[1.9.x] Textures Unlimited - PBR-Shader, Texture Set, and Model Loading API

Shadowmage

17 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

That was with -force-glcore

Strange, that is what I use for dev purposes...

As I'm unable to reproduce it, please open an issue ticket and include a KSP.log file (you can drag + drop it right into the issue ticket text box to upload).  This one might need a bit of detective work to figure out ;)

4 minutes ago, Agustin said:

where do I download the 1.3.1 version?

Probably this one -- https://github.com/shadowmage45/TexturesUnlimited/releases/tag/1.0.0.8

But I make no guarantees.  Either way, all of the old releases are available on GitHub, but I offer zero support for anything but the latest versions.

7 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

Where are the settings of TexturesUnlimitedFX stored?

They aren't stored anywhere yet.  Its still in development.

2 hours ago, alexus said:

Where is TexturesUnlimitedFX ??

Dev branch of the github repo.  But as stated above, I'm not offering any support for it yet, as it is still very early in its development.

2 hours ago, Thorn_Ike said:

Hi,

I tried running TURD, but I can't change textures of stock parts. I installed TURD by potting its folder in GameData. Did I do something wrong?

You also need to install Textures Unlimited (separate folder within GameData)?

As a total noob in creating configs for TU I'm struggling in creating a proper config for a solar panel ...

TU/Metallic or TU/Specular?

I have a transparent texture which is totally white where the blue panel segments are ...
Can I use this for some professional look?

I want a glassy reflection only at these areas.

The rest of the part should be metallic, not so glossy.

I got a list of the meshes that should be panel and that should be "the rest" etc.

I noticed that the sliders on the gui have a maximum of 255 while you can manually type beyond that to get a really reflective surface (not on SSTU parts though). Why is that and should I ask on recolour thread? Is there a way to get the slider to the maximum? It is just so I dont need to type all the time. I know I make a lot of noise in threads to do simple things bit I dont know any coding and it must be easy I imagine.

On 11/2/2018 at 11:14 PM, Thorn_Ike said:

Hi,

I tried running TURD, but I can't change textures of stock parts. I installed TURD by potting its folder in GameData. Did I do something wrong?

you have to riggt click a part and choose bob ross on the appearance slider. Then a buttom gets visibke saying "open recoloring GUI"

Have you done that? 

Also do u have module manager, and sstu-pbr installed? That last one is found in SSTU download links!!!!

10 minutes ago, Agustin said:

I noticed that the sliders on the gui have a maximum of 255 while you can manually type beyond that to get a really reflective surface (not on SSTU parts though). Why is that and should I ask on recolour thread? Is there a way to get the slider to the maximum? It is just so I dont need to type all the time. I know I make a lot of noise in threads to do simple things bit I dont know any coding and it must be easy I imagine.

you have to riggt click a part and choose bob ross on the appearance slider. Then a buttom gets visibke saying "open recoloring GUI"

Have you done that? 

Also do u have module manager, and sstu-pbr installed? That last one is found in SSTU download links!!!!

Oh, I need SSTU?

*oh of realization*

Thanks!

3 hours ago, xD-FireStriker said:

Which out of the 2 is better? DX11 or GLCore?

opengl and d3d9 are both very slow, and do not support reflections well.

glclore is significantly higher performance than them, and is the most stable and accurate of all modes currently

d3d11 is noticeably higher performance than glcore, though not significantly; but has some issues with accuracy

d3d12 is slightly higher performance than d3d11 and seems to be pretty stable in this build, but has a number of rendering issues due to nobody checking if their stuff works with d3d12 (including TU)

----

I personally run d3d11 now.

Edited by Electrocutor

On 11/3/2018 at 12:11 AM, Gordon Dry said:

TU/Metallic or TU/Specular?

Either.

On 11/3/2018 at 12:11 AM, Gordon Dry said:

Can I use this for some professional look?

Depends on your texturing skill....  these are the same shaders that are used by most other Unity games; so yes, if you think other Unity games have 'professional' looks to them, then certainly it will be possible in KSP as long as you author your textures correctly.

Sounds like you need to start at the basics -- PBR texturing 101 --

https://academy.allegorithmic.com/courses/b6377358ad36c444f45e2deaa0626e65

https://academy.allegorithmic.com/courses/05171e19aa8dc19421385fd9bb9e016e

The shaders offered by TU are either 'Metallic' or 'Specular' workflow.  Pick which one you want to use, and author your materials specifically for that shader.  Use the Unity Editor to preview your work (you can use the TU shaders from within the editor).

Heads up --

Will be publishing an updated version this evening that fixes up some minor bugs and re-enables some WIP features (TUPartVariant).  I had wanted to push this out on Saturday... but got caught up trying to implement a more performant reflection system, which got badly derailed due to Scatterer integration (or attempts thereof).  Really wanted to get some performance increases for this update... but sadly the world does not want to play along with that idea.  Maybe next time...

On 11/5/2018 at 11:33 PM, Electrocutor said:

opengl and d3d9 are both very slow, and do not support reflections well.

glclore is significantly higher performance than them, and is the most stable and accurate of all modes currently

d3d11 is noticeably higher performance than glcore, though not significantly; but has some issues with accuracy

d3d12 is slightly higher performance than d3d11 and seems to be pretty stable in this build, but has a number of rendering issues due to nobody checking if their stuff works with d3d12 (including TU)

----

I personally run d3d11 now.

Was asking as i ran d3d11 and all the part textures in the editor were blue. when you hovered over the parts the preview is fine and when placed looks right

4 hours ago, xD-FireStriker said:

Was asking as i ran d3d11 and all the part textures in the editor were blue. when you hovered over the parts the preview is fine and when placed looks right

Then you don't have TU installed. TU has an automatic fix for the dx11 part icons.