MMI Development Thread

Dani-Sang

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

First , your mods are really awesome...

Second time , where have you obtain or download the "Topol" type truck use in this picture

Kethane mod is nearing completion , you can already do some very cool stuff with it :P

4gDtb.jpg

I have already see the video made with this Vehicle, but i'm looking where download the truck...

Thank

PS: This is my first post-ever... i don't know how to minimise...

Edited by CJagd
orthographical

Hi

First , your mods are really awesome...

Second time , where have you obtain or download the "Topol" type truck use in this picture

I have already see the video made with this Vehicle, but i'm looking where download the truck...

Thank

PS: This is my first post-ever... i don't know how to minimise...

Sorry to disappoint you, but this vehicle can't be downloaded. It has been created by DamnYouJapan (not Dani) and has (so i'm told) several bugs. This is the reason why DYJ won't release it to the KSP users. It's a pity because it's a very nice truck.

Edited by TheCardinal
Typo

AMAZING work with the plugin guys. And I love the new development thread. Getting to watch the work being done just makes me more excited.

I also wanted to let you guys know that I am as excited about the full release of kethane as I am about .17. Kethane makes that big a difference to gameplay for me. Keep it up.

Kethane 1.0 looks amazing, but the downside to it is that it focuses on mining and refining one kind of material, maybe when its in open source someone will make an alternative material

still i have to admit it, MMI's dev team is pioneering in the idea of mining ops in KSP

Kethane 1.0 looks amazing, but the downside to it is that it focuses on mining and refining one kind of material, maybe when its in open source someone will make an alternative material

still i have to admit it, MMI's dev team is pioneering in the idea of mining ops in KSP

Ones we are finished we will also release documentation for people to use Kethane for their own mods or use part of our code to create other materials. However we choose for 1 because you need to start somewhere and having multiple fueltypes/materials would make this more difficult then it already is.

Hi there!

Kethane Pack is new but very important part of the game - it makes game much more interesting (more awesome ), it gives some goal (not just "make a rocket with >9000 tanks,engines and\or place spaceship on Mun\Minmus like a monument").

Also, there is ZOxigene mod - it allow to convert light of the sun into "ZO2" for "breathing" with solar panels.

Both of them are giving to the game some rudiments of infrastructure, so there is no more random landing - landing zone takes more criteria, not only the "vast(or not very "vaaaaaast" ) flat plane". The landing trajectory become more complicated, 'cause even 100 meters is a great problem( of course, if you aren't using MechJeb plugin and DO IT YOURSELF in "hand mode"). It made a sense for many mods - like Cart mode, various Engine and Parts mode - they are not more only a "playable decorations".

So, I have an idea.(it is inspired by Colobot game)

What, if we add more complexity? MORE complexity, using "ZOxigene","Kethane pack" and "Satellite pack" experience...

Let's start from very beginning:

1. Adding new resources - there is only kethane(for fuel) - so lets it be something for life support.

Maybe, in future, we will see even ores - for producing some parts for spaceship\ basecamp infrastructure.

2. Converting kethane into various fuel\"something-for-life-support" uses energy produced by solar panels/ other sources of "energy" which can be possibly added in future.

I hope, it is possible to do gradation ratios of converting kethane into various resources, like "converting kethane into 1 unit RCS fuel needs 10 units of solar energy per 5 units of kethane". Also,maybe, it is possible "cross-converting" fuel to RCS fuel\"something-for-life-support"\kethane.

According to p.1 - maybe in nearest future - it will be possible to make a factory in the basecamp or even on the orbit!

For example, 1 RCS Fuel tank = 50 units of steel(converts from iron ore) + 200 units of RCS fuel (converts from kethane).

If something-like-docking will be available - this features allows (of course, additionally using something like Robotics pack parts) to build spacecraft not only on Kerbin.

For example, building spacecraft for taking in Minmus orbit needs MK1 pod part, only 3-4 RCS fuel tanks, 12 simple RCS thrusters, 4 landing legs and \life-support-tank\(if we talking about "complexity" ).

If the expectations come true and all parts will take cost\amount, it will be very helpful to have this mode.

