Liquid space race

Recently your company went bankrupt so you and a few other Kerbinians haft to launch the newest scheme... The satellite (it will be the first one ever in orbit.) not only that but you'll win a 100 K$ bet (your boss doesn't really have 100 K$) if you do it with only liquid engines. If you fail you get fired if you win you will be loved by your boss. ( Not really much but hey its better than getting fired) To win this challenge you have to make it to 40K meters and orbit around the Kerth till you reach a stable orbit (less than 20 ms up or down try to keep it near the zero) then let the satellite go (it doesn't haft to stay in orbit I know that it wont work that way). Also try to land on land (get it :D) the Kerbinians don't know how to swim... To win send in a video please. Also a note whoever can get into a stable orbit at 40,000 m (you can go all the way to 45,500 m you can only release the satellite when in range) a bonus to whoever can land on the landing pad (minus 1min 30sec) Also you can only land at the same place as the space center landing on it will grant you a prize which is 5 minutes taken away from the clock. If you do not own FRAPS or any recording software then I will need some pictures first one of the ship with at least 1 satellite second of it in orbit and or releasing the satellite and last of the flight results.

Mods you'll need:

Heat management.

Saturn V parts pack

Sunday Punches Parts Pack 9.0

SIDR parts (use the satellite)

Also here is the first part of my run in HD 8)! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBXkjpaiWfY

Well, I haven't got the several hours needed to go around Kerbin three times so this probably won't count as a success, but this rocket will nonetheless do the trick - And with stock parts only, at that, discounting the satellite itself:

stocksattelitelauncher.png

I had two satellites and couldn't remember which came from where, so just picked the heavier of them for this (not that there was much difference between them). Also, though you didn't specify it, I also provided for the safe return of the astronauts after the job is done.

Here's an image of it in orbit, with half a tank still remaining for a Hohmann transfer to 400k:

parkingorbitsatellitela.png

Heh, yeah. The thing with a 400k orbit is it would take bloody hours to complete three full orbits, and I just can't be arsed heh.

Actually getting there wouldn't be much harder than simply getting into space though. For example, using my attempt above as an example, getting from the ~44k orbit in the second screenshot to a 400k orbit would take only a little more than 400m/s delta-v using a Hohmann transfer.

Well, I haven't got the several hours needed to go around Kerbin three times so this probably won't count as a success, but this rocket will nonetheless do the trick - And with stock parts only, at that, discounting the satellite itself:

I had two satellites and couldn't remember which came from where, so just picked the heavier of them for this (not that there was much difference between them). Also, though you didn't specify it, I also provided for the safe return of the astronauts after the job is done.

Dude you can use the mods I've shown if you do it will take less then 20 minutes also Ive updated the challenge I was so tired I didn't check correctly.

20m +/- on the orbit? Screw you. >:(

Thats not to hard. you just have to get stable really now if it was less then 5/ms then you'd be screwed. Also I think you think im saying less than 20 m up or down aint allowed... No not at all you can go to 45,500 M im say stable orbit is considered that gauge being close to the zero not at the 100 you need to keep it at less than 10. But of course it would be better for the Kerbinians to not haft to worry about their satellite.

P.S Hey Brony.

Oh, you mean a change of twenty metres per second vertical? That's much easier. An orbit with 20m difference between apogee and perigee though... :-X

Yes that's correct I don't want people calling an orbit 100 m/s force up or down that's not much of an orbit. I didn't say no movement at all cause that's impossible.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.