MMI Development Thread

Dani-Sang

Ik mag hier misschien geen nederlands praten... Maar hoe maak je al deze mods? en spullen! Ik zou graag zelf ook beginnen met zoiets maar ik heb geen idee

waar ik moet beginnn =S

Kun je Me Helpen?

Beste Hugio,

Volgens mij ben je nieuw hier, ofniet? :D

Over wat je zei over het nederlands praten klopt, dit is een engels forum en hier mag geen nederlands op gepraat worden.

Het probleem is dat niemand hier namelijk nederlands spreekt (ja, een beetje. maar nieteens 5%) dus deze mensen begrijpen je niet. Je hebt geluk dat ik ff hier kwam kijken :D.

Maakt niet uit dat je 1 keer nederlands spreekt hier, maar doe het maar niet meer. Als je graag zulke dingen wilt weten, ga dan naar het internationale forum (AKA international, bijna onderaan op de hoofdpagina). Daar zou je een nieuw topic kunnen beginnen met deze vraag ;)

ik zou je graag verder willen helpen daar! :D

Groetjes Ruud.

-------

TRANSLATION:

hugio said:

maybe i shouldn't talk dutch here, but how do you make these mods? and this stuff! i would like to start making something like this but i have no idea how to.

where do i have to start =S

could you help me?

I said:

Dear Hugio,

You are new here, right? :D

What you told about talking dutch here is right. This is a english forum and talking dutch is not allowed.

The problem is that nobody speaks dutch (yea, a little bit. but not even 5%) so these people don't understand you. You're lucky i came along :D.

It isn't a big deal that you speak dutch here, but you shouldn't anymore. If you like to ask such stuff, go to the international forum (almost on the end of the main page). That is the place where you should start a new topic ;)

I would gladly help you there!

Best wishes,

Ruud

Beste Hugio,

Volgens mij ben je nieuw hier, ofniet? :D

Over wat je zei over het nederlands praten klopt, dit is een engels forum en hier mag geen nederlands op gepraat worden.

Het probleem is dat niemand hier namelijk nederlands spreekt (ja, een beetje. maar nieteens 5%) dus deze mensen begrijpen je niet. Je hebt geluk dat ik ff hier kwam kijken :D.

Maakt niet uit dat je 1 keer nederlands spreekt hier, maar doe het maar niet meer. Als je graag zulke dingen wilt weten, ga dan naar het internationale forum (AKA international, bijna onderaan op de hoofdpagina). Daar zou je een nieuw topic kunnen beginnen met deze vraag ;)

ik zou je graag verder willen helpen daar! :D

Groetjes Ruud.

-------

TRANSLATION:

hugio said:

maybe i shouldn't talk dutch here, but how do you make these mods? and this stuff! i would like to start making something like this but i have no idea how to.

where do i have to start =S

could you help me?

I said:

Dear Hugio,

You are new here, right? :D

What you told about talking dutch here is right. This is a english forum and talking dutch is not allowed.

The problem is that nobody speaks dutch (yea, a little bit. but not even 5%) so these people don't understand you. You're lucky i came along :D.

It isn't a big deal that you speak dutch here, but you shouldn't anymore. If you like to ask such stuff, go to the international forum (almost on the end of the main page). That is the place where you should start a new topic ;)

I would gladly help you there!

Best wishes,

Ruud

Kuch...

I Know that... But I don't get the english part of making mods...

its too difficult

Kuch...

I Know that... But I don't get the english part of making mods...

its too difficult

Unfortunately, you're kinda stuck using English in the code. Typically, English is the standard in software development (it's the language one uses for writing), unless you're in China. The Chinese government (and some companies, I believe) develop their own software from binary up that results in functions, variables, whatever, being written with Mandarin (simplified, I would hope).

Question: Regarding the MMI Satellite pack...what are your plans with that? Are you going to nab it's assets and make it part of Kethane so it's all one pack? (If so...any plans to move to the SolarPanels_adv_PowerTech part module and Kreuz's EEP?)

Not a lot of updating going on in this thread. Main list still has most things at 20% completed. How are things coming along?

Slowly but it is coming along, real-life jobs and studies of all the MMI peeps have priority atm as you can understand. Upcomming week I'm "free" and don't have freelance projects. I hope by then that I can give some nice updates.

Hey there, Love your guy's mod packs.

I have a suggestion: Have a bio-cylinder that would generate Oxygen, or Zoxygen or Whatever you call it. It would be the size of a standard 1 meter fuel tank, have a window showing plants. It would need to be connected directly behind a pod*crew gets use of the generated oxygen* and would be a nice aesthetic touch to a mun base, or other Celestial objects; possibly leading up to a Atmospheric Dome. Sunlight would increase its efficiency at generating it, but would not be "Required" persay.

Over time, the plants do need SOME sunlight, or their photosynthesis process will eventually die out completely. A "Dead cell" will not return to working order.

I know it is VERY hard to do something with that kind of functionality, but its just a thought. Even if it is JUST asthetics, I wouldn't mind ^_^.

