[1.9.x] Textures Unlimited - PBR-Shader, Texture Set, and Model Loading API

Shadowmage

Hello community. I've noticed that a few colored metals are not present in the configuration files. Here are my very humble suggestions.

• Copper (appliable to Poodle's nozzles) 
  • Rust (kinda metal)

In ColorPresets.cfg that would be

KSP_COLOR_PRESET
{
    name = copper
    title = Copper Metallic
    color = 190, 85, 50
    specular = 176
    metallic = 255
}

and

PRESET_COLOR_GROUP
{
    name = Metallics
    color = brass
    color = bronze
    color = gold
    color = platinum
    color = silver
    color = steel
    color = copper
}

For Rust I have an issue because I can't find the Detail% identifier in the cfg file. I've tried with detail, no success. Rust would be

KSP_COLOR_PRESET
{
    name = rust
    title = Rust Metallic
    color = 171, 71, 0
    specular = 0
    metallic = 79
    detail% = 444
}

@Shadowmage is it possible to configure this parameter from the configuration file? If yes what is its variable name? 

Thank you for supporting this mod!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello! I have an issue which might be just me but any metallic or reflective parts or colors (for instance gold foiled fuel tanks or Tundra Exploration Starship) are colored either really dark or entirely black. Now my pc isn't the best, but I don't know what might be causing this. I would love to know what I can do to fix this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Right, how do you stop textures unlimited from making every single part shiny? I have a radiator panel and its supposed to be white but instead its shiny metal. This has happened to nearly every part in the game and idk how to fix this. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I have been using this mod for a while now because Tundra Exploration makes use of it for shiny starships.

However (this happened before the 1.12 update) Textures unlimited has seemed to stop working for me. Reflection refresh is set to every frame, so is reflection resolution set to max. I've have reinstalled both Tundra and Textures unlimited but to no avail. All help is appreciated. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks. This is a really great mod. Though i have experiencing a slight hiccup. I'm a noob at coding and I downloaded the TU 1.9 mod for 1.12. And most parts including DLC didn't really work with the mod. Is there any way to apply the mod for the new parts and the dlc parts? 

1 hour ago, KㅤSㅤP said:

Thanks. This is a really great mod. Though i have experiencing a slight hiccup. I'm a noob at coding and I downloaded the TU 1.9 mod for 1.12. And most parts including DLC didn't really work with the mod. Is there any way to apply the mod for the new parts and the dlc parts? 

Not provided with TU itself.  This is mostly a 'framework' for other modders to use.

At one point several others had started creating configs for the stock + DLC parts (basic retextures, full retextures, full recoloring masks, etc), but I'm a bit out-of-touch and do not know the current compatibility status or location of those mods.  Hopefully someone else can respond with that info :)

• 1 month later...

The difference between configs that mass config parts and actual proper textures is amazing. After getting frustrated with the effects  just model config mod (transparent stuff wasn't transparent, too many mismatches in colours between parts and deviation from the original colours etc.) I decided to make my own textures. 

ypPzh1v.jpg

TzreE4K.png

More Atlas stuff

Spoiler

unknown.png

screenshot136.png

zkyIP9e.png

unknown.png

Titan IIIE/Centaur

Spoiler

n0g4tOC.png

IK4Rmz6.png

lNNL0oh.png

sKbNLbg.png

Edited by Bellabong

15 hours ago, Bellabong said:

The difference between configs that mass config parts and actual proper textures is amazing. After getting frustrated with the effects  just model config mod (transparent stuff wasn't transparent, too many mismatches in colours between parts and deviation from the original colours etc.) I decided to make my own textures. 

ypPzh1v.jpg

TzreE4K.png

More Atlas stuff

Hide contents

unknown.png

screenshot136.png

zkyIP9e.png

unknown.png

Titan IIIE/Centaur

Hide contents

n0g4tOC.png

IK4Rmz6.png

lNNL0oh.png

sKbNLbg.png

These are stunning , will they be something to be released ?

8 hours ago, Puggonaut said:

These are stunning , will they be something to be released ?

Yeah! Just m,aking enough textures so things don't look too awkward. Once I've refined the Titan and the Centaur then a little pack of Atlas/Agena/Titan/Centaur will be posted on the forums.

If you're impatient, In releases you'll find the Atlas and Agena whilst downloading the git will net you the Titan and Centaur as well - https://github.com/Bellabong/Bella_TU

12 hours ago, Bellabong said:

Yeah! Just m,aking enough textures so things don't look too awkward. Once I've refined the Titan and the Centaur then a little pack of Atlas/Agena/Titan/Centaur will be posted on the forums.

If you're impatient, In releases you'll find the Atlas and Agena whilst downloading the git will net you the Titan and Centaur as well - https://github.com/Bellabong/Bella_TU

Not impatient at all , but I am grateful for the link . Take as long as you need to refine this add on , it's very cool so thank you .

23 hours ago, Bellabong said:

Is it normal for the Titan and Centaur configs not to appear. Also these are absolutely gobstopping. Maybe you could combine these with BDBNIC to replace the existing shiny atlas textures?

On 9/6/2021 at 11:14 PM, SpaceFace545 said:

Is it normal for the Titan and Centaur configs not to appear. Also these are absolutely gobstopping. Maybe you could combine these with BDBNIC to replace the existing shiny atlas textures?

Yeah, for Titan and Centaur you'd have to download the git version of the mod - the reason Titan and Centaur aren't included in the gif is because I'll be making changes that could potentially break crafts. The Atlas is fully integrated with the liveries from NIC and the configs of Agena/Titan integrate with the Delta Blue BDBNIC textures (if they're present, they incorporated into the TU texture switch menu, Atlas liveries don't require BDBNIC).

The reason the Titan isn't in the zip yet is because I want to cut down its file size - all of its recolours could be represented by recolouring masks instead of having an entire set of metallic textures for each livery. Planning to have some fun with that and the Centaur this weekend :)