Interstellar Extended Fusion Engine Question?

dvp

Sorry if this is the wrong subforum.

I'm trying to build a fusion-engine-powered ship with Interstellar tech, and I'm running into something that I think is weird, but maybe somebody has some tips? Or maybe it's supposed to work this way and I'm needing to design around it better.

I have the ship in the screenshot below. The problem is when I throttle up the engine. The reactor and generators will gradually come up to the power level needed to run the engine at the selected speed, but this dips into my MJ reserves. Now that would be fine, except when the reactor/generators catch up, they only reach equilibrium, and don't actually produce any power to replenish my batteries. Same problem with the radiators, but in reverse - my WasteHeat will rise until the rads panels catch up and begin dissipating the heat, but they never work hard enough to bring my WasteHeat back down (which means my part temperatures go up, which means my generator efficiency drops, which means the MJ drain is bigger the next time I tap "Shift" to bring the throttle up a little bit more.)

ghnEqIY.jpg

I was able to get this design up to maximum throttle by opening the throttle in very slow increments, but that's kind of annoying. How do I tell my generators and radiators to actually do their jobs (replenish my MJ reserves and cool the ship)? Or am I somehow using the wrong combination of parts?

I have KAS, KIS, TweakUI (hence the giant radiators), Procedural parts, and a couple other mods installed. Is it possible one of them is conflicting with Interstellar somehow?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by dvp

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.