Just imagine - along with medium transport shuttles a huge space tanker docking at the space station on the Minmus orbit. Near horizon of Minmus, on Minmus Flat Plain (or Minmus Sea), almost at the terminator line - Minmus base camp. His solar panel reflects last sunlight before a long minmus night comes down - and basecamp lights up with the hundred of electrical lamps, to continue mining of resources for Kerbal Space Expansion Plan. The shuttles come up and down, pumping more kethane to the tanker and life-support-components from it(also to take kerbals to\from colony) - long time without sunlight needs additional sources of life-support for kerbanauts. From basecamp space station and tanker looks like two round light spots, appearing every 5 minutes over horizon. At last kethane pumping is over and space tanker maneuvers out of station (while shuttles stay docking for safe at the station) to take trajectory to Kerbin Orbital Spacecraft Factory. Then starts a huge amount of ion engines - from Minmus it's looks like a small star - and long way back to home begins...

Hi there!

Kethane Pack is new but very important part of the game - it makes game much more interesting (more awesome ), it gives some goal (not just "make a rocket with >9000 tanks,engines and\or place spaceship on Mun\Minmus like a monument").

Also, there is ZOxigene mod - it allow to convert light of the sun into "ZO2" for "breathing" with solar panels.

Both of them are giving to the game some rudiments of infrastructure, so there is no more random landing - landing zone takes more criteria, not only the "vast(or not very "vaaaaaast" ) flat plane". The landing trajectory become more complicated, 'cause even 100 meters is a great problem( of course, if you aren't using MechJeb plugin and DO IT YOURSELF in "hand mode"). It made a sense for many mods - like Cart mode, various Engine and Parts mode - they are not more only a "playable decorations".

So, I have an idea.(it is inspired by Colobot game)

What, if we add more complexity? MORE complexity, using "ZOxigene","Kethane pack" and "Satellite pack" experience...

Let's start from very beginning:

1. Adding new resources - there is only kethane(for fuel) - so lets it be something for life support.

Maybe, in future, we will see even ores - for producing some parts for spaceship\ basecamp infrastructure.

2. Converting kethane into various fuel\"something-for-life-support" uses energy produced by solar panels/ other sources of "energy" which can be possibly added in future.

I hope, it is possible to do gradation ratios of converting kethane into various resources, like "converting kethane into 1 unit RCS fuel needs 10 units of solar energy per 5 units of kethane". Also,maybe, it is possible "cross-converting" fuel to RCS fuel\"something-for-life-support"\kethane.

According to p.1 - maybe in nearest future - it will be possible to make a factory in the basecamp or even on the orbit!

For example, 1 RCS Fuel tank = 50 units of steel(converts from iron ore) + 200 units of RCS fuel (converts from kethane).

If something-like-docking will be available - this features allows (of course, additionally using something like Robotics pack parts) to build spacecraft not only on Kerbin.

For example, building spacecraft for taking in Minmus orbit needs MK1 pod part, only 3-4 RCS fuel tanks, 12 simple RCS thrusters, 4 landing legs and \life-support-tank\(if we talking about "complexity" ).

If the expectations come true and all parts will take cost\amount, it will be very helpful to have this mode.

Just imagine - along with medium transport shuttles a huge space tanker docking at the space station on the Minmus orbit. Near horizon of Minmus, on Minmus Flat Plain (or Minmus Sea), almost at the terminator line - Minmus base camp. His solar panel reflects last sunlight before a long minmus night comes down - and basecamp lights up with the hundred of electrical lamps, to continue mining of resources for Kerbal Space Expansion Plan. The shuttles come up and down, pumping more kethane to the tanker and life-support-components from it(also to take kerbals to\from colony) - long time without sunlight needs additional sources of life-support for kerbanauts. From basecamp space station and tanker looks like two round light spots, appearing every 5 minutes over horizon. At last kethane pumping is over and space tanker maneuvers out of station (while shuttles stay docking for safe at the station) to take trajectory to Kerbin Orbital Spacecraft Factory. Then starts a huge amount of ion engines - from Minmus it's looks like a small star - and long way back to home begins...

I had these many "great" ideas aswel, even shortly after we started. I would disagree/agree on some points but you made your point.

However it is simply not realistic for 2 people to create all of that, we got jobs and a live aswel so we are keeping it just at Kethane atm. Our stuff will be opensource and we will share the code around and I will be sure people will "copy" our stuff and more new intresting elements.

But it is simply not realistic atm.

Ik mag hier misschien geen nederlands praten... Maar hoe maak je al deze mods? en spullen! Ik zou graag zelf ook beginnen met zoiets maar ik heb geen idee

waar ik moet beginnn =S

Kun je Me Helpen?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.