You guys should really update the Sat Pack. Maybe y'all could make the ion engine use just a leeeeeetle bit of fuel, just to make it more realistic.

Also, I think I know how to make the external fuel tanks work without fuel lines. Just make them fuel-crossfeed-capable.

Hey there, Love your guy's mod packs.

I have a suggestion: Have a bio-cylinder that would generate Oxygen, or Zoxygen or Whatever you call it. It would be the size of a standard 1 meter fuel tank, have a window showing plants. It would need to be connected directly behind a pod*crew gets use of the generated oxygen* and would be a nice aesthetic touch to a mun base, or other Celestial objects; possibly leading up to a Atmospheric Dome. Sunlight would increase its efficiency at generating it, but would not be "Required" persay.

Over time, the plants do need SOME sunlight, or their photosynthesis process will eventually die out completely. A "Dead cell" will not return to working order.

I know it is VERY hard to do something with that kind of functionality, but its just a thought. Even if it is JUST asthetics, I wouldn't mind ^_^.

I can see a way around the whole "Dead Cell" thing... have a Reactor to feed power to lights! And instead of plants, have the module be a BioReactor, which would be a little more believable than a can full 'o' plants.

Interesting...

Does this game support Alpha layers? I was thinking something like a Fusion Generator that is animated, lit up, and will burn fuel and generate electricity for any sort of lighting. I liked my "Can full 'o' plants" btw...a Natural CO2 Scrubber/food provider.

Also, Alpha layers in the texture would allow for "Acryllic tubing" that could eventually have an IVA use for kerbals to walk inside of, and view space and all its vastness while orbiting a body.

You guys should really update the Sat Pack. Maybe y'all could make the ion engine use just a leeeeeetle bit of fuel, just to make it more realistic.

Also, I think I know how to make the external fuel tanks work without fuel lines. Just make them fuel-crossfeed-capable.

I can assure you that those updates are coming, but they'll be done when they are done. :) I too had the same issue with the ion engine. The entire electrical system for the coming update has seen a revision, and I've offered to help balance things a bit more realistically. Hopefully, the ion engine will now have a feeling that you really are making a trade-off with the ion engines instead of having infinite fuel always (meaning a long burn will run-down your batteries if you aren't in sunlight and/or don't have a lot of large solar panels). Still, lots of tweaking to be done there, and each test requires one to launch the test vehicle anew...I don't have a reliable way to test balancing at the other planets, which is (incredibly) annoying.

I'll try out that theory with the radial tanks later. That'd be nifty.

Edited by phoenix_ca

Just dropping buy to say I love your guys' mod. It's by far one of my favorite mods. I just started using it today so I'm a pretty big noob when it comes to the Kethane industry but I just thought I'd just leave a picture of my Kethane Aircraft. It's 100% functional :D

screenshot0.png

One suggestion I might leave here if it hasn't already been slipped in somewhere is a better kethane detection map. Right now (for me, at least) it appears as a one pixel thick strip along a black rectangle in the map GUI. It's be nice if there was a lunar surface overlay in the background. :sealed:

The Kethane Detector is really starting to confuse me. It's almost always beeping at a constant rate and such, sometimes it just stops at areas but it always says this. (I know it isn't very common on Kerbin but this is odd how far I've checked and nothing found.)

juyaD.png

I've checked most of this area, excluding the waters and Higher mountain spots.

n5q7c.png

If the stuff is this rare, it really needs to be made more common.

EDIT: Made a new save and now it's 3-4 pixels in the shape of an L rotated clockwise and some of the bottom cut off. Otherwise the stuff is the same result.

Edited by El Padre
Updated info

The Kethane Detector is really starting to confuse me. It's almost always beeping at a constant rate and such, sometimes it just stops at areas but it always says this. (I know it isn't very common on Kerbin but this is odd how far I've checked and nothing found.)

juyaD.png

I've checked most of this area, excluding the waters and Higher mountain spots.

n5q7c.png

If the stuff is this rare, it really needs to be made more common.

EDIT: Made a new save and now it's 3-4 pixels in the shape of an L rotated clockwise and some of the bottom cut off. Otherwise the stuff is the same result.

Kethane doesn't work very good on kerbin... try going to the moon or minimus, kethane is a lot more abundunt on them.

a question how will you make that Kethane is easier to find? will the detector scan a larger area?

Kethane is basically nonexistent on Kerbin, you have to go to any other body and then you have a good chance of finding it. The Mun is good if you want to save fuel, since you don't refuel empty tanks, but Minmus requires a lower delta-V to land and take off from, which would make it a good "gas station at the end of the planetary system". It's pretty difficult to get into a polar orbit around one of the moons, but hell, it's also hard to get into a perfect equatorial orbit too. Just get anything that isn't around the equator, turn on the detector and then go do something else. I'd recommend also using the ISA mapsat so you could find the co-ords of a place you already passed, and the altitude, to see if it's easier/worth it to attempt a landing. Just remember, the Kethane and ISA maps are flipped horizontally, anything that you see on the top of the ISA will be on the bottom of the Kethane.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.