30cf17e61f35a8>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
    AddonLoader:StartAddon(LoadedAssembly, Type, KSPAddon, Startup)
    AddonLoader:StartAddons(Startup)
    AddonLoader:OnLevelLoaded(GameScenes)
    AddonLoader:OnSceneLoaded(Scene, LoadSceneMode)
    UnityEngine.SceneManagement.SceneManager:Internal_SceneLoaded(Scene, LoadSceneMode)

I am running ksp 1.11.1 on linux (so using opengl/vulcan).  The shaders are not working correctly (yes reflections are enabled).  Looking back in the thread it looks like the last time this happened (early 2020) the shaders needed to be recompiled.   Could they need another recompile?

TIA

On 2/1/2021 at 12:49 AM, Apelsin said:

There's a NullReferencException related to this mod in my 1.11 save:

Hide contents

LOG 14:32:27.056] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'EditorReflectionUpdate' from assembly 'TexturesUnlimited'
[LOG 14:32:27.056] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'TexturesUnlimitedDebug' from assembly 'TexturesUnlimited'
[EXC 14:32:27.059] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    KSP.UI.Screens.ApplicationLauncher.RemoveModApplication (KSP.UI.Screens.ApplicationLauncherButton button) (at <f8bc9e2b903e48a5b248ab0083c07c62>:0)
    KSPShaderTools.Addon.TexturesUnlimitedDebug.Awake () (at <d05d146f0f32458d9a30cf17e61f35a8>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
    AddonLoader:StartAddon(LoadedAssembly, Type, KSPAddon, Startup)
    AddonLoader:StartAddons(Startup)
    AddonLoader:OnLevelLoaded(GameScenes)
    AddonLoader:OnSceneLoaded(Scene, LoadSceneMode)
    UnityEngine.SceneManagement.SceneManager:Internal_SceneLoaded(Scene, LoadSceneMode)

Getting the same exception in 1.10.1 version. 

Running KSP 1.11.0, I'm having an issue with the Shuttle Orbiter Construction Kit's decals displaying incorrectly:

Spoiler

N60G8yz.png

It seems like the game is having trouble loading the transparent layers on the .dds files, and was pointed here. I run configs from Magpie Mods, so it could have something to do with that.  Any ideas/tips? I can edit .dds files if necessary.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/8/2021 at 1:37 AM, Kerbaderp said:

If parts have variants, is it possible to make some shiny and others less shiny (or turn off TU for some variants)? Or is TU for variants either on or off?

Thanks.

I don't really think so, as far as I know, all the parts were considered as one "part" group in the code, and it would require a lot of time for the modder to use separate codes for every single part, but anyway it depends on the modder.

Edited by RandomKerbal

On 3/17/2021 at 8:58 AM, Kerbaderp said:

Ok, thanks. 

I've noticed TU doesn't affect fairings. I guess there is also no workaround for this?

You might have to use mods that provides fairing panels as a part, with TU support. Maybe Procedural Fairings"?

Hello, i want to find a shader for 1.11 that makes parts shiny. I've tried one that i found, but it was made for 1.4
it seemed to work ok, but a lot of parts were missing from it, and it wasn't very reflective. i sadly haven't been able to find any pbr shaders for 1.9 or newer, and i dont really know how i would go about making one or modifying one.  Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/9/2021 at 9:43 PM, determinationmaster said:

Please help! I don't understand how to use this mod! nothing happens when i download it from ckan.

This mod alone does nothing. Read the first slines on page 1. You need a mod which use Textures unlimited like SSTU or other mods with shiny parts or you write your own config for parts.